What character do you want to see in their own show?

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

Gob Hobblin
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

•      
  •      

Postby Gob Hobblin » Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:10 pm

View Original PostViolet Shadow wrote:Pen Pen clearly needs his own show.

I'm glad someone other than me said it!

:asuka_thumbsup:
Though, Gob still might look good in a cocktail dress.
-Sorrow

Rei wanted to know what waffles tasted like.
-Literary Eagle

We have to remember what's important in life: friends, waffles, and work. Or waffles, friends, and work. But work has to come in third.
-Leslie Knope

Come read EVA Sessions! This place has it, too! There'll be pizza! Not really! There are other things, too! Not EVA Sessions! Did I mention the pizza!?

Stillborn
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Stillborn » Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:14 pm

Well... No one need to say it. Everyone and their dog, expect PenPen to get his own show anyway. Actually it would be more popular than Eva franchiese.
Another jaded man.
Wciąż stoję nieruchomo, w nieżywym już szeregu. Umieram na stojąco, niech inni giną w biegu.

Giji Shinka
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Giji Shinka » Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:05 pm

My pen needs it's own series.

HA!

Rei IV
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Rei IV » Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:27 pm

A who-dun-it OVA series figuring out Kaji's murder and who shot him.

gatotsu911
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby gatotsu911 » Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:48 pm

When Rebuild was first announced I briefly hoped it would be a retelling of the series from Asuka's perspective. I would still really like to see that.
"I am shocked, SHOCKED, that a regular on an Evangelion forum would be a self-hating mess." - Tarnsman, paraphrased

"Jesus Christ, why are we even still talking about this shit?" - The Eva Monkey, summing up Evageeks in a sentence

Avatar: The Frozen Flame ~ Where Angels Lose Their Way

Princess Asuka
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Princess Asuka » Sat Nov 16, 2013 6:27 pm

I'd like too see Eva told from the alternate reality scene of episode 26.

But, I just wish the show had more episodes or went on another season.

Gob Hobblin
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

•      
  •      

Postby Gob Hobblin » Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:51 pm

You mean the school scene? Yeah, I had to wonder what a series around that would be like, too (minus the obvious and heavy lampshading in the scene).
Though, Gob still might look good in a cocktail dress.
-Sorrow

Rei wanted to know what waffles tasted like.
-Literary Eagle

We have to remember what's important in life: friends, waffles, and work. Or waffles, friends, and work. But work has to come in third.
-Leslie Knope

Come read EVA Sessions! This place has it, too! There'll be pizza! Not really! There are other things, too! Not EVA Sessions! Did I mention the pizza!?

Sgt. Griff
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Sgt. Griff » Sun Nov 17, 2013 3:18 am

I think just a bit more coverage of Touji and Kensuke in a show would be nice, they kinda got shafted near the end of the series.
Leave Shinji alone

Violet Shadow
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Violet Shadow » Sun Nov 17, 2013 3:51 am

View Original PostPrincess Asuka wrote:I'd like too see Eva told from the alternate reality scene of episode 26.

But, I just wish the show had more episodes or went on another season.
You two forgot about Girlfirend of Steel. By the way 26 episodes were enough, I don't want to see any filler episode.
If love can hurt then hate can surely save.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Sun Nov 17, 2013 5:31 am

View Original Postgatotsu911 wrote:When Rebuild was first announced I briefly hoped it would be a retelling of the series from Asuka's perspective. I would still really like to see that.
Now that would have been a great way to retell the series with scope to show behind the scenes bits to help explain what's going on, rather than the "All Shinji, all the time" reality.

View Original PostPrincess Asuka wrote:I'd like too see Eva told from the alternate reality scene of episode 26.
Angelic Days, the spin-off manga.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

gatotsu911
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby gatotsu911 » Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:57 am

Yeah, also Asuka in particular felt like she had a complete character arc with her own story to tell and a perspective distinct from Shinji's. One could just as easily imagine the series as Asuka's story with Shinji as a secondary character, rather than the other way around.
"I am shocked, SHOCKED, that a regular on an Evangelion forum would be a self-hating mess." - Tarnsman, paraphrased

"Jesus Christ, why are we even still talking about this shit?" - The Eva Monkey, summing up Evageeks in a sentence

Shinoyami65
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Shinoyami65 » Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:41 pm

