FML General Thread [6]

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

Postby Chuckman » Tue May 13, 2014 4:59 pm

On the internet you can't just like something, you have to make everyone else like it, too.
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

Postby Bagheera » Tue May 13, 2014 5:13 pm

View Original PostChuckman wrote:Knowing that many of my problems are the direct result of poor self image only adds an extra layer of shit to be sad about.

Don't do that to yourself.
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

Postby Chuckman » Tue May 13, 2014 10:09 pm

I've felt pretty sad sacky the last few days. Skull splitting migraines or sinus headaches or whatever the fuck they are don't help. I was tempted to take one of the leftover percocets from my jaw surgery last night. I have a really high tolerance to pain (I once walked out of a movie theater and across about 50 yards of parking lot on a broken ankle) so that should tell you how bad they get.

My sinus problems are apparently related to catching a pop fly in the face when I was six. Bled like a stuck pig.
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

Postby Monk Ed » Tue May 13, 2014 10:53 pm

Why, Chuckman, could it be that you are in need of a septoplasty? That fixed my life-long sinus issues up quite well.
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

Postby Chuckman » Tue May 13, 2014 10:55 pm

Hmm. I do have a deviated septum, but every doctor I've seen about the headaches just told me to take Claritin.
the prophecy is true

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

Postby Monk Ed » Tue May 13, 2014 11:34 pm

I used to take Claritin too. Never seemed to do much.

You have a deviated septum that's bad enough to affect your life and nobody has suggested that you get surgery? I'm surprised by that.

It seriously made a huge difference for me. I didn't even realize how major of a difference it was until I thought back on it some time later, because the biggest impact is over the long-term. I used to get stuffy and runny noses all the time, so often I actually used to carry a package of tissues with me everywhere I went and keep a box within arm's length wherever I was at home, and since the surgery I've stopped both. I used to suffer just about every night with at least one completely blocked nostril, or two for a while after each time I rolled over in bed. In general, I spent a lot of my life unable or nearly unable to breathe through my nose.

And that's all gone now. It's not like I had these problems every minute of every day, but when I think back on when was the last time I had major nose trouble like that and the answer is some distant memory instead of "last night", I realize what a difference it has made.

Maybe I just had it worse than you have it, but if anything I'm describing sounds familiar...
Last edited by Monk Ed on Wed May 14, 2014 1:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

ChaddyManPrime
Angel
Angel

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Wed May 14, 2014 12:27 am

@ Chuckman
I hated my mid deviated septum surgeries, one involved scalpels and cutting a side of my nose, the other involved lasers directly up the nostrils, second one made me bleed like crazy, neither of them helped, just can't smell out as good out of my nose as I use too.

Squigsquasher
Banned

Postby Squigsquasher » Wed May 14, 2014 11:04 am

The £7.99 double ended 3mm jack cable I got from HMV has broken after just over a month. It doesn't show any outward signs of damage but it only plays through one side of my mobile headphones now unless I hold it in just the right position. Fixing the thing will be impossible and the warranty has probably expired by now, so I'm going to have to buy another one. Not sure whether to invest in the more expensive £20 cable or just get the same one as before- I don't know if the increase in price gets you a more durable cable. Obviously I still have my PC headset but that's USB and as such doesn't work with my PS Vita- and I'm definitely not bringing them into college.

Did I mention I fucking hate headphones and headphone cables? They're fucking overpriced and they break at the drop of a hat. The sooner we get wireless headphones the better.
Here lies Squigsquasher.
2013-2017.

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Wed May 14, 2014 11:20 am

View Original PostSquigsquasher wrote:The sooner we get wireless headphones the better.

You were saying?

