What would you do in Shinji's place in EoE?

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

Anonymous_Evafan
Minion
Minion

•      
  •      

Postby Anonymous_Evafan » Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:51 pm

Did it ever occur to you that Yui may not have let him do anything because she had a much better plan than a pointless battle?
Oh, but God forbid any of these theories have any validity! After all, we are just brainwashing innocent people with Reichu's fanclub propaganda!--Trigger's Elysium sarcasm for the masses!

BardialX18
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby BardialX18 » Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:08 pm

yeah...being the next adam and eve, so years of watching incest yeah that sounds really awesome...

Anonymous_Evafan
Minion
Minion

•      
  •      

Postby Anonymous_Evafan » Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:56 pm

What next Adam and Eve? Anyone can come back.
Oh, but God forbid any of these theories have any validity! After all, we are just brainwashing innocent people with Reichu's fanclub propaganda!--Trigger's Elysium sarcasm for the masses!

Defectron
Tentacle Girl
Tentacle Girl

•      
  •      

Postby Defectron » Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:20 pm

What next Adam and Eve? Anyone can come back.

Then that means PenPen and Kensuke are Cain and Abel!

But yeah Gendo actually kinda fits the image of Noah, except more evilish.
Parasite Galaxy: An experimental webcomic

http://www.parasitegalaxy.com/ Updates Monday and Thursday. Vote for me on top webcomics

If you want to support this comic buy something from me on amazon

Anonymous_Evafan
Minion
Minion

•      
  •      

Postby Anonymous_Evafan » Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:26 pm

Gendo wasn't evil, just obsessed.

Vegeta 20XX
XX0↊ ɐʇǝƃǝɅ

•      
  •      

Postby Vegeta 20XX » Sat Jul 19, 2008 6:26 am

Hmmm...Shun Goku Satsu time?

I'd probably spend a good chunk of the time in teh Eva throwing around Street Fighter II win quotes (During the "Merged with Rei" scene, push her off of you and say "You are not a warrior, you're a beginner!" When GNR is about to die, say "Get lost, you can't compare with my power!") Why SFII? Because thinking about Street Fighter protects you from being Mind Raped (Speaking of which, best way to defeat Arael is by using Akuma's Misogi)!!

EDIT: Why doesn't anyone ever think of killing Rei to stop Third Impact? I mean, come on. Also, the reason I packed this post with Street Fighter 2 references is because I was pumped after kicking Akuma's ass in SSF2T.

MassiveInvader
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby MassiveInvader » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:18 am

I would do more then just Masterbate above her comatose body. :nyao: :hint-hint:
I will respect your opinion if you respect mine.

Dream
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Dream » Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:01 pm

Pretty much the same things he did, but not sure if i would end up rejecting Instrumentality.
"Every line is a joy" -Kaworu Nagisa.

"Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm." - Ralph Waldo Emerson.

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:41 pm

"Let's go save Asuka!"

*spear*

" . . . oh." :shinji_boohoo:

Seriously, the MPEs were playing with her. Once she got close to a core they said "yeah, that's enough of that" and the spears came out. If Unit 01 had shown up earlier they would have cut the foreplay short and got on with the program, 'cause that's why they were there to begin with.

Re OP: I would probably do much the same as he did, since I doubt I could handle having my entire support network destroyed any better than he could. Past a certain point you just say "fuck it, I'm out".
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

Na7e
Bardiel
Bardiel

•      
  •      

Postby Na7e » Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:47 pm

Probably end up getting capped by the JSSDF mooks.

CJD
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby CJD » Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:34 pm

Uhhh... well try to get out and fight the MPE's I guess, but assuming Yui was like "No. Bakelite." until after Asuka died, and I got thrown the instrumentality choice, I'd choose instrumentality and stick with it. As I've said before, I think instrumentality would be a fine existence, preferable even.

Redtophat
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Redtophat » Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:46 pm

I would have went out to help Asuka during her fight with the MP evas. I would then return the world to how it originally was during HI.

Darkwing
Bardiel
Bardiel

•      
  •      

Postby Darkwing » Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:09 pm

After taking a look at a species that ended up with a consprecy like Seele running things, severly emotionally scarred indivuduals in charge of fighting for survival, dependent on putting mentally unstable children in in artificial gods... I'd probably decide it's time for the penguins to inherit the earth.
I'm not sure what I feel about Eva anymore, but I'm pretty sure I don't actually enjoy the series anymore.

CyberXIII
Bardiel
Bardiel

•      
  •      

Postby CyberXIII » Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:10 am

The one catch with a question like this is that the movie was nothing without the circumstances leading up to it. Do you just plonk down in the middle of that nightmare with no idea of what happened before, or do you carry all of your own knowledge with you?

In the former scenario you'd be gunned down in about five seconds.

In the latter...well, I don't know what I would do, but I would probably try my damnedest to get people to come back. Why?

Well, to quote William Felk:

"There are so many reasons to be pessimistic. As the stories in this magazine make clear this and every week, human beings are largely driven by the same primitive, tribal impulses that governed us in 10,000 B.C. We slaughter one another in appalling numbers. We're petty and selfish and shortsighted. We routinely fall prey to gobsmacking stupidity. And yet, whenever it has seemed darkest, heroes and geniuses and visionaries have stepped forward to awaken what's best in us, and we have continued on, a bit better than before. By 2100, the U.N. guesses, about 10 billion people will share the Earth. As financial advisers say, past performance doesn't guarantee future results, but my bet is that our species will be as busy as ever at century's end, and that the view from 30,000 feet will be more impressive still."

Sure, NERV's higher-ups may deserve whatever they get (ESPECIALLY Gendo, Ritsuko, and Fuyutsuki) but the lower ranked members and the pilots definitely don't. Neither do the rank and file members.
"Crapsack worlds and anti heroes have their place. Sometimes, they are very necessary. But an endless diet of dreary cyberpunk and dark fantasy won't do us any more favors than an endless feast of glurge. I'd argue that the cynical nature of these really hurt our ability to hope and work for better. It gets us to accept the hopelessness and jaded outlook of things as 'That's the way it is. I can't change it,' and stops us from fighting when we NEED to fight."

I am ask-shinji-ikari on tumblr.com. Feel free to ask me questions!

Sgt. Griff
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Sgt. Griff » Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:12 am

Grow a massive LCL penis and sex the hell out of GNR.

Just saiyan.
Leave Shinji alone

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:50 am

Once inside HIP, I'd ask Mom to pretttttty please give the planet back to Adam and her kids, then take us to another one where we can be reborn as giant naked Eva-looking god-people.

(Apologies if I already said this earlier in the thread.)
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

CJD
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby CJD » Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:00 am

I see what you did there.

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:04 am

Try and fight the harpies (if possible) regardless of how pointless it might be. Whatever Rei decides to go with, I'd then try and steer things towards an upload scenario much like EoTV hinted at. Ideally this would result in semi-communal mind networks composing an interior virtual space of consensual reality and conjointly governing a new godly gestalt form in exploring the multiverse, with individuals able to leave and rejoin the gestalt as desired in perfected bodies of their own design.

The angels can come along too if they promise to behave.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:54 am

View Original PostNemZ wrote:semi-communal mind networks composing an interior virtual space of consensual reality and conjointly governing a new godly gestalt form in exploring the multiverse

That's some pretty hard-core gobbledygook you've got going there. :p
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:07 am

I regret nothing. :emogendo:
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”