FML General Thread [2]

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Justacrazyguy
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

Postby Justacrazyguy » Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:11 pm

Maybe the game doesn´t like you?^
Nearly all teenage boys are dumbfucks-Xard

É altura de se tornarem pessoas interessantes.- My Classic Culture Teacher

MYANIMELIST-http://myanimelist.net/profile/Justacrazyguy

Aiko Heiwa
Salt 'n' Genki
Salt 'n' Genki

Postby Aiko Heiwa » Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:48 pm

My boyfriend got into a fight with his parents and his parents kicked him out and now one of his other partners berated me for being so shocked by this that I couldn't feel any emotional response.

Plus, there's also the fact that I have problems feeling empathy for people. I just find it almost impossible to do it. I know I should, but I just can't do it.

And now I really, really, really, really, really, really, really wish I had a phone to call him with, he probably needs it.
This signature officially sponsored by The Holy Church of Aiko Heiwa® since 2 December 2011

KnightmareX13
Seepage Murid
Seepage Murid

Postby KnightmareX13 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:22 pm

View Original PostAiko Heiwa wrote:My boyfriend got into a fight with his parents and his parents kicked him out and now one of his other partners berated me for being so shocked by this that I couldn't feel any emotional response.

Plus, there's also the fact that I have problems feeling empathy for people. I just find it almost impossible to do it. I know I should, but I just can't do it.

And now I really, really, really, really, really, really, really wish I had a phone to call him with, he probably needs it.

maybe a prepaid cell phone
"This is for the record. History is written by the victor. History is filled with liars. If he lives, and we die, his truth becomes written - and ours is lost..." -- Cpt. Price
"Damn the torpedoes" -- ADM Farragut
"I have not yet begun to fight!" -- Cpt. John Paul Jones
"Don't be alarmed, we're taking over the ship" -- Cpt. Jack Sparrow
Napalm Sticks to kids ♣ Λ

Aiko Heiwa
Salt 'n' Genki
Salt 'n' Genki

Postby Aiko Heiwa » Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:31 pm

View Original PostKnightmareX13 wrote:maybe a prepaid cell phone

I'm sorry, but I don't really understand what you're saying here.
This signature officially sponsored by The Holy Church of Aiko Heiwa® since 2 December 2011

Final Messenger
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby Final Messenger » Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:33 pm

View Original PostAiko Heiwa wrote:I'm sorry, but I don't really understand what you're saying here.

I think he is saying to go buy a prepaid cell phone since your cell phone was taken away.
Avatar:super high school level ???? Kyouko Kirigiri
"Before Pimptimus turned the Jupitris into his brothel it was giant helium carrier"- Fireball
"to solve a mystery sometimes you have to take risks. Isn't that right?"- Kyouko Kirigiri
more people should read Dangan Ronpa

Aiko Heiwa
Salt 'n' Genki
Salt 'n' Genki

Postby Aiko Heiwa » Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:36 pm

View Original PostFinal Messenger wrote:I think he is saying to go buy a prepaid cell phone since your cell phone was taken away.

Oh.

Well if that is what he's saying, I can't do that right now because even though I have some money, it's 11:30 pm and my folks are asleep.

Defectron
Tentacle Girl
Tentacle Girl

Postby Defectron » Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:22 pm

View Original PostTwin Drive Sigma Aquarion wrote:The only good that can come from this is that it gives more reason to send a mass PM campaign to get this malicious tyrant out of power and out of the FMs once and for all.

Oh yeah I completely missed this, I kind of forgot about tdsa's magical life lesson but it looks like its still in effect.

Well, if that's the "case" than pretty much all of us on this site should've been dead a long time ago. Yet we're still here. It's a smile. Care to explain that?

Well I sort of agree about most of those in power being villains that are worse then serial killers and rapists, though there are some among them that try to do the right thing, but they are minoritys. So yeah you might be wondering why it is we aren't all dead if that is the case. There are several reasons. One is is take a look at the french revolution. This is what happens when those in power openly screw everyone over and give them the middle finger while laughing. There are more of us then there are them so they have to pretend that they aren't fucking us over. Now anyone with a brain can see through this, but most modern americans only have chocolate pudding in their heads which is why they don't, or at least they only think one of the two parties is screwing them like the dems or the repubs, but the truth is both of those parties stand for exactly the same thing and both need to go.

Lyndon Johnson?

I dunno, vietnam....

yeah lol, sup mob money etc.

