Eva Action Figures (including Rebuild) [1]

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
ArthurDayne
Embryo

Postby ArthurDayne » Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:53 pm

View Original PostRMZX wrote:I've heard that the Renewal ver. of XS-01 is actually a better sculpt than the XS-01, not a Renewal style recoloring.

Something about the hip joints on the classic XS-01 being garbage and the neck being too short.

That is actually true. However, the XS-01 I got is (I'm almost positive) a re-release based on the XS-01R sculpt, but with the XS-01 paint colors. The legs seem to be identical to all my others figures anyways (which are all the exact same mold as the XS-01). I have not noticed any joint weaknesses. Additionally, I acquired the XS-01 quite recently, so unless it was old stock that was found in a warehouse corner it seems quite likely to be a corrected re-release.

GasmaskAvenger
Re-Gyption Strut
Re-Gyption Strut

Postby GasmaskAvenger » Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:36 pm

View Original Postinsomniac wrote:I don't even use CDJapan for CDs, their shipping is so bloody expensive!

well you need to plunge down the extra moolah to get legit imports, so yeah
Satsuki Kiryuin wants you to turn that frown upside down...
My AU Evangelion Fanfic | My Street Fighter fanfic
XBOX Live: GasmaskAvenger | PSN: GasmaskAvenger
Official "Grindhouse of Evangelion" Discussion, Updates and Cast Sign Up Thread.

Electric Sachiel
Lilin
Lilin

Postby Electric Sachiel » Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:54 pm

View Original PostSailor Star Dust wrote:Also: I'm not sure if they're currently being sold or if it depends on the company, but which of those Eva-01 God Mode/Awakening figures is considered the "best" in terms of price/film accuracy/posing? Thanks!

You have really three choices when it comes to getting a Unit 01 Awakening figure. Do you want a diecast metal figure from Bandai's Evangelion SPEC line? [url]http://www.amiami.jp/shop/?set=english&vgForm=ProductInfo&sku=TOY-RBT-0935&template=default/product/e_display.html[/url]

COST: 5300 yen

OR

Go with either the Revoltech Unit 01 Awakening -cost 2300 yen

OR

You could also wait until June 2011 to get the newly announced Bandai Robot Damashi Awakening Unit 01. Cost: 3990 yen. (must get through middleman or ebay)-PROMO

As to which one is most film accurate? Its a toss between the Revoltech and Robot Damashi. Both figures have negative things about their sculpt that i dont quite like. Which one is more articulate? Probably a toss up between the diecast bandai SPEC Eva and the Robot Damashi Eva.

The decision is yours but as of now these are the candidates that you should be considering.

insomniac
Shamshel
Shamshel

Postby insomniac » Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:58 pm

View Original PostGasmaskAvenger wrote:well you need to plunge down the extra moolah to get legit imports, so yeah

I usually just go straight to Yesasia for my imported CDs, it's just cheaper with the free shipping. In the past, I'd have to buy 4 albums from CDJapan/HMV Japan in one go in order for it to break even in price.

visionfactory
Lilith

Postby visionfactory » Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:05 pm

There is no free shipping to my country on YesAsia so I buy CDs with Cdjapan instead. I've ordered 3 times with YesAsia, having problems with 2 orders :/

insomniac
Shamshel
Shamshel

Postby insomniac » Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:15 pm

That's fair enough, forgot that it wasn't available to all countries.

I hope the chest piece for the RD is easier to exchange than the one for the SPEC figures.

As for the Awakening Version, the 3 options available offer very different things.

Revoltech: Good price and availability. It was basically half price on HLJ for the longest time (not sure if it still is). It's a pretty good deal for what you're paying for, especially since this one doesn't melt.

SPEC: Nice and big, very sturdy, great display piece. But probably the least accurate version. The mouth also doesn't open wide enough.

RD: The most accurate version of the NME Evas. The ultimate posable figure. If you're critical on realistic posing, this is the one you'd want to get.

Eva 04
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

Postby Eva 04 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:41 pm

Wow. They're finally doing a Robot Damashii of Eva 01 awakening mode. Wonder what took them so long. One complaint though. The eye's. They look like they were just painted. Arent they going for a more movie version look?

jota
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby jota » Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:58 am

View Original PostElectric Sachiel wrote:OR

You could also wait until June 2011 to get the newly announced Bandai Robot Damashi Awakening Unit 01. Cost: 3990 yen. (must get through middleman or ebay)-PROMO

Again, does anyone know where can I pre-order it right now, or other middleman services that surely will be preordering this figure soon? I'm really in love with this figure, and it's not THAT expensive, I mean if I get it from tokyohunter for example, it'll be something like 8000 yen, which is not SO expensive at all.

bladerj
Lilin
Lilin

Postby bladerj » Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:13 am

View Original PostEva 04 wrote:Wow. They're finally doing a Robot Damashii of Eva 01 awakening mode. Wonder what took them so long. One complaint though. The eye's. They look like they were just painted. Arent they going for a more movie version look?

