Eva Action Figures [2]

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby SEELE-01 » Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:47 pm

Congrats!

Now, week post...
Slowly reaching the end...
Visit my Eva-figures Youtube channel!

bladerj
Lilin
Lilin

Postby bladerj » Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:47 pm

That's a really nice red, if only the head sculp werent so bad, and the hands so big, i would get the revoltechs.
ANATA BAKA !?

shaneva002
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

Postby shaneva002 » Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:10 pm

Ya the shiney paints awesome but sadly after messin with it and on closer inspection this release has the slopiest paint app outta all of the previous ones lol Its not real bad but its the worst out of all my evos.......
Internet elitists suck,ya you know who you are.

Gojimatt
Lilith

Postby Gojimatt » Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:43 am

My Riobot Eva unit 01 arrived last week and it's a strange contradiction of a figure. The finish is very high and the sculpt very clean but it's kind of 'off model'. The paint application is better than the damashii Eva's (and the revoltech) and I think the colour is truer too but the articulation is very limited, the legs are pretty good and much closer to the body than the rd's but the method of attatching the shouler pylons to the arms is flawed and waist articulation is almost non existant. He has a limited range of expression, in some ways better than the revoltech and in others worse and doesn't even get close to the rd's.

I really don't know how to judge it, if it had been totally screen accurate then I wouldn't be so annoyed by it's lack of articulation but that isn't the case, it really does look more like the NGE unit 01, weird. It comes in a funy box and the base is good plus it comes with a lance (which I think I might give to my rd unit 00) but it has one major flaw.

The method of swaping the hands is a nightmare. The ball joint is molded as part of the hand but the plastic is quite soft so as soon as you pull on the hand to remove it from the end of the arm it puts a lot of strain on the ball joint, and I nearly broke one of the hands trying to get it out as soon as I got the thing out of the box, not good. Needless to say the pair of hands I have in at he moment will likely remain in for good so I don't risk breaking any other hands. This is a real let down, especially for such an expensive figure.

So there you go, if you've got the rd don't bother with this guy. His finish may be a little higher but the rd is still the best all rounder in my opinion. Don't get me wrong I like the figure but it's not worth the price, which is the conclusion I think most of you have already come to. Oh well, it was worth a punt. Can't see Riobot doing any more Eva's at this rate but you never know, their sculpts would have to be a whole lot more accurate and they'd have to change the hand swapping method to get me to buy another.

Sorry for the long post. Peace!
'Do not try to escape earthlings or you'll force us to kill you!'

macrochaos
Lilith

Postby macrochaos » Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:45 pm

^
Thanks for the useful review

shaneva002
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

Postby shaneva002 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:52 pm

Ya thats seems pretty spot on from other people said too.I think the main reason for the fail was not letting Chemical Attack do the unit 01.I mean such a popular big mech should've went to a sub division thats already proved themselves.

insomniac
Shamshel
Shamshel

Postby insomniac » Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:58 pm

Great review Gojimatt! I'm glad I gave it then pass then.

Nothing more frustrating than paying heaps for a figure that looks decent, only to find that it's designed poorly with material that breaks easily. (*cough* Medicom)

Gojimatt
Lilith

Postby Gojimatt » Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:34 am

Cheers for the kudos, I'm still smarting over how much this thing cost, Grrrr!
'Do not try to escape earthlings or you'll force us to kill you!'

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby SEELE-01 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:59 am

Why am I not surprised...?

Archaiel
Lilith

Postby Archaiel » Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:34 pm

So I received my Revo Eva Evo 04.......

F
U
C
K

2 left shoulder pylons!?! You f***in kidding me!? Ami Ami better be able to send me the correct piece... >:[
Avatar: Eva Unit 6.66 LCFL (My original design)

Participated in:
2011 - LDC & EvADC

Current Eva Projects:
-Tweaking Eva 6.66
-Weaving a Continuity

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby SEELE-01 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:40 pm

View Original PostArchaiel wrote:2 left shoulder pylons!?! You f***in kidding me!? Ami Ami better be able to send me the correct piece... >:[

Er.. How exactly does EvaEvo 04 comes packaged that that was possible?

Archaiel
Lilith

Postby Archaiel » Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:22 pm

View Original Postarael wrote:Er.. How exactly does EvaEvo 04 comes packaged that that was possible?

Your guess is as good as mine. I assume it was just a small mistake when assembled but how it went unnoticed.... I don't know. I won't be angry if I get the right pylon sent to me. It shouldn't be hard to get one painted and mailed to me however it may not work that way. Another possibility would be for me to buy another unit 00, 02, or 03 and paint the pylon but then the paints wont match. :/

Participated in:
2011 - LDC & EvADC

Current Eva Projects:
-Tweaking Eva 6.66
-Weaving a Continuity

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby SEELE-01 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:49 pm

View Original PostArchaiel wrote:Your guess is as good as mine. I assume it was just a small mistake when assembled but how it went unnoticed.... I don't know. I won't be angry if I get the right pylon sent to me. It shouldn't be hard to get one painted and mailed to me however it may not work that way. Another possibility would be for me to buy another unit 00, 02, or 03 and paint the pylon but then the paints wont match. :/

You mean that the pylons were on the Eva in the package!?
They're not like in Eva 03 or 02 (in other place 'cuz the pegs are holding something else)...
Damm... Good luck with that... With all that fuzz of it being a LE...

See... Repaints are good!

shaneva002
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

Postby shaneva002 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:18 am

Well unit 04 didn't come with anything extra that would attach to its shoulders(extra arms,flight pylons),it came packaged like the others.Basically it was packaged like the Mk 06 with the Lance in front of it.
But ya I'd email amiami about it,I've heard and read posts of them sending replacement parts IF they have them.This being a EX they might not.
Now to go make sure mine didn't come with two lefties too.....

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby SEELE-01 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:17 am

The lance comes assembled?
That's rather dangerous, what if it bends or something...
Is it made of the same material than last time?

shaneva002
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

Postby shaneva002 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:55 pm

Ya it comes assembeled(it can split apart aswell)but its packaged good so it won't bend.

insomniac
Shamshel
Shamshel

Postby insomniac » Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:35 am

View Original PostArchaiel wrote:So I received my Revo Eva Evo 04.......

F
U
C
K

2 left shoulder pylons!?! You f***in kidding me!? Ami Ami better be able to send me the correct piece... >:[

Hopefully you'll manage to get replacement parts from Kaiyodo through amiami, it's a pretty common fault on Kaiyodo's part. I know HLJ does. I received a MP Eva with two left arms from way back, and they sent me the whole torso along with the arms.

Archaiel
Lilith

Postby Archaiel » Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:51 pm

I have sent an email to amiami with photos, a description of the situation, order number, tracking number, my name, and suggestions on how to solve the problem. Basically everything they could possibly need. My suggestions included: sending a painted right pylon, or an un painted pylon (or unit 00/02/03 pylon) with advice on the proper paints to use. All in all I think this was handled pretty well. Now to wait for a response :/

Until then 04 shall be displayed pylon-less or with 02/03 pylons (those are pretty close)

Participated in:
2011 - LDC & EvADC

Current Eva Projects:
-Tweaking Eva 6.66
-Weaving a Continuity

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby SEELE-01 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:13 pm

^
How about a mutant Eva 04 with Bardiel's arms? :naughty:

Eva 03 han be with his pylons...

Archaiel
Lilith

Postby Archaiel » Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:05 pm

*sigh*

AmiAmi cannot supply me with a replacement.... now I am pissed.

Participated in:
2011 - LDC & EvADC

Current Eva Projects:
-Tweaking Eva 6.66
-Weaving a Continuity

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”