FML general thread [7]

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

soul.assassin
Geezer of All Trades
Geezer of All Trades

Postby soul.assassin » Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:17 pm

View Original PostSquigsquasher wrote:So something has nomnomnommed nearly all the space on my 112 GB(!) SSD (seriously, there's like less than a gigabyte left on there). I'm trying to work out what it is but I can't find any obvious culprits. Although I keep on finding bits of old software that I long since uninstalled, like this shitty game and old antivirus sprawled all over my computer in totally random locations (and oddly enough, McAffee, despite the fact I have never installed McAffee willingly and always decline requests to install it with freeware). So I'm going to have to hunt around my C drive and get rid of as much shit as possible, and I have no way of quickly identifying the problem.

Deep joy.

Try Revo Uninstaller, followed by ccCleaner.

Squigsquasher
Banned

Postby Squigsquasher » Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:07 pm

Good news! Installed a little programme called WizTree that identifies what's using the most space on any given drive. Used it and found 3 culprits:

1: Every THQ game I had seems to have installed itself in a single huge folder on my C Drive. Just moved the folder to the D Drive.

2: A pair of crappy torrents I had (for the Borderlands games) which for some reason were saving content in local AppData (on the C Drive as it's main system drive). Turns out the torrents were broken anyway, so I deleted the fuckers.

3: For some reason, Google had made a folder somewhere hidden away amongst the Program Data directory, which included a 19 Gigabyte folder full of stuff from Google Chrome, presumably info it was tracking from me...despite me having uninstalled Chrome ages ago. Very suspicious. In any case, it's gone.

Thanks to my cleanup I went from having 800 MB of free space to 34 Gigabytes. So that's nice.

I will definitely install that RevoUninstall thing for future use though. I do have ccCleaner and I ought to use it.
Here lies Squigsquasher.
2013-2017.

Justacrazyguy
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

Postby Justacrazyguy » Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:23 pm

Pre-History: 8/20

Ancient Middle East: 8/20

8 out of freaking 20. You know, what really annoys me isn´t so much the actual grade I got, it´s the fact that these are classes I like. I learn tons of new things, the teachers are great... So I feel disappointed that my grades don´t match my love for these classes.

Nothing is set in stone and I have plenty of time to recover and get better numbers, but still...

FML
Nearly all teenage boys are dumbfucks-Xard

É altura de se tornarem pessoas interessantes.- My Classic Culture Teacher

MYANIMELIST-http://myanimelist.net/profile/Justacrazyguy

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:22 pm

I know the feeling. Do you have a good relationship with those teachers? Visiting them might prove helpful in improving your grades-- they can tell you exactly what you need to work on.

Justacrazyguy
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

Postby Justacrazyguy » Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:39 pm

View Original PostNuclear Lunchbox wrote:Visiting them

Not a bad solution. Although, trying to manage my free time to match their work hours would be a challenge! Still, I´m positive things will work out if I make an effort. I just need to avoid a situation like the one I had in highschool, where I just floated trough school, never really present. Kind of makes me surprised I even reached this university! -o-;
Nearly all teenage boys are dumbfucks-Xard

É altura de se tornarem pessoas interessantes.- My Classic Culture Teacher

MYANIMELIST-http://myanimelist.net/profile/Justacrazyguy

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

Postby Bagheera » Thu Nov 27, 2014 3:27 pm

View Original PostJustacrazyguy wrote:Not a bad solution. Although, trying to manage my free time to match their work hours would be a challenge! Still, I´m positive things will work out if I make an effort. I just need to avoid a situation like the one I had in highschool, where I just floated trough school, never really present. Kind of makes me surprised I even reached this university! -o-;

Totally worth it. If you love the material and can connect with the instructors it's very much in your interest to do so. Make the effort!
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

Rosenakahara
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby Rosenakahara » Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:53 pm

Been working on a college assignment for 2 weeks, finally finished it+handed it in today.........only to find out i handed it in 2 minutes after the deadline so if i failed i don't get a retry.
god-damn school system........
"She had better march back here and try again! I only send people off on my terms! ...Or in a casket."
I don't need a scabbard to sheathe my mind
What is going on is a concerted effort from anti-progressives to silence anyone who disagrees with them.-Bagheera 2016
The Twelve Kingdoms discussion thread

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

Postby Bagheera » Thu Nov 27, 2014 6:18 pm

Might work out if instructor is not a dick . . .
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

Rosenakahara
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby Rosenakahara » Thu Nov 27, 2014 6:26 pm

