FML General Thread [5]

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: New Moderators, Board Staff

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

Postby NemZ » Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:20 pm

Oh, today has been fun. Story time?

SPOILER: Show

A guy contacts me based on an ad I placed online, asking If I can make a 65th anniversary logo/icon thing for his company. I shoot him my standard logo price, he comes back with a much lower budget ceiling. I told him I can work with that limit but that I won't offer the same level of detail as the sample he provided that he wants it to look like. He's all "okay, cool."

So I look up his website and combine the color scheme and modern styling of the place with the layout of his sample and the text he provided. Nope, he doesn't like it. Why? Nothing specific, boss just wasn't happy. I figured okay, quickly swapped out the font and color scheme for something closer to the sample he provided. Now he's playing phone tag games, he's out of the office, hasn't been able to talk to the boss, etc. Yay. Finally gets back to me with "Don't know what to tell you, boss isn't happy."

So okay, fuck it. There was a VP CCed on one of our earlier emails, I'm guessing that's the boss. Might as well send him a polite, professional email skipping this middleman bullshit and just finding out how I can make him happy. In response I get a steaming load of douchebaggery full of bold, underlines, italics and 'quotes' that amounts to he's not happy, still won't say specifically what he wants changed. Oh, and he says that they're going to look for another provider since they don't believe that I can deliver what they want, nevermind that they contacted me.

Of course I CAN, I just WON'T. Not at that price, like I told them multiple times as soon as the budget was revealed. I ask a third time, "Given that there are limits to what I can reasonably offer at the price you're offering, what is it exactly that you want?" the response I get is that they aren't interested in working with me and don't want me to contact them again.

TL/DR, probably going to have to sue this asshat.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

Bagheera
Banned

Postby Bagheera » Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:31 pm

Not for the first time, I am glad I am not self-employed. It would suck to have to deal with that shit on a regular basis.

For my part: FML aplenty, but I can't talk about it here (folks who were here last year will know why). FML.
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:36 pm

It's that wonderful time of year to keep up that wonderful 2:1 FML:RML ratio.

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

Postby Chuckman » Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:55 pm

View Original PostNuclear Lunchbox wrote:Nah, that's just Chuckman being Chuckman. :lol:

The word "tummy" has been ruined for me by George Ronald Reuel Martin.
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”