Evangelion Pictures Thread [4] (Post all images in spoilers)

Old sticky threads from different subfora are preserved here for easy reference

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

Postby child of Lilith » Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:49 am

Rei pics:
SPOILER: Show
ImageImageImage

Asuka pics:
ImageImage
"Let the right one in. Let the old dreams die. Let the wrong ones go. They cannot do, what you want them to do."- Morrissey, Let the Right One Slip In

"Happy people can be so cruel"- Claudia, Silent Hill 3

"everlasting, true love, I am yours"- Rule of Rose

Rei IV
Pilot
Pilot

Postby Rei IV » Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:52 am

That first picture of Rei should be titled "Touched by Angel".

Katana
Banned

Postby Katana » Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:58 am

CJD
Banned

Postby CJD » Sun Jun 02, 2013 2:26 am

View Original PostStillborn wrote:I still don't get it. Why the third impact MUST happen? All angel are dead and as long as Gendo would keep his hands of Rei Impact would'nt happen. Only SEELE could try something then but still it's just something they would trigger. I dont see the inevitable that can only be directed and not avoided.

As long as Lilith exists third impact is possible. Considering Lilith is the product of an extraterrestrial race far more advanced than us, and that she survived an impact from space, I suspect there would be no man made weapon that could kill her.

So then the question becomes, how do you prevent 3I? What? Do you hide Lilith? Do you erase all evidence of her existence? Good luck with that. Even if you manage to successfully erase every reference to her in files, even if you manage to hide her, you're only delaying the inevitable. We've got a couple million (billion?) more years on planet Earth before the sun pushes us off this rock. That's millions of years for one person to stumble by complete accident across Lilith. And if you account for future technology like terraforming or improved sensors, which might uncover or detect her by complete accident, the odds increase.

3I isn't inevitable but it is almost certain, and given that as a fact the only way to be sure it doesn't screw humanity as a whole is to get it out of the way now and be done with it. It's messy but it needed to be done.

View Original PostChuckman wrote:This pleases Chuckman.

Even reading the spoilers I spent about an hour listening to Tom Jones' "It's not Unusual" on repeat. For obvious reasons.

View Original Postxanderkh wrote:Their lives and destinies are intertwined.

My take too. Can't fight destiny, as much as we may or may not want to. Bags, you should be more romantic.
You know you have some fucked up characters when a screenshot of them smiling is the biggest piece of fanservice possible in the series. - Anonymous
Be excellent to each other. -Abraham Lincoln
Asuka is a real person. -Bagheera
Human beings are scum. You people looking down on others for simply feeling an attraction to a fictional character are the real filth. -Kazuki_Fuse
CENSORED BY THE ILLUMINATI

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

Postby Bagheera » Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:03 am

View Original PostStillborn wrote:I still don't get it. Why the third impact MUST happen? All angel are dead and as long as Gendo would keep his hands of Rei Impact would'nt happen. Only SEELE could try something then but still it's just something they would trigger. I dont see the inevitable that can only be directed and not avoided.

It was inevitable in the sense that Seele was bound and determined to happen and they had the means and resources to make it so. At that point Yui's only options are to either go a long with it or find a way to subvert it in some fashion so they don't get what they want, and she chose the latter route.
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

Stillborn
Banned

Postby Stillborn » Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:25 am

View Original PostBagheera wrote:It was inevitable in the sense that Seele was bound and determined to happen and they had the means and resources to make it so. At that point Yui's only options are to either go a long with it or find a way to subvert it in some fashion so they don't get what they want, and she chose the latter route.

Then blowing up SEELE would be better option. Seriously. I doubt a wasteland with two kids, and with sea polluted by decomposing head of god alien was anyone's plan. All parties fucked up with their "solutions" :facepalm:
Another jaded man.
Wciąż stoję nieruchomo, w nieżywym już szeregu. Umieram na stojąco, niech inni giną w biegu.

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

Postby Bagheera » Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:31 am

View Original PostStillborn wrote:Then blowing up SEELE would be better option.

Yes, that would be great. Unfortunately, that wasn't an option available to her.

Seriously. I doubt a wasteland with two kids, and with sea polluted by decomposing head of god alien was anyone's plan. All parties fucked up with their "solutions" :facepalm:

Yui was squarely in "making the best of a bad lot" territory there. At least the kids (and the rest of humanity) have the possibility of a future, bleak though it may seem at the moment. It certainly beats Seele's alternative.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

Postby Kendrix » Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:43 am

...Funny how people can read so much into "Yo" "'Sup".
By that logic, the true winner would be Kensuke. :devil:

It's like ppl of the opposite Gender can't even show each other common courtesy anymore.
Asuka does not seem pleased with the possibility of him hitting on her, and he didn't actually mean to.

