Official Pokémon Thread

Discussions about non-Evangelion related video games, board games, card games and gaming in general.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

WonderBug
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby WonderBug » Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:25 pm

It's completely illogical.

But I want it.

Guyver Spawn
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Guyver Spawn » Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:25 am

http://www.pokemon.co.jp/bw/index.html

Pokemon Black and White have been announced. Yes this is the 5th gen of Pokemon. We are going to have like 100 or something more Pokemon.
Xbox live gamertag: Guyver Spawn 27
PSN: Hellspawn28

Halicat
Bardiel
Bardiel

•      
  •      

Postby Halicat » Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:20 am

Oh wow, even MORE Pokemon!? I haven't even really gotten accquainted with any of the current ones past 250 D: I'm hoping to do so though, since I got SoulSilver and have been enjoying it immensely. I really love how you can have whatever Pokemon follow you about and talk to you, so cute :3 I've just beaten Whitney the third Gym leader.

BTW has anyone played the Pokemon mystery Dungeon games? I think I might get one of them.

Tsachoul
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Tsachoul » Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:57 am

And apparently not for the 3DS. Curious. One wonders what sort of graphics improvements are possible (though of course the 4th gen engine was pretty inefficient...). And new Pokemon.

I like it when you get a really massive legendary Pokemon to follow you - they can only appear outside. But Sentret following made me Daawww.
"We rode on the winds of the rising storm,
We ran to the sounds of thunder.
We danced among the lightning bolts,
And tore the world assunder."

Guyver Spawn
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Guyver Spawn » Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:34 pm

I think they need to work on new gameplay ideas before making a big shit load of new Pokemon. I find it odd that we have both gen 4 & 5 on the DS.

WonderBug
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby WonderBug » Wed May 12, 2010 3:31 pm

[url]http://www.joystiq.com/2010/05/12/pokemon-black-and-white-starters-revealed-in-full-color/[/url]

I absolutely love the girl trainer; the design is hilarious! The boy's really boring though. It'll probably be the first time I play as the girl trainer.

And count me as one of the few that likes the starters. Of course I also think the 4th gen was the best, so I'm already a pokepariah.

Guyver Spawn
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Guyver Spawn » Wed May 12, 2010 7:07 pm

The Lizard starter looks cool but I wish they did something more original with it.

Xeroko
Forum Maid
Forum Maid

•      
  •      

Postby Xeroko » Wed May 12, 2010 7:20 pm

The fire one is pretty cute, and I always pick the fire starter every new generation, so I'm a happy camper, also the female trainer (and the male too) are really awesome looking.
Clocks and Maids
Don't believe in yourself, believe in the maid who believes in you! <3
The Ewan McGregor and Jaime Lannister Fangirl of EGF
My cakes will pierce the heavens!
Maidly Quote: "I'll punish you in high heels!"

[url]http://i603.photobucket.com/albums/tt111/Xero103/1297051910683.jpg[/url]
~=Gothic Lolita=~
EGF's Herald of Slaanesh

WonderBug
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby WonderBug » Wed May 12, 2010 8:52 pm

View Original PostGuyver Spawn wrote:The Lizard starter looks cool but I wish they did something more original with it.

It reminds me a lot of Gen III's grass starter. :/

I always pick water starters. Not consciously, I just always end up thinking it's the cutest. It's kind of an...ugly cute this time, but it's cute nonetheless!

Mariruri
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Mariruri » Wed May 12, 2010 9:57 pm

I play the DPP and HGSS. I also play competitively.

I'm not a fan of the otter (Water) type starter of the Gen. 5 but I'm sure it's a beast.

Shogo-Kun
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Shogo-Kun » Thu May 13, 2010 11:35 am

I can only pray to God that the anime will chose the boy trainer for their adaptation of Black/White. the girl looks too sexy for anything Pokemon.[/img]
NGE was a damned good anime
EoE was an anime masterpiece
And Rebuild is nothing short of epic
Long live the EVAs!!

AVATAR Oreo Nakamura, Light and Dark

WonderBug
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby WonderBug » Thu May 13, 2010 11:43 am

Oh totally. I mean look at how much arm she's showing. Shameful!

These kids look like they're living in entirely different seasons.

