FanFiction Requests/Recommendations/Discussion etc.

Everything Evangelion Fanfiction related.

Moderators: Derantor, Board Staff

MsenjaKagami
Lilith

Re: FanFiction Requests/Recommendations/Discussion etc.

•      
  •      

Postby MsenjaKagami » Tue Apr 18, 2023 2:08 am

View Original Postsephiroth2004 wrote:Kadmon is a technically capable writer. His stories are basically all well-written and run the gamut between happy to bittersweet to "where's the brain bleach, I don't want to remember this". The later examples, you might have to look beyond FF for some of them, are some of the most...difficult to read fics in eva that aren't written purely for shock value like certain aquatic themed author.

Funny how (relatively) recent this reply is as Kadmon just posted a new oneshot that showed that he does, in fact, still got it (in terms of making dark and depressing stuff). But yeah, I've heard about what the original Witness is actually about, what Second Other is about, what I Knew Him When is about, and I believe that he's fully capable of what his reputation has told me (and tbh I'm not sure I want to see them for myself lol).

SPOILER: Show
As for his new story, Adrift, yeah the master of dark and depressing reveals has returned. Story starts off pretty idyllic and slice of life-esque with a nice little insight into this AU version of the world and characters, with few hints sprinkled here and that something has clearly gone wrong for this version of Shinji. As the story continues, it gets more and more into Shinji's depressive state and how that affects his view of his friends and family while giving more and more details to the point that you can more or less piece together what probably happened that led to Shinji's current state. Then in the last act the plot ramps up in speed and starts revealing much more about the events, so much so that you'll probably end up missing a bunch on the first read through, while at the same time not giving away too much explicitly. And finally the story ends with a scene that ties all the disparate bits of info together, re-contextualizes it all to make it all make sense with one last major reveal, and gets the dubious honor of being the first thing I've read in awhile that left me feeling genuinely horrified and nauseous (which I guess was the point so....good job?).

So yeah, overall solid story; characters and world felt very grounded and real, prose and dialogue were strong as always with Kadmon, and I ended up feeling depressed by the end of it. So I guess I did end up getting the classic Kadmon experience afterall. Yay? ((also to whoever's reading this, if you still haven't read Patient but somehow have read this story, I'd say now would be a good time to read that one))
Avatar Source: https://twitter.com/AwakeningDog/status ... UW7kpedBvg

Software engineering degree haver, aspiring pretend storyteller

C.T.1290
Zeruel
Zeruel

•      
  •      

Postby C.T.1290 » Sat May 06, 2023 9:30 pm

If were talking about recommendations, do you guys know some good fics were Asuka tries to help Shinji overcome his traumas in some of the post EOE ones? The ones I can think of is Unbroken and You are (not) at fault, and I’m wondering if there’s some others like it.
“This is the way”-The Mandalorian

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Sun May 07, 2023 4:48 pm

View Original PostC.T.1290 wrote:If were talking about recommendations, do you guys know some good fics were Asuka tries to help Shinji overcome his traumas in some of the post EOE ones? The ones I can think of is Unbroken and You are (not) at fault, and I’m wondering if there’s some others like it.

In recent and ongoing things, there's Somewhere to Hide by Darkbluezero.
In short: in the chaos of the post-3I world as people started to come back and governments try to manage everything back to normal, Shinji and Asuka managed to slip under the radar and are trying to rebuild their life in a village under false names.
Author mentioned that the story will be as a series of vignettes depicting them trying to help each other overcome their traumas and rebuilding their life. First chapter (and only one so far) is about Asuka helping Shinji dealing with his guilt over triggering Instrumentality.
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

MarqFJA87
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby MarqFJA87 » Tue Sep 12, 2023 9:11 am

I vaguely recall there were some rather old fanfics where Misato is de-aged back into a teenager, and she gets romantically involved with Shinji (who's now her physical age). All I could find from my search is Misato's Second Childhood by gunman and successive attempts at continuing/rewriting it by a couple of other authors.

Does anyone know of another fic that fits the profile?
"Our magic is not omnipotent. A little bit of courage is the true magic."
–Negi Springfield, Negima: Magister Negi Magi

"Where there is distress, therein lies a story. Where there is a story, therein lies a will. And wherever there is a will, therein lies a soul."
–Evangeline A.K. McDowell, Negima: Magister Negi Magi

ChaddyManPrime
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Sat Jan 13, 2024 10:45 pm

Any interesting fanfictions going on? Maybe something fresh, cross-over free?
"Look at Me!, I'm Mr. MeeSeeks!" - Mr. MeeSeeks

You know nothing, Jon Snow - Chuckman

Return to “Fanfiction”