Yeah he wasn't perfect but Kennedy did some things no other president has been doing and all of them should have been doing such as not bowing to the federal reserve. That's why I say he was the last one who was for the people , or at least he tried to be for the people.
Parasite Galaxy: An experimental webcomic

http://www.parasitegalaxy.com/ Updates Monday and Thursday. Vote for me on top webcomics

If you want to support this comic buy something from me on amazon

tehprognoob
Ireul
Ireul

Postby tehprognoob » Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:13 am

Uh, whole point of the Federal Reserve is that it's separate from the government proper.

It's a financial institution that has to be run separate from the politicians, because smart economics doesn't equate sounding good for voters.

The President, the Court, or [Insert name of deity] forbid, Congress, should never have a hand or power in the workings of the Fed, which needs to be run by intellectuals, not politicians, and certainly not the masses who think they can run a country.

Just look at the last time the Fed tried to make the fun last longer, and didn't raise interest rates in the months preceding the 2008 Recession. Continuously low interest rates? Money is cheap? Well, so is risk. Everybody throws their cash around and don't give a flying fuck. The next thing you know, they've spent too much of that cash and can't get the returns to cover their asses. It's what happened in Europe. Bailouts saved the US from going to the level of Spain, of course, and Q.E. makes paying off that debt just a little bit easier.

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

Postby NemZ » Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:36 am

TDSA wrote:The only good that can come from this is that it gives more reason to send a mass PM campaign to get this malicious tyrant out of power and out of the FMs once and for all.

NO, it means you should get the fuck over it already and move on with your life. Find a new forum. Find 20 new forums. Just stop the pointless drama over insignificant minutia posted on a website that clearly doesn't want you around. If you can't manage that, at least do us a favor and stop unloading all this utterly pointless nonsense here because NOBODY CARES.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

Postby Monk Ed » Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:11 am

View Original Posttehprognoob wrote:Uh, whole point of the Federal Reserve is that it's separate from the government proper.

...The chairmanship of it is appointed by the president. Secondly, it has a government-granted monopoly on the control of the American money supply; if you try to compete with it by providing another currency you will be raided and if you resist you will be shot. (The Liberty Dollar, a competing currency, was raided under the laughable idea that it was a "counterfeit operation".)
Just look at the last time the Fed tried to make the fun last longer, and didn't raise interest rates in the months preceding the 2008 Recession. Continuously low interest rates? Money is cheap? Well, so is risk. Everybody throws their cash around and don't give a flying fuck. The next thing you know, they've spent too much of that cash and can't get the returns to cover their asses. It's what happened in Europe.

This is the kind of line you'd expect right out of a Mises.org article (and I like those), but what follows...
Bailouts saved the US from going to the level of Spain, of course, and Q.E. makes paying off that debt just a little bit easier.

Wha? Well I'm sure that's all nice and well for people who were irresponsible, but savers are utterly screwed. Q.E. is among the reasons my 90-year-old grandparents are now living in my house and driving my mother crazy (so crazy that she has actually thrown the D-word around and it's making me nervous). The declining value of the dollar is killing their savings even as they become more dependent on them. The Fed is helping to break my family apart.

EDIT: Also what Alaska Slim says below.
Last edited by Monk Ed on Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

Alaska Slim
Frigus Ignoramus
Frigus Ignoramus

Economics? F*CK... YEAH! BD

Postby Alaska Slim » Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:08 am

tehprognoob wrote:Bailouts saved the US from going to the level of Spain,

Didn't really save anything. Bailouts mean a crowding out of Government in the Private sector, it produces some good for those directly given the money, but harms everywhere else.

That's not even to mention what it does to the Deficit.

Government involvement in the economy created this problem, and it's fallacy to think more involvement can solve it.
"Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing." - 1 Thessalonians 5:11

"It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

"God is in his Heaven, and free men walk upon the Earth" - Rev. Robert Sirico, President of the Acton Institute

Twin Drive Sigma Aquarion
Banned

Postby Twin Drive Sigma Aquarion » Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:02 am

You guys are under the assumption that anything other than actively going to TK and undoing the tyrant's policies and power is going to ever make me stop complaining. Here is a hint: They will not, the curse of exile is only lifted when the curser is defeated.
So depressed am I
Missing you I do TK
Gone from paradise

Justacrazyguy
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

Postby Justacrazyguy » Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:49 am

TDSA, I have a story for you:

The Gate

There was once a man that complained a lot about sttuf and said there was a gate, and if the gate opened, he would enter it and all is problems would end.