A series focusing on Rei, going from her "birth" as Rei I to her "death" as Rei III merges with Lilith. Could be used to flesh out some of the the mysteries of Rei's creation, as well as filling out the gap between the events of Episode 21 and Episode 1, as well as giving us more insight into how Rei sees the world, which has always been one of the murkier aspects of the show due to her unique personality and the fact that she holds Lilith's soul yet is unaware of the fact. This could give us more behind-the-scenes insight on some things such as why Rei I did aggravate Naoko in the first palce, as well as Rei II's character development over the course of the series and Rei III's reaction to discovering she has Lilith's soul.
E̱͡v͈̙e͔̰̳͙r̞͍y͏̱̲̭͎̪ṱ͙̣̗̱͠h̰̰i͙n̶̮̟̳͍͍̫͓g̩ ̠͈en̶̖̹̪d̸̙̦͙̜͕͍̞s̸̰.̳̙̺̟̻̀

I always thought I might be bad
Now I know that it's true
Because I think you're so good
And I'm nothing like you

Atropos
Tabris
Tabris

•      
  •      

Postby Atropos » Sun Nov 17, 2013 2:13 pm

Write a House of Cards-styled show about SEELE's political machinations.

gatotsu911
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby gatotsu911 » Sun Nov 17, 2013 3:38 pm

Not to suggest that Rei's an uninteresting character but I'm not sure if she could hold a show on her own. Asuka at least has ordinary human emotional responses and goals to speak of; Rei is a whole other, weirder ballgame. Not to mention, her passivity throughout most of her character arc - the majority of her actions are responses to other characters - doesn't exactly scream leading lady material.

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Sun Nov 17, 2013 4:14 pm

Rei might not be able to hold a show, but Asuka would have no show at all.

Asuka is completely irrelevant to the main plot.
Rei was purpose-built for the gigantic, world-reshaping conspiracy.
Shinji is at the very least an ignorant pawn.
But Asuka isn't even that.

She's an extrenal factor with zero influence.
She may have had some interactions that affected Shinji, but the fact that Shinji ended up the one in charge at the end was a fluke not intended by either Seele or Gendo. Which is where we come back to Rei, who's decision it was to literally cut Gendo off. The build up to that decision could surely carry a show. A full show at that. How does she go from giggling with Gendo in the cage and slapping Shinji for talking shit, to finally taking control of her pre-planned life?

Honestly as someone on TEAM RED I'd love a show about Asuka, but I don't see how it could be interesting if it's just NGE from her perspective. The fact that there's something significantly bigger brewing in the background is what makes things interesting and I want her to be a factor that is worth accounting for by the conspirators.
Post-Bardiel Shikinami could work because one would assume the supposed Angel contamination can't simply be ignored if Angels as a whole still matter.
But Soryu? Her only chance is post-EoE shenanigans. But for me personally 2-actor plays are kinda boring.
Or just go batshit with AU.
"Hooray for other things!" -NAveryW

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Sun Nov 17, 2013 4:23 pm

^
Post-Bardiel Shikinami also works because this time she plays an active role in the bigger thing brewing in the background, as well as basically everyone else who's alive by the time the split in NERV that gave birth to WILLE happened.
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Sun Nov 17, 2013 4:41 pm

Alternatively, take Soryu and vastly stretch out the intervals between angel attacks. Add in like a 13 episode of non-world-saving madness so that she has time to exert proper influence over Shinji :naughty:

The show was clearly missing a school play and festival.

Also add in an arcade episode that gets way too competative and turns out to be a scheme by the makers of Jet Alone 2.0 to secretly gather Eva pilot data.
"Hooray for other things!" -NAveryW

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Sun Nov 17, 2013 4:54 pm

Give it the TV ending, so we're straight from hospital bed to "This is the Asuka Langley Soryu in my mind" and concluding with a Congratulations scene, and we're good to go.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

gatotsu911
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby gatotsu911 » Sun Nov 17, 2013 4:56 pm

Who cares about the plot? Evangelion is a character-driven show all the way. All an Asuka-centric spinoff would need is to focus on her character development and internal struggles, which are already given decent screen time in the show proper.
Last edited by gatotsu911 on Sun Nov 17, 2013 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Sun Nov 17, 2013 4:57 pm

The main thing the show was missing was more Jet Alone and a more badass Jet Alone 2. The could call it Jet Lonely or something. Or Jet Jaguar... oh, wait.
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”