And i just found out another assignment was handed out when i was off sick last week, that deadline is tomorrow, what the fuck.
Im going to have to appeal for more time.
"She had better march back here and try again! I only send people off on my terms! ...Or in a casket."
I don't need a scabbard to sheathe my mind
What is going on is a concerted effort from anti-progressives to silence anyone who disagrees with them.-Bagheera 2016
The Twelve Kingdoms discussion thread

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

Postby Chuckman » Thu Nov 27, 2014 6:35 pm

I really should stop reading threads about relationships and such on reddit, especially when I'm already in a mood.
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

Guy Nacks
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby Guy Nacks » Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:38 pm

The only time I ever go on reddit are for AMAs of people that I'm interested in reading, am I really missing a lot by not frequenting it?
Among the people who use the Internet, many are obtuse. Because they are locked in their rooms, they hang on to that vision which is spreading across the world. But this does not go beyond mere ‘data’. Data without analysis [thinking], which makes you think that you know everything. This complacency is nothing but a trap. Moreover, the sense of values that counters this notion is paralyzed by it.

And so we arrive at demagogy. - Hideaki Anno, 1996

Xard
Banned

Postby Xard » Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:39 pm

View Original PostGuy Nacks wrote:The only time I ever go on reddit are for AMAs of people that I'm interested in reading, am I really missing a lot by not frequenting it?

No.

Fireball
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

Postby Fireball » Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:53 am

So I got a parking ticket....infront of my house where I've been living for 18 years now. There are no signs, I do not obstruct any traffic and everyone parks there for as long as I can remember. 3 other cars infront and behind me and I was the only one who got a ticket. I feel like someone is pulling my leg.

"I was born into the wrong time" - laughed the girl

「<ゝω・)\綺羅星☆!!/
[/size]

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

Postby Chuckman » Fri Nov 28, 2014 8:12 pm

The Freidman thread reminds me how rusty and out of touch I am with my own field of study and that makes me sad. I used to know stuff.
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

soul.assassin
Geezer of All Trades
Geezer of All Trades

Postby soul.assassin » Sat Nov 29, 2014 12:09 am

In-law was really a fucking monster.

Asked for password to sis' Dropbox account. I asked why, and he angrily refused to answer, insisting for the password. Knowing this fucking alpha-male asshole, and that I live everyday here as if I have a gun pointed to my head, and what he might do to my room and everything in it (or worse, I said before that he has two handguns, a knife and would break bones) if I didn't, I had to hand off the password over.

There was nothing I could do, but I felt as if I was violated.

Next thing he was hunched over the laptop, apparently trying to find anything incriminating as if he was expecting sis to be "two-timing" on him.

I wish this motherfucker die of a heart attack or a coronary. And if he tries to break into my PC I swear I am going to do worse on him no matter how big this bastard is.

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

Postby Ray » Sat Nov 29, 2014 12:24 am

Let me say. I can totally relate and empathize. The majority of my extended family isn't any better.

But don't wish death on anyone. I wish for their redemption, even if they are jackals in human skin.

Is there any legal action you can take? This has got to be violating a law of some sort.

soul.assassin
Geezer of All Trades
Geezer of All Trades

Postby soul.assassin » Sat Nov 29, 2014 1:27 am

It would be poetic justice if at least he crashes into something after getting drunk at some binge.

The words that any dictatorship tells you: "There's Nothing To Hide."

And it applies here, too.

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

Postby Chuckman » Sat Nov 29, 2014 1:48 am

View Original Postsoul.assassin wrote:I wish this motherfucker die of a heart attack or a coronary.

Can you get a lock of hair, some fingernails, perhaps some dead skin?
the prophecy is true

soul.assassin
Geezer of All Trades
Geezer of All Trades

Postby soul.assassin » Sat Nov 29, 2014 2:03 am

View Original PostChuckman wrote:Can you get a lock of hair, some fingernails, perhaps some dead skin?

I'll see what I could do. Mainly his problem is that he coughs, wheezes and has sleep apnea. How he smells he's like a walking phlegm factory.

BTW, one of the dorks lost her school project somewhere in the house; it was in a shopping bag and forgot it as they were bloody busy setting up the Christmas tree -- she's not exactly known for organizational skills -- so couldn't find that goddamn thing tonight. I felt like I want to yell at her for being so fucking dumb and busy yapping on Facebook (and I can't because these dorks are "golden").

backseatjesus
Pilot
Pilot

Postby backseatjesus » Sat Nov 29, 2014 9:23 pm

So, the girl I was seeing cheated on me with a friend that I've know for a long time who told me in the past that he wasn't interested in her in any way, when I was getting to know her. I fucking hate everything right now.

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”