Reichu's Shin Eva AD and CC translations up on Arqa Apocrypha

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End
The Beginning and The End

Reichu's Shin Eva AD and CC translations up on Arqa Apocrypha

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Tue May 11, 2021 9:41 am

Reichu has been working tirelessly on the Shin Eva AD and CC translations on Arqa, and has put it up in four parts - even though 1, 2, and 4 are currently incomplete. This provides context for Shin Eva and is the closest thing we have to a movie script at present.

https://www.arqacrypha.net/post/eva-3-0 ... ation-pt-1
https://www.arqacrypha.net/post/eva-3-0 ... ation-pt-2
https://www.arqacrypha.net/post/eva-3-0 ... ation-pt-3
https://www.arqacrypha.net/post/eva-3-0 ... ation-pt-4

Now, I know that this has been discussed partially in places all over the forum and Discord, but since I haven't seen a consolidated thread for the translations on Arqa I'm starting this one off - in the spoiler subforum, naturally.

I'm also keeping this non-stickied for the time being, but I might make this a sticky if it is deemed worth it.
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

Re: Reichu's Shin Eva AD and CC translations up on Arqa Apocrypha

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Wed May 12, 2021 7:47 am

We must indeed commend her efforts, especially since she adds footnotes explaining stuff!
I wanted to try harvesting the rice

I wanted to hold Tsubame more

I wanted to stay together forever with the boy I like

Velorex
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Velorex » Wed May 12, 2021 12:52 pm

hmm... I wonder how far she is now
"the master of a cruel angel's hypothesis"

Pluto
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Pluto » Wed May 12, 2021 5:06 pm

Thanks for posting this!

Extreme special thanks goes to Reichu who I've heavily quoted in some of my previous threads and has helped the community immensely over the years.
Oh, the clock is ticking out

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Thu May 13, 2021 12:23 am

Noteworthy details.

1)
Apparently ReiQ's reaction to Hikari explaining the breastfeeding is to try squeezing her own breasts lol.

That reminds me of when my little sister was a baby and also didn't understand that not all boobs have milk.

I was 14/15 when she was baby and already largely woman-shaped so there was an incident where mom was out for shopping & I was watching her, & she ended up tugging at my shirt/chest all the time, as if to say, "Hey, I'm not dumb, I can see that you got food right there, why won't you give me any?"
She even tried her luck with men's nipples on one occasion when my father wasn't wearing a shirt for some reason, her face when there was no milk was priceless.
Like you could just see the concept of "context" alighting in her tiny, mildly disturbed consciousness XDD

It's also a neat detail that ReiQ goes gaga about all the animals, that's actually realistic - one thing they do with extreme cases of traumatized kids that never had any stable contact person & hence haven't really learned to bond with humans is to use animals in therapy.
I recently read that story where one girl that went from completely unmanageable to graduating from highschool and in the end she said it was all thanks to the horse she got to take care of.

Though there seems to be, in general, a lot of visual reinforcement of the idea that there is still new life worth protecting in the world after it previously seemed like all is lost/dead - baby cats, baby humans, tadpoles, newly planted crops, random children...

Apparently, at one point ReiQ plays with a crowd of toddlers. (I'm reminded of that episode from TNG where data biilds himself an android daughter, and they're not sure what grade to put her in, cause she has intellectual capabilities way beyond a normal human but less social skills than a toddler)

2) apparently the two are passed off so the villagers as "Two kids Kredit entrusted us with" -ie, as far as Touji & Kensuke told people, they're random war orphans.

3) though I've read the whole thing, it sticks a lot better with pics & the description
Kensuke is apparently a morning person. (cant relate) It#s like the longest brick joke ever that his survival guerilla training from episode 4 finally paid off

4) where IS she getting the pics? Not all these scenes have been in clips
I wanted to try harvesting the rice

I wanted to hold Tsubame more

I wanted to stay together forever with the boy I like

Derantor
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Derantor » Thu May 13, 2021 12:46 am

View Original PostKendrix wrote:4) where IS she getting the pics? Not all these scenes have been in clips

There are some things that have only been leaked as screenshots. Other sources include the NHK documentary, the trailers, and behind-the-scenes footage released on twitter et. al. Lastly there are the booklet scans; that's about it, I think.
My writing on Ao3 and FFN

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”