One day, he was walking and he discovered the gate. It was opened. But the man said "Hum, I´m hungry, I´ll enter the gate another day.

The End.

Dream
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby Dream » Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:18 am

View Original PostJustacrazyguy wrote:TDSA, I have a story for you...

Personally, i don't think you should bother, Crazyguy, i honestly do wonder if TDSA even deserves the help people give him.

And i do have to wonder just what were you trying to prove to him with that story.

On topic FML: It's funny to think of this, but... Even when now i question my capacity to love and my wheter or not i deserve or should be alive less often than in the past (NGE, Choke and Katawa Shoujo played a major role in that) I still do it sometimes when i am in more depressive moods. What's more bizarre is that i don't even know if i want to leave all that behind me, sure i don't exactly feel happy when i am in such moods but... It's hard to explain, i think the best i can put it is that i feel i would lose a part of myself if i were to leave all that darkness behind.
"Every line is a joy" -Kaworu Nagisa.

"Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm." - Ralph Waldo Emerson.

Justacrazyguy
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

Postby Justacrazyguy » Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:28 am

View Original PostDream wrote:Personally, i don't think you should bother, Crazyguy, i honestly do wonder if TDSA even deserves the help people give him.

And i do have to wonder just what were you trying to prove to him with that story.

It´s okay Dream, I like doing this. Also, isn´t it obvious what I´m trying to prove? He can just end all is problems, but he does not and chooses to keep complayning.

Twin Drive Sigma Aquarion
Banned

Postby Twin Drive Sigma Aquarion » Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:48 am

And yet somehow people think that complaining about me complaining is going to solve anything.
So depressed am I
Missing you I do TK
Gone from paradise

tehprognoob
Ireul
Ireul

Postby tehprognoob » Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:07 pm

View Original PostMonk Ed wrote:...The chairmanship of it is appointed by the president. Secondly, it has a government-granted monopoly on the control of the American money supply; if you try to compete with it by providing another currency you will be raided and if you resist you will be shot. (The Liberty Dollar, a competing currency, was raided under the laughable idea that it was a "counterfeit operation".)

This is the kind of line you'd expect right out of a Mises.org article (and I like those), but what follows...

Wha? Well I'm sure that's all nice and well for people who were irresponsible, but savers are utterly screwed. Q.E. is among the reasons my 90-year-old grandparents are now living in my house and driving my mother crazy (so crazy that she has actually thrown the D-word around and it's making me nervous). The declining value of the dollar is killing their savings even as they become more dependent on them. The Fed is helping to break my family apart.

EDIT: Also what Alaska Slim says below.

1. Appointed by the President but has the power to do his own stuff. A responsible central banker should operate by economic sense and the President shouldn't interfere

2. And what happens when there's multiple currency controls? What if I decide to be stupid and fuck around with the currency just how I like it? Can you still guarantee the security of the dollar then? Can you just let anyone mess with it?

3. Bailouts weren't a perfect solution, but it was better than just letting banks collapse. You might argue the immorality of letting bankers go scott-free but I argue damage control. Sure, Bailout wasn't the best of ideas, but what else would you do? A republic like the US can't just nationalize the banks like the Swedes, not that the American banking sector was small enough to use the Swedish Solution on anyways. The Fed bought everyone's toxic assets and made it so that capital can still flow in bad days. There could have been a better solution, but any solution is better than no solution at all.

4. Q.E. was bad for personal savings, yes. I won't argue with you there.

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

Postby NemZ » Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:12 pm

And yet somehow you think that endlessly complaining about shit nobody cares about is going to solve anything.

The game is over TDSA and you lost. No, you can't continue. No, you don't get a rematch or best of 3. It's over and you lost and that is the end of it. Period. It's not just the one mod... they don't want you back, and with good reason. Nothing will change this, no matter how stubborn and/or delusional you are. IT. IS. OVER. From now on I'd recommend every time you think about posting more of this bullshit drama here that you should instead immediately stand up and throw yourself face-first to the ground or at the nearest wall to remind yourself just how pointless and self-injuring this crusade of yours truely is.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

Postby Bagheera » Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:48 pm

View Original PostTwin Drive Sigma Aquarion wrote:And yet somehow people think that complaining about me complaining is going to solve anything.

Irony!
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”