Good Evangelion games?

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
cojax8
Lilith

Good Evangelion games?

•      
  •      

Postby cojax8 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:59 pm

I got GFOS a while back and played it all the way through and I enjoyed it, I got GFOS2 recently and played that all the way through and enjoyed it too, so, my question is. What are some good Eva games in your opinions?
As I said before I’ve played GFOS1 and two and enjoyed them, I’m going through SIRP right now and, for the most part, seem to be enjoying it, so games along that line would be nice. The recommended games would have to be able to play on my comp, as the translation program I’m using doesn’t run on the psp, I’ve heard that psp games can be played on the comp, I would just need to figure out how too, and before I do, I would like some recommendations as to what games I should get.
A man should not strive to eliminate his complexes, but to get into accord with them; they are legitimately what directs his conduct in the world. -Sigmund Freud
We are never so defenseless against suffering as when we love, never so forlornly unhappy as when we have lost our love object or its love. -Sigmund Freud
If someone offered you a pill that would make you permanently happy, you would be well advised to run fast and run far. Emotion is a compass that tells us what to do, and a compass that is perpetually stuck on NORTH is worthless. - Daniel Gilbert

Rock-Slash
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby Rock-Slash » Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:59 am

Evangelion 64, is the only Eva game that I actually liked, you'll need a N64 emulator.

GVman
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby GVman » Thu Dec 24, 2009 10:26 pm

Does anyone know anything about the ones on the Saturn?

scarmullet
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby scarmullet » Thu Dec 24, 2009 11:45 pm

Ok, lets do some classifications, just because it is on a game console, does not make it a game

The only Eva GAMES I have played were

Eva 64 and Battle Orchestra. The rest seem to be simulators ie dating sims and such.

Why cant EVA games come out in the US or atleast Europe.
Me and my Droogs.
http://www.youtube.com/user/scarmulletpart2
Serindip LLC are Nazis!!!!

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Fri Dec 25, 2009 3:05 am

Eva2 for PS2 and PSP (you know, the game with the CI? Anyway, it mixes battles/real world simulator/RPG/dating & raising sim) is the best, hands-down. PSP port especially. ^_^
Last edited by Sailor Star Dust on Fri Dec 25, 2009 3:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

AVman9
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby AVman9 » Fri Dec 25, 2009 3:07 am

Eva64 is excellent because it actually follows the story of the TV series.

I do enjoy a good rumble with my friends on Battle Orchestra now and then, although the EVAs are a tad small when compared to their surroundings in that game.
Take a wild guess at what the AV means....
Adult Video? -The Eva Monkey

You raise the blade...
You make the change...
You rearrange me 'till I'm sane...

Holy Diver
Armisael
Armisael

•      
  •      

Postby Holy Diver » Sat Dec 26, 2009 10:10 pm

I also want to get an Eva game or two, but I'm slighly put off by the thought of having to read moonrunes and the whole region lockout issue. I have a friend that ordered the Gundam game Operation Troy off the internet. The fact that he spent $50+shipping on it and that it was not compatable with his X-box 360, was probably the biggest (gaming related) dissapointment in his life.
Deus Io Vult! (God wills it!)
"Get your ass in gear!" Asuka

"Catdog has an S2 engine in his stomach. He does not need to eat, and whatever he does eat is reacted with antimatter to provide endless energy." Ruthlessly stolen from anon.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sat Dec 26, 2009 11:07 pm

There's not region lock-out with PSPs to play any of the games, hint hint. >_>

Also, there is such a thing as walkthroughs for games, though depending on the game it can only help so much, yeah.

LordCaldwell
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby LordCaldwell » Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:51 pm

Will any games ever be released in english?
Lord C.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:57 pm

So far they haven't been, so personally I doubt it although I guess time will tell.

GVman
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby GVman » Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:58 pm

If Sakura Wars V is being given a release, anything is possible.

MisatoCrush
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby MisatoCrush » Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:32 am

Sorry to dig up this old thread but I'd like some input from the experts...you! ^^

I'm really pining/yearning to see some shipping scenarios happen in a video game.
Are there any role playing games or similar things where Shinji Asuka Misato and Rei interact and possibly go on dates and stuff?

Like, basically, them involved in happy non-fighting scenarios? Or at least not focused on fighting the whole time?
I watched the Neon Genesis Evangelion TV show and films for the 1st time in January 2014. Heartbreakingly sad but so beautiful too. I'm here to discuss theories about what happened in the show.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:02 pm

If you want a game where the characters can go on dates/interact normally and includes Angel-Eva battles too, I recommend this:

View Original PostSailor Star Dust wrote:Eva2 for PS2 and PSP (you know, the game with the CI? Anyway, it mixes battles/real world simulator/RPG/dating & raising sim) is the best, hands-down. PSP port especially. ^_^

http://wiki.evageeks.org/Neon_Genesis_Evangelion_2

Reichu's Let's Play/random clips here: http://www.youtube.com/user/Reichu

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”