FML General Thread [5]

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

r1cepurin
Shamshel
Shamshel

Postby r1cepurin » Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:11 pm

View Original PostCatamari wrote:I need my keys for multiple things, throughout the day, so I've made them top priority, next to my wallet. Maybe put them on a lanyard and wear it around your neck, or on a stretchy-band around your wrist?

UPDATE: I found my keys. they were in the dog food

Princess Asuka
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

Postby Princess Asuka » Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:14 pm

Realizing that confronting the mean girl at school in a few weeks, may seem like a good way to get my feelings across, but turns out it's one of her last resorts as well.

Also, discovered that the only reason she wants to be a preschool is for power, she doesn't even like little kids and they like me better. I never knew such cruel people existed in this world. I at want to work with the elderly, children, or cats or dogs, because I enjoy working with them, not because I'm a power hungry, control freak, unsocialized perfectionist bitch who the teachers refuse to do anything about it.

It's time I stick up for myself!

C.A.P.
Wabbit Duelist
Wabbit Duelist

Postby C.A.P. » Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:08 pm

Was informed my sister has pneumonia.

This semester really likes kicking my balls lately.
"Free-associative internet ravings know no proprietors."-Azathoth
"Cinema's value is that it is inhuman."-chee
"I only meant to stay a while."-ELO

nervshatter
Banned

Postby nervshatter » Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:11 pm

Sorry to hear that CAP, hope she gets better.

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

Postby NemZ » Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:14 pm

My car decided today that stalling while in idle is a fantastic idea. Keeping my fingers crossed that it's a sensor or something like that and not the damn catalytic converter.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mr. Tines » Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:15 am

In the olden days, I'd've said it sounds like something fouling the carburettor...
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Vegeta 20XX
XX0↊ ɐʇǝƃǝɅ

Postby Vegeta 20XX » Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:01 am

My friend and I got into a physical argument ("fight" kind of suggests blows being exchanged - it was really a struggle as to who could choke the other out first and get them to yield in the argument that started it), and this is the second time it's happened, and the first time I was actually an equal, erm, opponent, which is unusual for me because I'm usually a total chickenshit about things like that. It ended with a tense cool-off period (as well as a temporarily lost glasses lens on his end and a hole in my wall), which led to a much more peaceful discussion about a variety of subjects, mostly about deeply troubling personal issues that don't normally come out in conversation. Still, the next "physical argument" isn't going to be some sort of wrestling match like this one was - it's gonna be an actual fight, with punching and kicking and a bunch of other stuff. It's also probably inevitable, though I intend to stall it until said friend sees a doctor about a few things, as tonight showed him just how out of shape he really is, and given that he already has some chest-area medical issues (he CANNOT run, it WILL cause chest pain, for example), I don't want to end up fighting a friend who may well just keel over and die in the middle of it.

This is basically a state where neither party will take much more of the other's figurative shit, even if it won't end the friendship, and somebody will likely get the living shit beaten out of them. No, it's not unprovoked, and likely won't be.

On another note, I thought too much about my ex and her life, and it kind of killed my day (and preempted the scenario above), so I think I'm going to do something else. I don't know exactly what that means, but whatever I'm doing now doesn't help me - I should know what happens to me when I talk to her about a lot of things, and I should especially know what dwelling on mine and my ex's misgivings, misdeeds, and mistakes gets me (hint: a lot of unnecessary sadness, anger, and irrational, poorly-thought-out decisions). It especially didn't help when I intended to begin working on my self-confidence this morning, though I probably should've presumed that talking to the ex would shoot that plan down somehow, as doing so tends to.

This also fits the "Not Your Average Day" topic, but I felt it belonged here more.
Avatar: Apophis' shifty-looking gaze as he invades the SGC.
Vegeta 20XX: Actually pixelated, and the self proclaimed "King of the screw up". - Fazmotron
The most awesome thing ever. Seriously.
I witnessed a young girl ohhh about 12 years of age or so fall off a snowbank then proceed to say "Fuck you snowhill that hurt" - Dataprime
For those who put things like "Chuckman x Chuckmen" and "Follower of the Chuckman x Chuckman pairing" in their signatures: All you need is fuck.

Lavinius
Pilot
Pilot

Postby Lavinius » Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:19 pm

Oh my God Yukkuri is like the creepiest thing I have ever seen.
~ibi cubávit Lamia, et invénit sibi reiquiem~

Princess Asuka
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

Postby Princess Asuka » Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:00 pm

I'm not sure if I'm well liked here and I'm contemplating on whether or not I should stay. Also, I don't have very many friends in real life, most of them are too busy to hang out.
So FML... :irked:

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

Postby pwhodges » Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:31 am

The thing is to get to like yourself, so then whether other people like you or not becomes their problem not yours. (OK, there's more to it than that, but it's a good starting point.)
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

riffraff11235
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

Postby riffraff11235 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 6:35 am

Going to sleep now and then waking up in 2.5 hours to turn in a lab report that I just finished writing.

