Rebuild shipping goes here.

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
The Invincible Shinji
Israfel
Israfel

•      
  •      

Postby The Invincible Shinji » Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:45 am

Anno are you that starved for ideas that you rip-off a finfic? Shame. :facepalm:
Last edited by The Invincible Shinji on Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'm an A/S shipper and Soryu and Shikinami are one in the same.

chee
EGF Hate Machine
EGF Hate Machine

•      
  •      

Postby chee » Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:47 am

The Goose wrote:I think we should wait until all the films are done before we jump to conclusions on whats gonna happen between Shinji, Rei, Asuka, or whoever and how they connect to each other.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:47 am

CaptainMorgan: Fuck yeah!! :grin: :smirk:
Instead of Shinji/Kaworu or whatever else, a Shinji/Kaji end would be hiIarously awesome. CUT TO Kaji OFFERING Shinji TO DO THE REST AS Misato SOBS!
Last edited by Sailor Star Dust on Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

The Invincible Shinji
Israfel
Israfel

•      
  •      

Postby The Invincible Shinji » Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:47 am

I agree at the very least we should wait for Ornette.
Last edited by The Invincible Shinji on Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

master_lloyd
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby master_lloyd » Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:47 am

chee wrote:
The Goose wrote:I think we should wait until all the films are done before we jump to conclusions on whats gonna happen between Shinji, Rei, Asuka, or whoever and how they connect to each other.

GTFO of the shipping thread.
Neon Genesis Evangelion (from the Greek Ευανγελιον, meaning "Gigantic robots piloted by mentally ill children")
Eva Facts:
-Gendo's final silenced line to Ritsuko was "I'm going to shoot you now."
-Nagisa Kaworu kills a kitten every time you masturbate.
-Kaji's first and last name was Kaji

LiLi
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Re: WTF IS THIS I DON'T EVEN-

•      
  •      

Postby LiLi » Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:49 am

Sailor Star Dust wrote:Fuck yeah!! :grin: :smirk: Still instead of Shinji/Kaworu or whatever else, a Shinji/Kaji end would be hiIarously awesome. CUT TO Kaji OFFERING Shinji TO DO THE REST AS Misato SOBS!

I DEMAND THAT ENDING GETS INCLUDED AS A DVD BONUS :woohoo:
"People need more stfu in their diets." (NemZ)
"It was brainf@rt at first sight." [LiLi on Romance, II]

AVATAR - CUPCAKE CAT, SHOPPED BY NemZ

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:50 am

The Invincible Shinji wrote:Anno are you that starved for ideas that you rip-off a finfic? Shame. :facepalm:
Didn't the 1.0 next episode preview give that particular game away already?
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

JimmyWolk
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby JimmyWolk » Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:52 am

Fazmotron wrote:Oh no, I just had a horrible though.

Asuka with no eye, and S/A doujinshi writers.

Get ready for some really weird Eva hentai.
Like it wouldn't exist already *shudder*

Get ready for the inevitable new "ZOMG I can't believe it's a plugsuit" doujins though. It'd be a miracle if such blatant fanservice would not get used a dozen of times over and over again.

BattleMonkey
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby BattleMonkey » Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:52 am

So Asuka is obviously interested in Shinji this time around? Well shes going to get left out in the cold I guess this time around.

Either way like the idea of Asuka with eye patch and new plug suit. Kick ass action figure time :D

The Invincible Shinji
Israfel
Israfel

•      
  •      

Postby The Invincible Shinji » Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:58 am

Nothing's confirmed yet on the shipping aspect of Rebuild.
Mr.Tines wrote: Didn't the 1.0 next episode preview give that particular game away already?
Not to me though Rebuild is beginning to smell like a fanfic.

Timstuff
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Timstuff » Sat Jun 27, 2009 11:13 am

Asuka w/ one eye makes me sad. :(

It is possible that she has to wear the patch for correctional purposes though, rather than actually missing an eye. A lot of people have to use one in order to strengthen an eye that's been weakened, or to protect an eye that's been wounded and needs to heal (for a longer time period than a simple bandage would be good for).

I don't want them doing a FMA or BSG where they pop her eye out just 'cause though... That would seriously annoy me.
Last edited by Timstuff on Sat Jun 27, 2009 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
DeviantArt profile being re-invented... Check back later.

JimmyWolk
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby JimmyWolk » Sat Jun 27, 2009 11:34 am

Timstuff wrote:Asuka w/ one eye makes me sad. :(

It is possible that she has to wear the patch for correctional purposes though, rather than actually missing an eye. A lot of people have to use one in order to strengthen an eye that's been weakened, or to protect an eye that's been wounded and needs to heal (for a longer time period than a simple bandage would be good for).