Are you kidding me ? the eye is new mold, like they added a blob or something over it.
ANATA BAKA !?

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby SEELE-01 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:49 pm

I was expecting more from RD concerning the eyes of a Released Eva 01 (after seeing the clear eye of Eva 00)...
Visit my Eva-figures Youtube channel!

shaneva002
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

Postby shaneva002 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:48 pm

Tokyohunter and Yokatta might take a few days before they open preorders for it.Dont worry though they will,and both services are legit ive personally ordered once through tokyohunter and twice through yokatta and never been burned.

Edit:Here Jota its open on yokatta for 5200yen
If you ordered RD 00 or 03 from them its 4,850 yen
[url]http://yokattaweb.jp/store/preorder/141-robot-damashii-unit-01-awakening.html[/url]

Im not into varients much(cept 02) so ill be passing on this one.
Internet elitists suck,ya you know who you are.

jota
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby jota » Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:31 pm

View Original Postshaneva002 wrote:Tokyohunter and Yokatta might take a few days before they open preorders for it.Dont worry though they will,and both services are legit ive personally ordered once through tokyohunter and twice through yokatta and never been burned.

Edit:Here Jota its open on yokatta for 5200yen
If you ordered RD 00 or 03 from them its 4,850 yen
[url]http://yokattaweb.jp/store/preorder/141-robot-damashii-unit-01-awakening.html[/url]

Im not into varients much(cept 02) so ill be passing on this one.

Man thanks a lot. I'll wait for the response from tokyohunter to decide where to get mine, I wish I had ordered one of the other figures with Yakkata to have the discount right now. But something I'm in doubt, this 5200 yen is just the figure right, Or shipping is included?

EDIT:

Tokyohunter is already taking preorders. 5500 yen. I'll contact both of them to know about shipping prices.

Who's the best, I mean, I never got anything from them, so I'm in doubt, Who hasthe best service, or both of them are equivallent?

Electric Sachiel
Lilin
Lilin

Postby Electric Sachiel » Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:41 pm

View Original Postarael wrote:I was expecting more from RD concerning the eyes of a Released Eva 01 (after seeing the clear eye of Eva 00)...

Yeah i was a bit disappointed too with the new RD Awakening Eva. Maybe some new reflective paint to simulate glowing eyes would have been nice? Or glow in the dark paint? Meh....theres only so much you can do with a small head sculpt like that though....

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby SEELE-01 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:44 pm

View Original PostElectric Sachiel wrote:Meh....theres only so much you can do with a small head sculpt like that though....

I can think on a lot of things to do whith heads :D

Ps. Just finished the new drawing of the blog, Eva 03 and 04 [Tv] featured!

insomniac
Shamshel
Shamshel

Postby insomniac » Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:48 pm

I don't see anything wrong with painting on the eyes as such, using clear parts will just make it end up look dull and inaccurate. (Unless it lights up, which is unrealistic, Bandai has done it before, and the result is no neck articulation.)

It's the same reason they don't use clear parts for the eyes of smaller Gundam figures, it just doesn't stand out.

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby SEELE-01 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:58 pm

I meat something more...
I mean, they outdid Eva 00 Revo with the clear eye [and missiled, and gatling gun and extra arms]...
I thought that the eyes and/or arm of a RD Eva 01 Released would be something to really look up to, I mean, I think that designers could think of many ways of enhancing those parts...
The arm looks kinda simple when compared to the Revo one...

Now, when it comes to accesories, the 3D cubic AT field is something really cool. The exposed core too.
But then again...
It's an excluuuusive :whistle:

insomniac
Shamshel
Shamshel

Postby insomniac » Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:22 pm

I just pre-ordered mine from this guy whose email is
SPOILER: Show
for 5,000 Y.

Even though I got my Eva-00 off Yokatta, I'm sticking with this guy, since he ships out much faster and packs things better.

bladerj
Lilin
Lilin

Postby bladerj » Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:21 pm

If it bothers you guys so much just buy the paint and do a make over. i say the eyes are okay, even it the painting was fluorescent it would only work in the dark, so why bother ?
ANATA BAKA !?

Eva 04
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

Postby Eva 04 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:21 pm

View Original Postbladerj wrote:Are you kidding me ? the eye is new mold, like they added a blob or something over it.

I'm not talking about the mold. The eye's look pink and white. In the movie,Eva 01's eye's were completely red. I would think since people think the Robot Damishii Eva's resemble their movie counter parts really well,the eye's would of matched. I might be being too nit picky or whatever but it would of been nice to be a little more accurate.

macrochaos
Lilith

Postby macrochaos » Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:58 pm

View Original Postinsomniac wrote:Revoltech: Good price and availability. It was basically half price on HLJ for the longest time (not sure if it still is). It's a pretty good deal for what you're paying for, especially since this one doesn't melt.

Yup still on sale for 1600 yen

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”