Guyver Spawn
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Guyver Spawn » Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:56 pm

Looks like all of the 5th gen Pokemon have been uploaded on Pokebeach. Some of them look okay, but I do like Bagoora, and Ononokusu though.

http://pokebeach.com/news/0910/black-white/new-pokemon/list.html

Killer Bee
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

I want it NOW, DAMMIT!

•      
  •      

Postby Killer Bee » Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:04 pm

I think the sprites look terrible, but I'm sure they'll look better animated. I want to tear my eyes out at Hiyakku's design, though. There's just something so... wrong about it.

Hopefully my copy will ship soon. Play-Asia says they're going to run an extra shift on Saturday but some orders might not get shipped until next week. I only pre-ordered a little over a week ago... God, I'm so hyped for this stupid game.

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:33 pm

None of them seem very memorable. Then again, Pokemon hasn't produced anything memorable for a while, so I forgive them.
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

MugwumpHasNoLiver
Erotic Humiliation
Erotic Humiliation

•      
  •      

Postby MugwumpHasNoLiver » Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:38 pm

I'm not really digging any of the starters. Not that it matters much, seeing as I haven't played a Pokemon game since Ruby and have no intention to pick one up ever again. In particular, the new grass starter just looks like a gayer version of Treecko.
"Now, from Nature we obtain abundant information about ourselves, and precious little about others. About the woman you clasp in your arms, can you say with certainty that she does not feign pleasure? About the woman you mistreat, are you quite sure that from abuse she does not derive some obscure and lascivious satisfaction? Let us confine ourselves to simple evidence: through thoughtfulness, gentleness, concern for the feelings of others we saddle our own pleasure with restrictions, and make this sacrifice to obtain a doubtful result." -The Divine Marquis

"I agree Hans, but we have talked about those anal fisting analogies." -Werner Herzog

EvangelionFan
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby EvangelionFan » Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:24 pm

Pokebeach's ripped sprites aren't the best quality, but it's helpful in giving you an idea of what to expect. For example I was anticipating a Dark/Fighting type... but I wasn't anticipating them (#65-66) to look so dumb.

On a more positive side though I like the look of the Grass and Water starter lines plus #54-55, #83-85, #94-95, #98-99 (Water/Ghost type should be interesting), #103-104 (Grass/Steel!), #113-115 (Ghost/Fire... heartless much?), #119-120 (ice bear!), #130-131 (Dark/Steel!), #142-143, #144-146 (Legendary trio of fighting types!) #152 (Dragon/Ice).

All in all fairly good with some surprises and some anticipated type combinations. If I get Black/White I'll probably trade over a Dragonite or something to mix things up a little.
Voluntary Illusion.

TehDonutKing
Camel Dilettante
Camel Dilettante

•      
  •      

Postby TehDonutKing » Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:22 pm

I've played Red, Blue, Yellow, Silver, Crystal, Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, FireRed, LeafGreen, Pearl, and Platinum. Crystal is my favourite, though.

I'll also break my tradition of getting a Fire type with a female character.
I'm getting Smugleaf.
/hj

I said and did some dumb and hurtful things in my time here when i was younger. If i ever hurt you, i'm sorry. If you see any of this while reading old threads, i'm learning and trying to improve. Donut redemption arc in progress.

Killer Bee
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

You guys suck I hate you all.

•      
  •      

Postby Killer Bee » Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:13 pm

View Original PostMugwumpHasNoLiver wrote:I haven't played a Pokemon game since Ruby and have no intention to pick one up ever again.

View Original PostSachi wrote:Pokemon hasn't produced anything memorable for a while, so I forgive them.

MugwumpHasNoLiver
Erotic Humiliation
Erotic Humiliation

Re: You guys suck I hate you all.

•      
  •      

Postby MugwumpHasNoLiver » Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:05 pm

What? I'm not allowed to be mostly disinterested in something? That shit's too damn addicting and I have more important things to waste my time on.
"Now, from Nature we obtain abundant information about ourselves, and precious little about others. About the woman you clasp in your arms, can you say with certainty that she does not feign pleasure? About the woman you mistreat, are you quite sure that from abuse she does not derive some obscure and lascivious satisfaction? Let us confine ourselves to simple evidence: through thoughtfulness, gentleness, concern for the feelings of others we saddle our own pleasure with restrictions, and make this sacrifice to obtain a doubtful result." -The Divine Marquis

"I agree Hans, but we have talked about those anal fisting analogies." -Werner Herzog

Return to “Video Games and Gaming”