I don't want them doing a FMA or BSG where they pop her eye out just 'cause though... That would seriously annoy me.
Well, better just one eye than dead for good. And with it being the left eye it leaves open the possibility of "ZOMG it's the original Asuka Soryu! (Whoo sequel!)"

the_seventh_child
radio gaga
radio gaga

•      
  •      

Postby the_seventh_child » Sat Jun 27, 2009 11:49 am

So, in a nutshell /keeping it under spoilers just in case

SPOILER: Show
Asuka is being typical tsundere over Shinji in 02? For that change to happen, Anno must have had something in mind. He wants a point to come across. 8D

p.s why am i not surprised some things, never change around this section? i mean, i would expect exactly a thread like this, and i am not surprised at all that sailor opened it, haha.
Anime and manga unite us all. Much better than the Olympics. - Carl Horn |11.30.2004.
"As of this moment, we are changing from soldiers to pirates!" - Captain Jeffrey Wilder (Macross Frontier #22)

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sat Jun 27, 2009 11:56 am

hehehehe. Actually it was a split from another thread, but yeah. :sweatdrop:

But I think that Anno DOES have SOMETHING up his sleeve for their relationship, who knows what, at this point.

Captain_Morgan
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Captain_Morgan » Sat Jun 27, 2009 11:58 am

JimmyWolk wrote:]Well, better just one eye than dead for good. And with it being the left eye it leaves open the possibility of "ZOMG it's the original Asuka Soryu! (Whoo sequel!)"

So...Soryu is Bardiel and manages to contaminate Shikinami's mind?

I mean, the eye thing is an obvious thrown back to EoE, but how exactly would Shikinami suddenly turn into Soryu?

Maybe when she's all zombied up during the Bardiel fight, she's being shown what happened in the series and EoE...now that'd be a mindfuck. If that were the case, I can see her being a whole lot less tsundere with Shinji, and more bitter towards him in the next two movies.

Eh, right now it's all speculation.

the_seventh_child
radio gaga
radio gaga

•      
  •      

Postby the_seventh_child » Sat Jun 27, 2009 11:59 am

Sailor Star Dust wrote:hehehehe. Actually it was a split from another thread, but yeah. :sweatdrop:

But I think that Anno DOES have SOMETHING up his sleeve for their relationship, who knows what, at this point.

Ah, yeah, the usual shipping spam spilled into the generic thread i suppose? 8D //again, not surprised either. 8D

Well, since there were alterations in A/S scenes too, especially showing the Asuka >>> Shinji, i guess a few loose ends, shall get tied in the next movie.
Anime and manga unite us all. Much better than the Olympics. - Carl Horn |11.30.2004.
"As of this moment, we are changing from soldiers to pirates!" - Captain Jeffrey Wilder (Macross Frontier #22)

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:01 pm

Captain_Morgan: For what it's worth, I remember reading on 2ch last night that "With Asuka's eyepatch that is reminiscent of EoE, Asuka Shikinami has died after the Bardiel battle". I took that as meaning symbolic death, that they'll be a personality change, and maybe she'll be bitter EoE-style in 3.0 and 4.0. Maybe even yandere? @_@ Yikes!

And what the hell, I'll change this topic to say stuff about spoilers.

EDIT: And Ornette confirmed for me in the other thread that there is NO Asuka/Shinji kiss scene. Not even a Misato/Kaji one, it seems like.

Rommel
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Rommel » Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:07 pm

I've stayed clear of most of the Rebuild stuff so far, but I can't help myself at this point. I have to say this eye patch thing really has me down. I don't really know why. I hope it's temporary. Please, let it be temporary.

JimmyWolk
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby JimmyWolk » Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:07 pm

Captain_Morgan wrote:
JimmyWolk wrote:]Well, better just one eye than dead for good. And with it being the left eye it leaves open the possibility of "ZOMG it's the original Asuka Soryu! (Whoo sequel!)"

So...Soryu is Bardiel and manages to contaminate Shikinami's mind?

I mean, the eye thing is an obvious thrown back to EoE, but how exactly would Shikinami suddenly turn into Soryu?

Maybe when she's all zombied up during the Bardiel fight, she's being shown what happened in the series and EoE...now that'd be a mindfuck. If that were the case, I can see her being a whole lot less tsundere with Shinji, and more bitter towards him in the next two movies.

Eh, right now it's all speculation.
No, no, it's the real one! In the flesh! There'll be two Asukas! Time traveled! Dimension jumped! Whatever!

Or it's gonna be a flashback to the Post-TI times, as told/remembered by daughter/descended Mari*. Either way, SEQUAL!!

...Or not.

*On a serious note, we still didn't really get any background for her, did we?

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:10 pm

Rei's severed arm end (you heard it here first).

Unless they totally pull a TTGL and we have a hobo end.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”