You know, I would more or less understand it if she recognized him as well, or if there had been any implication of anything beyond friendship/commeraderie *before* whatever in god's name happened there...
I wanted to try harvesting the rice

I wanted to hold Tsubame more

I wanted to stay together forever with the boy I like

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

Postby Bagheera » Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:49 am

Missed this:

View Original PostCJD wrote:My take too. Can't fight destiny, as much as we may or may not want to. Bags, you should be more romantic.

Son, my life's work is an epic post-3I fic that does all the heavy lifting required to get these two together for real. Dunno if it will ever be finished, let alone published, but I do know I'm the most romantic sumbitch in the valley. :thumbsup:

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mr. Tines » Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:44 am

Can we perhaps take the tangent to a more suitable thread, either something like

http://forum.evageeks.org/thread/2458/What-Now-in-terms-of-Children-2-and-3Post-3I-thoughts/

or a new equivalent one in Fanfiction?
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

driftking18594
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby driftking18594 » Sun Jun 02, 2013 11:30 am

What was this about heterosexuality?

Shinoyami65
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

Postby Shinoyami65 » Sun Jun 02, 2013 11:32 am

Let's get this thread back on track people.

Or the harpies will be unleashed....

E̱͡v͈̙e͔̰̳͙r̞͍y͏̱̲̭͎̪ṱ͙̣̗̱͠h̰̰i͙n̶̮̟̳͍͍̫͓g̩ ̠͈en̶̖̹̪d̸̙̦͙̜͕͍̞s̸̰.̳̙̺̟̻̀

I always thought I might be bad
Now I know that it's true
Because I think you're so good
And I'm nothing like you

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

Postby Kendrix » Sun Jun 02, 2013 11:32 am

Not necessary.
Someone just post more pics.
I wanted to try harvesting the rice

I wanted to hold Tsubame more

I wanted to stay together forever with the boy I like

Shinoyami65
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

Postby Shinoyami65 » Sun Jun 02, 2013 11:38 am

Very well.

Asuka vs. MP Eva  SPOILER: Show
]Image
E̱͡v͈̙e͔̰̳͙r̞͍y͏̱̲̭͎̪ṱ͙̣̗̱͠h̰̰i͙n̶̮̟̳͍͍̫͓g̩ ̠͈en̶̖̹̪d̸̙̦͙̜͕͍̞s̸̰.̳̙̺̟̻̀

I always thought I might be bad
Now I know that it's true
Because I think you're so good
And I'm nothing like you

Katana
Banned

Postby Katana » Sun Jun 02, 2013 11:42 am

View Original PostShinoyami65 wrote:Very well.

Asuka vs. MP Eva  SPOILER: Show
]Image

Congrats, now this music is playing in my head forever.

Tankred
Anime Ja Nai
Anime Ja Nai

Postby Tankred » Sun Jun 02, 2013 11:59 am

The time has come and so have I.

CJD
Banned

Postby CJD » Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:51 pm

View Original PostMr. Tines wrote:Can we perhaps take the tangent to a more suitable thread, either something like

http://forum.evageeks.org/thread/2458/What-Now-in-terms-of-Children-2-and-3Post-3I-thoughts/

or a new equivalent one in Fanfiction?

Sorry, sorry! Have some pics I stole from /a/ in reparation for my crimes.

We Sci Fi Now

We Russian Now. How long until video related breaks out?

Another angle on the Asuka cosplay Chuck posted the other day.Image

If anyone has more from this set I'd be much obliged for a source.
You know you have some fucked up characters when a screenshot of them smiling is the biggest piece of fanservice possible in the series. - Anonymous
Be excellent to each other. -Abraham Lincoln
Asuka is a real person. -Bagheera
Human beings are scum. You people looking down on others for simply feeling an attraction to a fictional character are the real filth. -Kazuki_Fuse
CENSORED BY THE ILLUMINATI

Giji Shinka
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Giji Shinka » Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:57 pm

View Original PostCJD wrote:
Another angle on the Asuka cosplay Chuck posted the other day.Image

If anyone has more from this set I'd be much obliged for a source.

CJD! Are you trying to make me have a heart attack using dat ass as a trap...? Thank you. :kaos_bow:

Katana
Banned

Postby Katana » Sun Jun 02, 2013 2:02 pm

View Original PostGiji Shinka wrote:CJD! Are you trying to make me have a heart attack using dat ass as a trap...? Thank you. :kaos_bow:
Who's that bish?

Tankred
Anime Ja Nai
Anime Ja Nai

Postby Tankred » Sun Jun 02, 2013 2:05 pm

Embarrassing.

Return to “Old Stickies”