Anima and Rebuild: Similarities and Shared Ideas

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
BlueBasilisk
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby BlueBasilisk » Thu Oct 15, 2015 3:24 pm

^There is a time loop of some kind in Anima, but I believe that's just present in Anima. There are plenty of other influences at work in Eva too: Nadia, Ultraman, Space Battleship Yamato...

Dima: Thank you very much! :) I'd really love the get that compilation book as well! The Visual Book stops at the 2010 chapters, and who knows what might be in those other chapters that don't have scans? I think I've tapped out most of the material at my disposal without a translation or the rest of the story available.
Someday I hope that we'll be reunited if that is what's destined to be. Perhaps we'll discover that elusive bible. And then we will finally be free!

unz
Israfel
Israfel

•      
  •      

Postby unz » Thu Oct 15, 2015 3:40 pm

Yeah I pretty much made my mind Anima is this container of ideas to test. Even the evas design is more, huh, hermaphrodite compared to any other evangelion design. I'm not expecting NTE to buy the loop plot twist so late in the game, actually we got the eva curse to question the kid's age, but I don't see it stopping toying with meta.
Last edited by unz on Thu Oct 22, 2015 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chroma
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby Chroma » Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:04 pm

A lot of the Anima stuff was really cool - it's off the wall, but in a fun, almost shounen/super robo way.

If it's Yamashita's playground and some of the better ideas are fixed and used in Rebuild, I don't mind at all - especially since that's what this thread is more or less about.

Great post.
"What we needed were not words and promises, but the steady accumulation of small realities."
South of the Border, West of the Sun - Haruki Murakami

Fics: Ao3 https://archiveofourown.org/users/Sensha_do

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”