Good thing Physics II Lab is the only course I'm taking this semester that involves long pieces of writing....
だから みんな 死んでしまえば いいのに... では, あなたは何故, ココにいるの? ...ココにいても, いいの?
"Cogito ergo sum." - Rene Descartes
"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing." - Oliver Wendell Holmes
Avatar: Asuka is superior. That is all.
PSN - riffraff-11235 Feel free to add me. PM me on EGF if you do.
Steam - rifffraff11235

League of Legends - riffraff11235
Osu! - riffraff11235

soul.assassin
Geezer of All Trades
Geezer of All Trades

Postby soul.assassin » Thu Feb 20, 2014 6:36 am

Note to Self: avoid getting into arguments with SONE, nor to reason with them.
Last edited by soul.assassin on Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bomby von Bombsville
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Bomby von Bombsville » Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:52 am

View Original Postsoul.assassin wrote:Note to Self: avoid getting into arguments with SONE.

You daaaaaaaaamn right! :peace:
서녀시대 화이팅!
pardon my Korean I know we're supposed to post in English
actually I can't stand most other SONEs either
or kpop fans in general
if you're attempting to read this I applaud your efforts
but I also question your sanity...
Last edited by Bomby von Bombsville on Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The Skirt-Chasing Mafioso of EGF
"we have Bomby, voted by People magazine as the sexiest man alive." - TehDonutKing
If you let me, here's what I'll do: I'll take care of you.

InstrumentalityOne
Strawberries & Peaches
Strawberries & Peaches

Postby InstrumentalityOne » Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:59 pm

Girl I mentioned earlier outright that we should be casual but still does couple-y things in private or whenever she's not around her friends but I still get to hang out with them, well I did once.

o-okay I guess we got along nicely but that's as far as we probably should've gone, we think the same but socially we're polar opposites socially so yeah :(
Actually I thought this could work somewhat cause she's only 1 year older than me this time but it's like she's living on a different planet doing something else entirely

g-guess I'm that one "cute" guy(that's what she said), you stay for one night at to satisfy your urges and overseas loneliness and you show around your circles once to boost your worth and then you're done with it.

she insists that I'm her "friend" but I don't know anymore, with her bonding issues I think it's clear she doesnt know what she wants but
ah whatever, no use dwelling on it, missed a lot of gym lately, gotta make up for all that booze

I don't know if I should make attempts to hang out with her anymore or if I should just let her be.
ugh

I wish I could be a simple beast that can be done with casual encounters and flings, but all this shoujo shit corrupted my mind

if worst comes to worst I took a cute girl home and got paraded around for a little bit so I should be feeling like hot shit but eh whatever end of post im done

heavytread
Ramiel
Ramiel

Postby heavytread » Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:43 pm

Well I got suspended from school till next Wednesday because I punched my cousin because he and another kid were pushing me between each other and against a table at lunch and I couldn't breath, barely even touch him and he starts balling that i hit him in the eye when i barely hit him in check.

And of course they both get away without any punishment at all!

FML :spout:

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

Postby Bagheera » Thu Feb 20, 2014 6:01 pm

View Original PostInstrumentalityOne wrote:if worst comes to worst I took a cute girl home and got paraded around for a little bit so I should be feeling like hot shit but eh whatever end of post im done

As I said in chat just take what you can get and roll with it. Cold comfort if you're emotionally invested, but even so play the hand you're dealt.
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

Postby Chuckman » Thu Feb 20, 2014 6:28 pm

View Original PostInstrumentalityOne wrote:I don't know if I should make attempts to hang out with her anymore or if I should just let her be.

Trimmed. Don't quote entire posts. -NemZ

If you want more from her and she's not going to give it to you, find somebody who will.
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

KingXanaduu
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

Postby KingXanaduu » Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:48 pm

View Original PostPrincess Asuka wrote:I'm not sure if I'm well liked here and I'm contemplating on whether or not I should stay. Also, I don't have very many friends in real life, most of them are too busy to hang out.
So FML... :irked:

I think you're a good user and I'd be sad if you left. :( We're all kind of a family here. :) Does that help? :)
"You're na�ve, Cecil. Even knowing betrayal and despair, you would depend on the whims of others?" - Golbez
---------------------------------------
Sephiroth: "Do you miss the Light?"
Golbez: "Hmph...I merely have duties to fulfill."
Sephiroth: "Too close to the brightness, and you may get scorched."
Golbz:.............
Golbez: Your loss can strengthen you.

"NGE Shinji is broken, Manga Shinji is an asshole, Rebuild Shinji is an idiot. Which is best? Uh, can I get some other options? All of these really suck." -Bagheera

Princess Asuka
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

Postby Princess Asuka » Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:56 pm

View Original Postxanderkh wrote:I think you're a good user and I'd be sad if you left. :( We're all kind of a family here. :) Does that help? :)

Thanks, that helps a little bit. ^_^ I'm still getting used to it, on another forum I'm at it took me awhile before, I made friends and felt like I belonged there. Now, it's like we're a big family, so I'm hoping the same for here too. ^_^

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

Postby NemZ » Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:11 pm

can we knock it off with the smiley apocalypse? it looses affect when you just spam them everywhere.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”