FML general thread [8]

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Rosenakahara
Evangelion
Evangelion

Re: FML general thread [8]

•      
  •      

Postby Rosenakahara » Mon Jul 11, 2016 4:42 am

Bought the noose now just need to figure out where to put it and where to drop from.
"She had better march back here and try again! I only send people off on my terms! ...Or in a casket."
I don't need a scabbard to sheathe my mind
What is going on is a concerted effort from anti-progressives to silence anyone who disagrees with them.-Bagheera 2016
The Twelve Kingdoms discussion thread

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Mon Jul 11, 2016 4:55 am

Please be joking.

Alright. Tell us what happened?

Rosenakahara
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Rosenakahara » Mon Jul 11, 2016 5:05 am

If I was joking I wouldn't have posted it here.
I'll update this when i'm done with the calculations anyway.
"She had better march back here and try again! I only send people off on my terms! ...Or in a casket."
What is going on is a concerted effort from anti-progressives to silence anyone who disagrees with them.-Bagheera 2016

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Mon Jul 11, 2016 5:09 am

Rose, there are people who care for you here. I care for you. Even though I've never met you IRL.

We all go through rough times. But we all have to keep on living. Please?

Rosenakahara
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Rosenakahara » Mon Jul 11, 2016 5:30 am

Oh please calm down, you dont know me, in fact almost nobody here actually knows me.
All it will mean is one less person posts on here and I only post in the offtopic section anyway, besides i'm not actually going to do it till I move out for a few reasons.
So I'll still be here a little bit till then.

movieartman
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby movieartman » Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:14 am

Rose who will take care of your dog if you go?
Regardless of how well we know you or not I pray something improves and causes you to reconsider.
Sincerely sorry your at such a place in your life.

Kazuki_Fuse
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby Kazuki_Fuse » Mon Jul 11, 2016 9:39 pm

View Original PostRosenakahara wrote:Bought the noose now just need to figure out where to put it and where to drop from.

Where do you buy a pre-tied noose from? Asking for a friend.
Avatar: "Here is a magical girl who would not take it anymore"
Hitler AND eating babies in a Shinji thread? Business as usual- TMBounty_Hunter
Sorry, my policy is not to take life advice from people with ego problems who also happen to post on anime forums- CJD
Does Love Live get a lot of shit or something?- caragnafog dog

Tumbling Down
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Tumbling Down » Tue Jul 12, 2016 1:45 am

I am nothing. You are wind and water and sky, Jodie. Tell me, Jodie, how I can earn your love. I would swim oceans. I would move mountains. I would do anything for you. What do you want me to do? I am unworthy of your love, Jodie, Jodie. Let me prove worthy of your love. Tell me how I can earn your love. Set me free. How can I turn your love to me?

I am nothing. You are wind and devil and God, Charlie. Take my blood and my body for your love. Let me feel fire. Let me drink poison. Tell me to tear my heart in two, if that's what you want me to do. I am unworthy of your love, Charlie, darlin'. I have done nothing for your love. Let me be worthy of your love, set me free.

I would come take you from your life. I would come take you from your cell. You would be queen to me, not wife. I would crawl belly deep through Hell. Baby, I'd die for you. Baby, I'd die for you. Even though I will always know, I am unworthy of your love, darling, darling. Let me be worthy of your love. I'll find a way to earn your love, wait and see. Then, you will turn your love to me.

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:03 am

Pkay I'm just putting this here to air my grievances.

what is it with all these bogus spam threads being posted on the Forum? I mean about a year ago there was guy talking about the Imams, then there was another about a health drink, and now there's one on the Rebuild forum!

What the hell!

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:32 am

Spam is battering on the doors of forums like this day and night; the defences here are very good - it's just that no defences are perfect (some spammers are actually human and can handle the Turing tests, for instance). And the staff are pretty responsive in removing what gets through as well (reporting it helps them).
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

KingXanaduu
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby KingXanaduu » Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:40 pm

I can't claim to know what you're going through Rose, that's not my place nor do I have a stance.

But at least try to really consider what you're going through, before you decide to give up everything.

Talk to these people: UK Suicide Hotlines

They can help.
"You're na�ve, Cecil. Even knowing betrayal and despair, you would depend on the whims of others?" - Golbez
---------------------------------------
Sephiroth: "Do you miss the Light?"
Golbez: "Hmph...I merely have duties to fulfill."
Sephiroth: "Too close to the brightness, and you may get scorched."
Golbz:.............
Golbez: Your loss can strengthen you.

"NGE Shinji is broken, Manga Shinji is an asshole, Rebuild Shinji is an idiot. Which is best? Uh, can I get some other options? All of these really suck." -Bagheera

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Wed Jul 13, 2016 11:15 pm

View Original PostRosenakahara wrote:Oh please calm down, you dont know me, in fact almost nobody here actually knows me.
All it will mean is one less person posts on here and I only post in the offtopic section anyway, besides i'm not actually going to do it till I move out for a few reasons.
So I'll still be here a little bit till then.

