If the house is a-rockin'... [RML Thread 3]

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Sorrow
Lilin
Lilin

Postby Sorrow » Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:23 pm

View Original PostRosenakahara wrote:if this goes badly it will end up in FML

We'll see you over there, then.
The fate of man…the hope of man is written in sorrow.

Dr. Nick
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

Postby Dr. Nick » Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:52 pm

View Original PostVegeta 20XX wrote:So, Texas is legalizing marijuana in eight days, taking effect on January 1st of next year - literally the last place I expected to do so (I figured Texas would hold out until federal legalization, given the political proclivities of Deep Southern states).

Third Impact must surely be inevitable at this point - this scenario seems entirely impossible.

Fake news.

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:09 am

Cue the sad trumpet music, I guess? :huh:

Squigsquasher
Banned

Postby Squigsquasher » Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:43 am

View Original PostSorrow wrote:We'll see you over there, then.

Don't be such a moody git, Sorrow.

Best of luck to you, Rosenkahara.
Here lies Squigsquasher.
2013-2017.

Vegeta 20XX
XX0↊ ɐʇǝƃǝɅ

Postby Vegeta 20XX » Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:59 am

View Original PostDr. Nick wrote:Fake news.

Figures - I guess I let my hopes get up there on this one.

Cue sad trumpet music indeed...
Avatar: Apophis' shifty-looking gaze as he invades the SGC.
Vegeta 20XX: Actually pixelated, and the self proclaimed "King of the screw up". - Fazmotron
The most awesome thing ever. Seriously.
I witnessed a young girl ohhh about 12 years of age or so fall off a snowbank then proceed to say "Fuck you snowhill that hurt" - Dataprime
For those who put things like "Chuckman x Chuckmen" and "Follower of the Chuckman x Chuckman pairing" in their signatures: All you need is fuck.

MAGI_01
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

Postby MAGI_01 » Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:00 pm

Well looks like I'll be starting at work next Monday. Gonna be a weird change. I'll actually have to get up at a reasonable time in the morning now. Cool thing is I only work in the morning, so I get the rest of the day off to do whatever and I get weekends off as well.

Was kinda bummed that all of my classes got canceled this quarter, but maybe that's sort of a good thing since I'll be able to transition into working a bit easier.
"If it's stupid but works, it isn't stupid." - Me
"Has anyone ever told you how pretty your eyes are?" - Akio's most famous line.
Akio in Lance of LoL's Rebuild RP
Steam/PSN: MAGI_01 Origin: MAGI_02
Interested in a FMA based RP? Then check this out!

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

Postby Bagheera » Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:05 pm

View Original PostRosenakahara wrote:No third impact is when texas legalizes gay marriage and at the same time realizes women don't like to be treated like crap by thier government

this girl i have been good friends with+had a crush on for a while admitted to me she was gay, i told her i was gay too so i was cool with it and she went home for the night after not being shocked at all (lol am i that obvious?), this is quite possibly the most luck i have had in my entire life, if this goes badly it will end up in FML

I really hope things work out for you, Rose. Good luck!
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

soul.assassin
Geezer of All Trades
Geezer of All Trades

Postby soul.assassin » Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:44 pm

Got a very important assignment, possibly the biggest one ever in terms of emotional involvement (my brain screamed YES when I got the news in the mail); can't tell much but it's a large desktop publishing project involving a Japanese VIP and it should be ready just in time by the middle of July next year. :)

(BTW, it was in planning for almost a very long time.)

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Thu Sep 25, 2014 1:29 am

I was looking through my old posts this evening and was filled with a wonderful sense of nostalgia when I found the post where I hit my first thousand. It's really fun being on these forums, and I can't believe that my two-year anniversary is coming up!

And as long as I'm thinking about that old memory, here's a new milestone: I own around 1% of your stuff, Evageeks. :lol:

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

Postby pwhodges » Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:35 am

Today for the first time ever one of my colleagues (a new guy, but not young - over 40 I'd guess) recognised my desktop background (one of a rotating set of Eva images) as being from Eva and commented on it, saying that he has the series and films himself. Maybe I'll have someone to talk about it with IRL!
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:23 pm

Eva is always fun when you can talk about it with other people. Good for you!

delispin25
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

Postby delispin25 » Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:03 am

View Original Postpwhodges wrote:Today for the first time ever one of my colleagues (a new guy, but not young - over 40 I'd guess) recognised my desktop background (one of a rotating set of Eva images) as being from Eva and commented on it, saying that he has the series and films himself. Maybe I'll have someone to talk about it with IRL!

I saw someone at my school walking to class with what looked to be an official Eva 01 bag. Didn't say anything though, because she was far enough that I would of had to yell, which I wasn't going to do because there were several other people around.

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

Postby NemZ » Sat Sep 27, 2014 2:44 pm

I took the LSAT today. Won't know how I did until some time next month, but I have a pretty good feeling about it. :D
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Sat Sep 27, 2014 2:46 pm

Congrats, NemZ! :D

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

Postby child of Lilith » Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:38 am

Good luck, NemZ. ^_^
"Let the right one in. Let the old dreams die. Let the wrong ones go. They cannot do, what you want them to do."- Morrissey, Let the Right One Slip In

"Happy people can be so cruel"- Claudia, Silent Hill 3

"everlasting, true love, I am yours"- Rule of Rose

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

Postby Monk Ed » Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:59 am

View Original PostNemZ wrote:I took the LSAT today.

*looks it up* You're trying to get into law school?!
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Sun Sep 28, 2014 1:12 am

I spoke on helium for the first time this evening. It was wonderful.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mr. Tines » Sun Sep 28, 2014 2:25 am

View Original PostNemZ wrote:I took the LSAT today. Won't know how I did until some time next month, but I have a pretty good feeling about it. :D
Monk having explained that your LSAT is not the satellite of that name that I worked on 30+ years ago, here's an article that's representative of what I've been hearing about law school in the states over the past couple of years.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

Postby NemZ » Sun Sep 28, 2014 4:05 am

I'm aware Tines, but I've no intention of going somewhere if I don't have a scholarship (I'm perfectly fine with a top 75~100 school as the article mentions), and while business, contract and criminal lawyers are having a tough time of it right now there are areas that are still growing and I plan to focus in one of those... specifically intellectual properties and copyright law, as that's directly relevant to my graphic design experience.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

Sgt. Griff
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Postby Sgt. Griff » Sun Sep 28, 2014 5:09 am

View Original PostNuclear Lunchbox wrote:I spoke on helium for the first time this evening. It was wonderful.

It doesn't last long enough. Never long enough at all.
Leave Shinji alone

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”