Shinji/Unit 01's Angel Powers?

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
AlphaZero
Embryo

Shinji/Unit 01's Angel Powers?

•      
  •      

Postby AlphaZero » Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:54 pm

Hello everyone, just created an account to see what you guys think about this:

While re-watching Jo I was reminded of the beginning scene of Kyu. In Kyu Shinji/Eva01 uses a laser attack to help Asuka destroy the angel/drone/whatever. It seems to be the same low level laser that Ramiel uses during the beginning of Operation Yashima. This led me to two thoughts:

1) Which other powers does Shinji/Eva01 have?

2) When did he/it acquire those powers?

When it comes to the first question it makes me wonder if there are more displays of them that I don't remember and if each power is angel based or if they are adams based.
When it comes to the second question I have a couple theories. Shinji was born with them or the Artificial Evolution Laboratory somehow did it during his childhood or Ramiel's laser somehow infected Shinji specifically his heart or his heart was replaced with a core during his emergency operation. Or Unit 01 already comes with these powers and it needs Shinji to activate them.
I don't know but this wait is making me go mad.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Re: Shinji/Unit 01's Angel Powers?

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Wed Aug 05, 2020 1:23 am

さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”