I don't know you and I won't patronize you by pretending that I do, but I speak the gospel truth when I say I think you're a lovely person and I don't want you to die.

xanderkh wrote:
Talk to these people: UK Suicide Hotlines

They can help.
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Thu Jul 14, 2016 4:04 pm

This is no more than just a pain, but a mail server in Iceland is connecting to my mail server every ten seconds and then disconnecting, and has been doing that for five days; presumably it's trying to send spam. I have identified the hosting company where the server is, but their website, including the contact information and support pages, consists of nothing but "lorem ipsum" paragraphs - so I can't find a way to get in touch with them to stop it. The messy side of the Internet...
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )

KingXanaduu
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby KingXanaduu » Thu Jul 14, 2016 6:30 pm

^

Is there a technique you can do to block it? Like Spamming the spam?
"You're na�ve, Cecil. Even knowing betrayal and despair, you would depend on the whims of others?" - Golbez
---------------------------------------
Sephiroth: "Do you miss the Light?"
Golbez: "Hmph...I merely have duties to fulfill."
Sephiroth: "Too close to the brightness, and you may get scorched."
Golbz:.............
Golbez: Your loss can strengthen you.

"NGE Shinji is broken, Manga Shinji is an asshole, Rebuild Shinji is an idiot. Which is best? Uh, can I get some other options? All of these really suck." -Bagheera

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Fri Jul 15, 2016 12:57 am

Not that's worth the effort. This actually has very little effect, except that my logs are filling up with repeated rubbish which interferes with finding things that need dealing with - which is why it made me grumpy..

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Sat Jul 16, 2016 7:52 pm

(delete).
Last edited by Ray on Fri Feb 26, 2021 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cyharding
Our Man in Tokyo 3
Our Man in Tokyo 3

•      
  •      

Postby cyharding » Sun Jul 17, 2016 4:51 pm

I don't know if this is a FML as I don't exactly know what happened, so I'll tell you what happened. I tried to access the ABC news site (American not Austrailian) to see any news about that shooting in Baton Rouge. I used abcnews.com to get there. It not the exact site (it's abcnews.go.com), but it always fowarded to the correct address. When I did it this time, I got this security warning saying that my computer was being hacked and that I need to call Mircosoft at such & such a number and that I was being locked out from the internet. I did a ctrl-alt-delete to get out of it and was able to get back onto the internet. I did a security scan on Windows defender, which came up clean for any funny business. Logic tells me that it was the phone number that is the scam and that I'll be all right. Based on what I told you, the question is am I all right?
Finding intelligent life on the web is not easy, we must all be glad we found EGF. - A.T. Fish
You Can Start Again. Chapter 32 now released. Now on FF.net
Oh, Eva, you never cease to amaze me. Your fans are analizing a calendar, for god's sake.- Alpha

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Sun Jul 17, 2016 5:04 pm

If you didn't click or call, then I expect you to be all right; but checking is never a bad thing.

I would not trust Windows defender to be sufficient as a confidence test, though it's basically sound. Malwarebytes is a good independent test and very thorough indeed (Google it - it's free to get for a one-off test, but you get more facilities for regular use if you pay).

My experience is that for general real-time use a good paid-for anti-malware package is worthwhile. I use Eset's NOD32 for preference, but there are others worth considering. Having that and using Malwarebytes for another viewpoint when something bad happens should cover everything.

TehDonutKing
Camel Dilettante
Camel Dilettante

•      
  •      

Postby TehDonutKing » Sun Jul 17, 2016 6:27 pm

Rose, if you read this, please reply to me. I'm very worried about your wellbeing.
/hj

I said and did some dumb and hurtful things in my time here when i was younger. If i ever hurt you, i'm sorry. If you see any of this while reading old threads, i'm learning and trying to improve. Donut redemption arc in progress.

cyharding
Our Man in Tokyo 3
Our Man in Tokyo 3

•      
  •      

Postby cyharding » Sun Jul 17, 2016 9:07 pm

View Original Postpwhodges wrote:Malwarebytes is a good independent test and very thorough indeed (Google it - it's free to get for a one-off test, but you get more facilities for regular use if you pay).

I downloaded the free version and ran a scan, which give me a clean bill of health, so I think I can rest easy. I'll need to think about get the pay version and perhaps antivirus. I don't usually go to many wierd places on the net, so I was really caught off guard with this. It was a mainstream newssite that I go to often.
Finding intelligent life on the web is not easy, we must all be glad we found EGF. - A.T. Fish
You Can Start Again. Chapter 32 now released. Now on FF.net
Oh, Eva, you never cease to amaze me. Your fans are analizing a calendar, for god's sake.- Alpha

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”