Ænimal
Banned

Postby Ænimal » Wed May 14, 2014 1:42 pm

Woke up after 5 and a half hours of awesome sleep to not so awesome sinus congestion and shoulder pain; Doesn't make any sense, i only had 6 beers last night :\

C.A.P.
Wabbit Duelist
Wabbit Duelist

Postby C.A.P. » Wed May 14, 2014 6:08 pm

I think I'm at the lowest point of my life right now.
"Free-associative internet ravings know no proprietors."-Azathoth
"Cinema's value is that it is inhuman."-chee
"I only meant to stay a while."-ELO

ChaddyManPrime
Angel
Angel

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Wed May 14, 2014 6:26 pm

^
Do you mind going in further detail Good Sir? Or would you be uncomfortable doing that?

C.A.P.
Wabbit Duelist
Wabbit Duelist

Postby C.A.P. » Wed May 14, 2014 6:56 pm

Sure Chaddy. Sorry for the vagueness, I'm not one who posts in a thread like this. So if I get too vague, someone will have to push me to talk.

SPOILER: Show
It's just that, lately, I've been thinking about where I am in life again. Right now, what's bugging me lately is a few things...

1. Low Grades/GPA
2. No Sex
3. Stolen Card Number
4. Sibling Jealousy

Here I am, a guy in the prime of his life, and I'm sitting around and doing nothing about it. I've manged to do and done some things I've always wanted to do, but there's still so much to take care of. Yet, as I make these progressions (hang out with people, expand my educational horizons, experience life as a bachelor), I'm still not where I need to be. And this is something that I've dealt with for a long time; I've had this sorts of thoughts back in High School, I thought this way in Middle School, all the way back before my education started. Here I am, sitting down and writing about crap no one really cares about, and all around me, life goes on, and I have to sit down and deal that people with better circumstance and entitled attitudes are off having the time of their lives, while I sit here and read about crap about sexuality, race, etc. Sure, I have realized the morality of what it is to be human, but how on earth is that going to get me a job at Best Buy? Or for that matter, what on earth is it going to lead me to? I don't have a car, I don't have that many close real life friends, I'm starting to feel my morality, I might be fired from my job, etc.

With all of this in mind, I feel like I'm coming to realize that I'm a loser that refuses to believe "it", and while some people see me as a "fag", someone who's worthy to get his debit card pay stolen, and a person who's always seen as a "sir", I'm now at a point where I'm comforted with these issues, and I'll have to admit I have no answers.

I would go on, but I think the point has come across.

So...whatever. I'm more bitter/angry than I am depressed. Or maybe it's the other way around.

ChaddyManPrime
Angel
Angel

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Wed May 14, 2014 8:54 pm

@ C.A.P

Well Good Sir since you told me four problems let me ask four questions;

1) What's causing the low grades?
2) Why is sex important to you?
3) What kind of card are you talking about?
4) Why are you or they Jealous?

I think I'm going to stick with the Socratic method for this discussion Good Sir, it'll help me and hopefully, you, to understand why you think and feel the way you do, just ask questions till you can't think anymore.

1) Are you aware of how long it takes to achieve one's life goal?
2) Can you tell me when the worrying about what your life should be began?
3) Why are you comparing yourself to other people?

About this part >
Sure, I have realized the morality of what it is to be human, but how on earth is that going to get me a job at Best Buy? Or for that matter, what on earth is it going to lead me to? I don't have a car, I don't have that many close real life friends, I'm starting to feel my morality, I might be fired from my job, etc.

Are you talking about morals or are you trying to say mortal? We can begin this discussion as soon as I know.

1) Do you want to accept the belief that you are a loser?
2) Why do you care so much about what others think of you?

As I said Good Sir please ask as many questions as you can.

soul.assassin
Geezer of All Trades
Geezer of All Trades

Postby soul.assassin » Wed May 14, 2014 10:31 pm

View Original PostSquigsquasher wrote:The £7.99 double ended 3mm jack cable I got from HMV has broken after just over a month. It doesn't show any outward signs of damage but it only plays through one side of my mobile headphones now unless I hold it in just the right position. Fixing the thing will be impossible and the warranty has probably expired by now, so I'm going to have to buy another one. Not sure whether to invest in the more expensive £20 cable or just get the same one as before- I don't know if the increase in price gets you a more durable cable. Obviously I still have my PC headset but that's USB and as such doesn't work with my PS Vita- and I'm definitely not bringing them into college.

