WTF is yer avatar & sig from?! (e)

Old sticky threads from different subfora are preserved here for easy reference

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

Postby child of Lilith » Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:24 am

It would seem everyone is enjoying their new custom titles quiet a bit.
"Let the right one in. Let the old dreams die. Let the wrong ones go. They cannot do, what you want them to do."- Morrissey, Let the Right One Slip In

"Happy people can be so cruel"- Claudia, Silent Hill 3

"everlasting, true love, I am yours"- Rule of Rose

EvangelionFan
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby EvangelionFan » Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:30 am

Near.
Voluntary Illusion.

Eva Yojimbo
Redbeard
Redbeard

Postby Eva Yojimbo » Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:33 am

View Original PostMugwumpHasNoLiver wrote:How many Kurosawa films do you want to associated with!? When Ran eventually comes back, you should just glomp him, and consume most of his vital organs in a fruitless attempt to add his namesake to your repertoire.

Then you can sit on a throne of blood, pet a stray dog, sing a rhapsody in August, chug wine until you're a drunken angel, and recall how you didn't regret that one time in your youth when you treaded on a tiger's tail one wonderful Sunday, and had to live in fear of seven samurai, who searched for you high and low, while you hid in the lower depths of the hidden fortress and has a bad sleep in a well, because you're the most beautiful idiot, and you need a clone named Sanjuro.
Cool idea, bro. I think I'll do this. :)
Cinelogue & Forced Perspective Cinema
^ Writing as Jonathan Henderson ^
We're all adrift on the stormy seas of Evangelion, desperately trying to gather what flotsam can be snatched from the gale into a somewhat seaworthy interpretation so that we can at last reach the shores of reason and respite. - ObsessiveMathsFreak
Jimbo has posted enough to be considered greater than or equal to everyone, and or synonymous with the concept of 'everyone'. - Muggy
I've seen so many changeful years, / to Earth I am a stranger grown: / I wander in the ways of men, / alike unknowing and unknown: / Unheard, unpitied, unrelieved, / I bear alone my load of care; / For silent, low, on beds of dust, / Lie all that would my sorrows share. - Robert Burns' Lament for James

MugwumpHasNoLiver
Erotic Humiliation
Erotic Humiliation

Postby MugwumpHasNoLiver » Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:42 am

View Original PostEva Yojimbo wrote:Cool idea, bro. I think I'll do this. :)

I was only kidding! I want to be the one to eat Ran's vital organs.
"Now, from Nature we obtain abundant information about ourselves, and precious little about others. About the woman you clasp in your arms, can you say with certainty that she does not feign pleasure? About the woman you mistreat, are you quite sure that from abuse she does not derive some obscure and lascivious satisfaction? Let us confine ourselves to simple evidence: through thoughtfulness, gentleness, concern for the feelings of others we saddle our own pleasure with restrictions, and make this sacrifice to obtain a doubtful result." -The Divine Marquis

"I agree Hans, but we have talked about those anal fisting analogies." -Werner Herzog

Eva Yojimbo
Redbeard
Redbeard

Postby Eva Yojimbo » Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:33 am

View Original PostMugwumpHasNoLiver wrote:I was only kidding!
Too late! The seeds of devastation have been planted!
We're all adrift on the stormy seas of Evangelion, desperately trying to gather what flotsam can be snatched from the gale into a somewhat seaworthy interpretation so that we can at last reach the shores of reason and respite. - ObsessiveMathsFreak
Jimbo has posted enough to be considered greater than or equal to everyone, and or synonymous with the concept of 'everyone'. - Muggy
I've seen so many changeful years, / to Earth I am a stranger grown: / I wander in the ways of men, / alike unknowing and unknown: / Unheard, unpitied, unrelieved, / I bear alone my load of care; / For silent, low, on beds of dust, / Lie all that would my sorrows share. - Robert Burns' Lament for James

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:20 am

I think I changed Jimbo's title at least a couple months back. The "Scribe" custom title didn't seem to have much point anymore, if it ever really did, so I took it off whoever still had it... but Jimbo and I go back far enough that I figured I could leave him with a little something, all the same. Since I'm incredibly uncultured, I didn't know about the Kurosawa film -- interesting coincidence.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:49 am

View Original PostReichu wrote:The "Scribe" custom title didn't seem to have much point anymore, if it ever really did, so I took it off whoever still had it...

