EoE to be included?

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
ShoKenju
Sachiel
Sachiel

EoE to be included?

•      
  •      

Postby ShoKenju » Tue Jul 20, 2004 9:35 pm

i was wondering if anyone knew whether or not End of Evangelion is going to be included in the platinum edition
a man within the trap of one sided love is a man torn beyond his imagination.
-----------
Reason = Virtue = Happiness

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Tue Jul 20, 2004 9:44 pm

No. Death & Rebirth and The End of Evangelion will not be included in ADV's release of Platinum. Though these two movies are a part of Renewal of Evangelion from which Platinum edition is adapted.

ADV holds the rights to the series and the director's cuts, and Manga holds the rights to Death & Rebirth and The End of Evangelion. ADV and Manga are reputed to be bitter rivals, and would never collaborate to release the entirety of Renewal of Evangelion.

wildarmsheero
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby wildarmsheero » Tue Jul 20, 2004 9:45 pm

I really don't think so. I wish it was though... in anamorphic wide screen.

Edit: Eva Monkey wins
Comic | Art | Music | Blog | Anime | DVDs
The Galaxy Express 999 will take you on a journey, a never-ending journey. The Galaxy Express 999 will take you on a journey into the stars!

ShoKenju
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby ShoKenju » Tue Jul 20, 2004 9:48 pm

looks like ill be buying the olds ones tomorrow
-----------

Asterix
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Asterix » Wed Jul 21, 2004 6:08 pm

Well unless you have one sweet sound system (which I sure as heck don't), it'd not like the quality is horribly disgusting... I mean, I don't have much a problem at all with the current set of DVDs (audio wise, anyways... it'll be interesting to hear the sound on the platinum edition).
"why is it when an eva gets free will, the first thing it does is eat its own?"
"...tastes like chicken?"

ShoKenju
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby ShoKenju » Wed Jul 21, 2004 8:46 pm

well, i run most dvds from my comp, and i have headphones with an integrated sound card. im not to worried about audio >_>
-----------

Crazyman42
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Crazyman42 » Thu Jul 22, 2004 7:33 pm

I wouldn't be surprised if later after the "platinium editions" come out they shall come out with EOE and Death and Rebirth

Maverick
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Maverick » Fri Jul 23, 2004 9:36 pm

Neither would I...
ADV seems to follow Gainax "cash cow" process ;)
Boo!

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Fri Jul 23, 2004 11:03 pm

Well, the only way that will happen is if Manga Entertainment loses the rights or sells out to its bitter rival ADV. I don't see that happening anytime soon.

Kiel
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby Kiel » Tue Aug 03, 2004 6:34 am

ADV and Manga entertainment

Can't we all just...get along?

I always assumed that ADV was big money (not to say manga isn't).
Would it be out of the question for them to say...buy the rights to the two movies?

Also, why was Manga chosen to distribute D/R and EoE? Just because they were films rather than a series?
The Amytiville Toaster

Makes Breakfast Spooky!

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Tue Aug 03, 2004 11:00 am

That is something shrouded in mystery. I've heard that after ADV's work on Eva and Nadia, Gainax wanted no involvement with ADV ever again. Thats obviously not true of these days, what with the Director's Cuts, Platinum, and Magical Shopping District Abenobashi.

There's some crazy rumors about this. But I think it looks like Gainax wanted to go with someone other than ADV, and Manga cut them a good deal. I'm not sure really, but that's one thing I do intend to research in greater detail when I have the means.

I wish it were as simple as ADV simply throwing a wad of cash at Manga for the movies, but I have a feeling that Manga will cling to that license no matter what happens.

Besides, as great as it would be to have the rest of the Eva series, ADV isn't desparate for money, and haven't the time to coerce another company to release one of its most valuable licenses.

One thing is for certain. This is the last time ADV will release Eva on DVD. The next time they re-release Eva, it will be when DVD has become obsolete.

Timesplitter 01
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby Timesplitter 01 » Tue Aug 03, 2004 10:28 pm

The Eva Monkey wrote:One thing is for certain. This is the last time ADV will release Eva on DVD. The next time they re-release Eva, it will be when DVD has become obsolete.

At least I have the Perfect Collection , its better than nothing . But I am hopping to get the Platnium series in about 4 years ( becasue I have just bought the Perfect Collection ) or maybe never ,it all depends. I will probably try and rent them first.
I have too much anime, yet it's not enough. Anime Addict, if it were a drug; I'd be dead.

houtaru
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby houtaru » Tue Aug 03, 2004 11:55 pm

Manga may re-release EOE after awhile. If there's money to be made they'll do their best to make it. But do we really need a re-release of EOE? The current DVD is pretty clear and is 5.1 surround.

Yeaaahhhhhhh! With this post i'm Gehirn Personnel!!!!!^_^

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Wed Aug 04, 2004 12:41 am

Manga was supposed to put out a box set with Death & Rebirth and The End of Evangelion. But after nearly two years, I think its safe to assume it isn't going to happen. Does Manga Entertainment even exist anymore? :roll:

Timesplitter 01
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby Timesplitter 01 » Wed Aug 04, 2004 1:29 am

Do u mean the Series and the movies , or just the movies collection?
I have too much anime, yet it's not enough. Anime Addict, if it were a drug; I'd be dead.

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Wed Aug 04, 2004 1:30 am

Manga was supposed to put out the two movies in a box together. It obviously fell through the floor.

Genocide
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Genocide » Wed Aug 04, 2004 1:42 am

I remember a pre-order page for it on Gamestop. I wonder what the box art would have looked like. The EoE and Death/Rebirth movie covers are beautiful.
"I wish everyone would just die."

wildarmsheero
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby wildarmsheero » Wed Aug 04, 2004 8:50 pm

I want them to be in anamorphic wide screen, damnit!
Comic | Art | Music | Blog | Anime | DVDs
The Galaxy Express 999 will take you on a journey, a never-ending journey. The Galaxy Express 999 will take you on a journey into the stars!

Timesplitter 01
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby Timesplitter 01 » Thu Aug 05, 2004 1:31 am

The Eva Monkey wrote:Manga was supposed to put out the two movies in a box together. It obviously fell through the floor.

No , it didnt . I have got it. :P :P

It called the Neon Genesis Evangelion Movie Collection

here is a pic

Image\

This box set consists of the following DVDs
Neon Genesis Evangelion: The End Of Evangelion , Neon Genesis Evangelion-Death & Rebirth, the masterful conclusions to the best selling series Neon Genesis Evangelion.

Looks like I am the only one here who has it :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :lol: :D

But seriously you could buy it over the internet . It would only cost you $30 US dollars plus shippage , if u are that desprete

houtaru
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby houtaru » Thu Aug 05, 2004 4:38 am

That's a nice set! Does it include anything that's not on the other DVDs if you buy them individually? Any extras or changes?

On my DVD the english producers changed some of the sound effects and the scene where Asuka says 'no'. In the original, 'no' just appears on the screen rather than her saying it. I didn't really like that they messed with the original. It would be nice to have an english version closer to the Japanese version.

And this may be a stupid question, but what is anamorhpic widescreen? Why is it better?

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”