Shinji and his fans...or lack thereof

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:22 pm

View Original PostBagheera wrote:I see a huge difference, as they're different continuities. It's like acting as though the manga and the anime are the same thing. I actually think it's much more plausible in a NME context (though it might be unrequited on Kaworu's part, as Shinji seems to be awfully preoccupied with Rei at the moment).

The last part is actually my preoccupation, since I also ship S/R, but you've just said yourself that it's plausible, so I don't understand why you were denying references to Kaworu in NME before.

View Original PostBagheera wrote:How is that any different from what you're doing to me? I don't see much of a live and let live attitude on your end of things.

You've said:
View Original PostBagheera wrote:No sequel theories, thank you very much.

I've said:
View Original PostHyper Shinchan wrote:You're talking about a miracle now, not even Misato could pull out a similar one.

Which isn't the same as denying your claim as UNCANONICAL or anything else, I've just expressed my strong doubts about your theory, especially since we know nothing about Asuka's state after Instrumentality, there are only speculations about it.
So let’s make a wish.
“Please let me redo again.”
No matter how many times

From the book “All About Nagisa Kaworu: A Child of Evangelion”.

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

Postby Bagheera » Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:35 pm

View Original PostHyper Shinchan wrote:The last part is actually my preoccupation, since I also ship S/R, but you've just said yourself that it's plausible, so I don't understand why you were denying references to Kaworu in NME before.

I wasn't. I have no interest in NME. I was talking specifically (and only) about NGE/EoE. Do note we're not in the Rebuild forum.

Which isn't the same as denying your claim as UNCANONICAL or anything else, I've just expressed my strong doubts about your theory, especially since we know nothing about Asuka's state after Instrumentality, there are only speculations about it.

What theory is this? What are you even talking about? I'm talking about ways to approach Shinji productively, and why Kaworu's approach, as seen in ep 24, is ultimately misleading at best and destructive at worst. One of the reasons I ship LAS is because it's one of the only plausible pairings at the end of EoE; everyone else is either spoken for, inappropriate for whatever reason, or permanently departed (the latter applying to both Rei and Kaworu, which is convenient since I ship the two of them as a couple as well). And by "permanently departed" I mean they've gone quantum and are doing whatever quantum SoL souls do, not that they're dead or something.

The Asuka approach isn't exactly sunshine and roses -- hell, it isn't even healthy, and that's even if Instrumentality has given them both enough of a push that they're even receptive to the idea -- but there's at least a sliver of hope there. I don't see anything to work with with Kaworu, at least in NGE, and I don't think it would ultimately work very well for Shinji anyway. He'd be a good doctor, and a better friend, but not a great romantic partner. He's just too well-adjusted for that. Which is ironic, since he's the avatar of an alien being and all, but go figure.

But, as I said, that's in NGE/EoE. When it comes to NME we'll just have to wait and see.
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:03 pm

Sorry, but this thread doesn't bear enough of a resemblance to the original topic -- nor does the discussion seem intrinsically productive enough (shipping wars, etc. etc.) -- for me to justify leaving it open.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:33 pm

THIS IS WHY WE CAN'T HAVE NICE THINGS. ;_;

Seriously, it's just common sense to create a new thread/bump an older one if a tangent will happen instead of carrying it on in the current thread. Shame this thread has been off the original topic for several pages anyway.

How many cries for "topic" has this thread been given already in the past 4-5 pages? Jeez.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”