Logan was recently wondering what happened with that. :lol: Thanks for clarifying!

So, I changed my location because there's a great NGE line that also with my lack of job situation. Whee~
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Dirty Mick
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

Postby Dirty Mick » Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:18 pm

I had a dream I was Kohaku. I ended up drugging and convincing some guy to peel off his face with a pear knife, just like Hannibal. *in a high-pitched girly voice* "Now THAT'S entertainment!"

So yeah, now my avatar is Kohaku. >__>

Eva Yojimbo
Redbeard
Redbeard

Postby Eva Yojimbo » Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:51 am

View Original PostReichu wrote:Jimbo and I go back far enough that I figured I could leave him with a little something, all the same.
Well, I quite like it. I'm not sure it captures me in all my glorious essence but, then again, you might make the rest of the forum jealous if you did that. ;)

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:07 am

View Original PostEva Yojimbo wrote:Well, I quite like it. I'm not sure it captures me in all my glorious essence but, then again, you might make the rest of the forum jealous if you did that. ;)

Ohhhhhhh, I wouldn't be so sure. :devil:
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Eva Yojimbo
Redbeard
Redbeard

Postby Eva Yojimbo » Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:29 am

View Original PostReichu wrote:Ohhhhhhh, I wouldn't be so sure. :devil:
Dost thou dare challenge the awesomeness of my glorious essence? :bigguns: <- You don't want to know what I'll do with those if you keep it up.

Tokpile Quohog
Marquis Tokpile de Boîtes
Marquis Tokpile de Boîtes

Postby Tokpile Quohog » Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:11 pm

What happens in irc

goes into my sig.
TheEvaMonkey: I HATE BEING A FAT CHICK

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:14 pm

:lol: Awesome, Tok.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

juaxoo
Sachiel
Sachiel

Postby juaxoo » Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:57 am

sorry but panty is taken by me :3

toe mash
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby toe mash » Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:04 am

View Original Postjuaxoo wrote:sorry but panty is taken by me :3

Well I'm sorry but I think Panty has been "taken" by everyone, if you know what I mean :naughty:

Eva Yojimbo
Redbeard
Redbeard

Postby Eva Yojimbo » Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:32 am

Finally replaced my Winnie the Pooh quote with a stanza from Robert Burns' Lament for James. Most of the poem is rather cliched and histrionic, but that part may be the best thing the Scottish Bard ever put to verse.

It's original form is this:

I've seen sae monie changefu' years,
On earth I am a stranger grown:
I wander in the ways of men,
Alike unknowing and unknown:
Unheard, unpitied, unreliev'd,
I bear alane my lade o' care;
For silent, low, on beds of dust,
Lie a' that would my sorrows share.

Omegagouki
Shikigami of the Castle
Shikigami of the Castle

Postby Omegagouki » Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:25 pm

Av - Touhou's Marisa Kirisame's design in the latest game in the series, Ten Desires.
Sig - Homestuck references and WINNING!
PSN/Steam: Zentillion | Tum8lr
8luh 8luh
Sill (and always) promoting Homestuck

Twin Drive Sigma Aquarion
Banned

Postby Twin Drive Sigma Aquarion » Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:04 pm

New sig, join the Knights of Obsidius today! Save some minority fictional creations so irrational logic can be revoked!
So depressed am I
Missing you I do TK
Gone from paradise

Defectron
Tentacle Girl
Tentacle Girl

Postby Defectron » Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:42 am

A secret society eh? I dont know anything about obsidius, but if this secret society has complicated symbolism and giant black monoliths and stuff I'm in.
Parasite Galaxy: An experimental webcomic

http://www.parasitegalaxy.com/ Updates Monday and Thursday. Vote for me on top webcomics

If you want to support this comic buy something from me on amazon

Xard
Banned

Postby Xard » Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:08 pm

Ranka from the mindblowing Sayonara no Tsubasa. Considering the bittersweet note Macross ended with this screencap suits the film (and my reaction) better than ultragenki mahou shoujo

[URL=http://img859.imageshack.us/i/rankaleefilm.jpg/]Image[/URL]

original frame

Return to “Old Stickies”