Did I mention I fucking hate headphones and headphone cables? They're fucking overpriced and they break at the drop of a hat. The sooner we get wireless headphones the better.

There's much DIY guides online on how to wire in the phones into a new jack (and I once did for a pair of iPod earbuds when the original jack was worn out). These jacks can be bought at any electronics supply store, as well as a soldering iron, solder spool, and a cheap multi-tester.

heavytread
Ramiel
Ramiel

Postby heavytread » Wed May 14, 2014 10:52 pm

So my grandma is supposed to go on oyxgen because she smoked a pack a day last however many decades, but she refuses because then she'd have to quit smoking. My grandma is one of the most important people in my life right now and I'd just be a total wreak if she died any time soon.

I swear my father wants to push me past my breaking point with my anger and kill him or hurt someone else pretty bad. Both of which if I did either of I'd never forgive myself and absolutely hate myself for. Another nail in the coffin for the idea that my father would be like real dad. Although I did find out the only one of my siblings he likes is my eldest sister so it's not just me he hate.

C.A.P.
Wabbit Duelist
Wabbit Duelist

Postby C.A.P. » Wed May 14, 2014 10:54 pm

SPOILER: Show
1) My grades are all over the map, but what tanked my GPA this semester is a F grade in biology.
2) Because I feel like that in order to a fulfilled life within my and to society, it has to happen.
3) Someone from Spain someone got into my debit card tried to purchase something for 600-900 dollars.
4) Because I don't really want her to be the only sibling within my family to carry out of family name. That's not fair both to her and me.

1) Yes and no. I know my life right now isn't the end all, be all, but I feel like I need to get these experiences out of the way now than space it out.
2) I started worrying at age 5, so I would say sometime around that time.
3) Because I feel like I have no self-worth.

Trying to say mortal.

1) I don't.
2) Because I don't want to believe that my perspective on things should be the only perspective I should listen to.
[/spoiler]

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Thu May 15, 2014 12:11 am

@C.A.P: Sorry to hear you've had such terrible things going on. :hugs: I'm at a pretty good place in my life but there are still so many things I need to get either squared away or stop having terrible anxieties about. Like, for me it feels like the older I get, the more my own mortality hits me, too...and I'm not even 30!

View Original PostAiko Heiwa wrote:uuuugggggghhhhhh i gotta get one so im not just bumming around online
all the time + money is good to buy stuff with/saving it

I know it's not the same, but could you look into some kind of temp work online, like helping people with computer issues (or selling stuff online, etc)? Or getting in touch with a temp agency who can land you an actual job? Edit: Just remembered your age, so maybe certain things you couldn't yet qualify for, but there must be something out there.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

MAGI_01
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

Postby MAGI_01 » Thu May 15, 2014 5:41 pm

Well I have a bit of a dilemma.

Seems Japanese 103 is not being offered this fall, only in summer quarter. Thing is do I just not take it this summer and hope I don't forget everything and wait for it to be offered next spring (Since I'm one quarter out of sync with the program) or do I take it and have no time off this year. Being a 12 week course condensed into 8 would make it hell. 3 hours a day, two days a week at campus as well as online lessons and homework as well as required tutoring.

I kind of wanted to have some time off since this quarter I've been stressed out big time and I am starting to burn out. At this point I fear if I do take it this summer, it could end up being a disaster.
"If it's stupid but works, it isn't stupid." - Me
"Has anyone ever told you how pretty your eyes are?" - Akio's most famous line.
Akio in Lance of LoL's Rebuild RP
Steam/PSN: MAGI_01 Origin: MAGI_02
Interested in a FMA based RP? Then check this out!

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Thu May 15, 2014 7:53 pm

Net neutrality debates, again. Please just leave the Internet as is? :irked:
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”