Which evangelion scene scarred you the most?

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

Dream
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Dream » Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:13 pm

View Original PostDer Kommissar wrote:Hopefully not that loudly.

Good thing for Asuka they have no neighbours, at any rate.
"Every line is a joy" -Kaworu Nagisa.

"Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm." - Ralph Waldo Emerson.

Lurkis
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Lurkis » Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:25 am

View Original PostDream wrote:Good thing for Asuka they have no neighbours, at any rate.

I love how you assume it would be Asuka XD What about Misato?~

Joking aside, did anyone else get a few ftw shivers the first time they saw 01 go berserk? Not exactly scarring but still a little "o.o"

CaasiBoy
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby CaasiBoy » Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:39 pm

View Original PostLurkis wrote:I love how you assume it would be Asuka XD What about Misato?~

Joking aside, did anyone else get a few ftw shivers the first time they saw 01 go berserk? Not exactly scarring but still a little "o.o"

For me it was "holy shit...swag".

I was 13, okay?

Lurkis
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Lurkis » Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:19 pm

View Original PostCaasiBoy wrote:For me it was "holy shit...swag".

I was 13, okay?

I will count that :3

Chroma
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby Chroma » Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:37 pm

Probably the scene where Zeruel breaks into the bridge and it's just a close-up of his face, with that half smile/scream/angry look. And then you see sparkles so you assume something's about to go down. It was even worse in 2.0 thanks to the better graphics and animation. I felt the bridge bunnies' fears, man.

Also, when 01 starts eating Zeruel and lets out that guttural scream. It was so human and so animalistic at the same time that I was shocked.
"What we needed were not words and promises, but the steady accumulation of small realities."
South of the Border, West of the Sun - Haruki Murakami

Fics: Ao3 https://archiveofourown.org/users/Sensha_do

Pandymint
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Pandymint » Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:17 am

The most scarring bits for me. Hmm... Series wise the Dummy Plug's evisceration of Bardiel and the subsequent tantrum on top of NERV HQ come to mind. Because I can only imagine something like that, being forced to sit there and do nothing while your friend is just nearly getting killed. It was made even more chilling, for me, in 2.0 because of the gory details and the fact that Asuka gets stuck in Unit-03.

Then Unit-01 going berserk on Zeurel. It's so unexpected, and watching it just devour the Angel. Then that scream... The scream I always associated with Yui's despair of being trapped in Unit-01.

...Then there's End of Evangelion. I'll jump on the bandwagon and say Unit-02/Asuka's end. This isn't helped by the fact that she's my favorite. Then there's GNR's degradation and the vagina on her forehead. Just... What. Not to mention Misato being blown in half. ;-;

Though, I find the scene where it flashes to an empty theater kind of chilling, but beautiful at the same time. Not entirely sure why, though.

And thanks for reminding me to watch the Japanese EoE, now I gotta hear Megumi's scream.
Ask me what it's like to have myself so figured out. Wish I knew.

Self-confessed Asuka fan.

Stan
Tabris
Tabris

•      
  •      

Postby Stan » Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:08 pm

Its not scary for me, but it is disturbing (note I was like 10 when I saw this)

In EoE when the mass produced eva's started eating and ripping unit 02 apart was not pleasant for me (keep in mind that Asuka feels everything they do to the eva---guts being pulled out etc).

And the second part that also damaged my mind was when Unit 01 broke out of white Rei and she started falling apart-- like her arm was falling off and stretching the skin with the meat and the bone :/ And the black moon started bleeding on her stomach, it was just very disturbing for me back then

Gus Hanson
Authentic Wizard
Authentic Wizard

•      
  •      

Postby Gus Hanson » Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:35 pm

Angel possessed Unit 03 getting beaten to a bloody pulp by dummy plugged Unit 01 with the blood just gushing out and polluting the nearby river doesn't feel right.

lordgodzilla1995
Embryo

Re: Which evangelion scene scarred you the most?

•      
  •      

Postby lordgodzilla1995 » Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:25 pm

To be honest, The Third Impact Scene scares me the most, because you can hear the screams of humanity being turned into LCL, That scene gave me nightmares when i first watched the end of evangelion after i finished the original series and watched Death & Rebirth.

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”