Ramiel

For serious and at times in-depth discussions only, covering the original TV series, the movies End of Evangelion and Death & Rebirth.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
Space Penis
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Space Penis » Fri Sep 16, 2005 1:25 pm

Wouldn't it make more sense for Isarafel to not be an Angel that splits in two, but rather two Angels that can merge into one? Like Iruel, only with a smaller number and with bigger parts. That would explain it having two cores when in singular form.

OMF wrote:On the subject of Rei's core. Are we sure she doesn't have one? What about Kaworu? What was powering both of their AT Fields?

The first time I watched EoE, I thought that was the reason she suddenly shivered as Gendo was moving his hand down- Adam was in contact with her core. His hand would be a bit low thougj, if hers was in the same place as an Eva's. :?
Tell me, is something eluding you, sunshine?
Is this not what you expected to see?
If you wanna find out what's behind these cold eyes
You'll just have to claw your way through this disguise!

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Fri Sep 16, 2005 4:08 pm

ObsessiveMathsFreak wrote:On the subject of Rei's core. Are we sure she doesn't have one? What about Kaworu? What was powering both of their AT Fields?

Why would they? Their forms (the genetic structure) are that of humans -- it's the matter composing them that is different. Lilith doesn't have a core (if you notice, humanoid Angels have a visible core emerging from the solar plexus, without exception), so why would any of the lifeforms derived from her blood -- Rei included? If Kaworu and Rei utilize the blueprint of the coreless Homo sapiens, it seems logical that they would lack the core; whereas Evas, based on the blueprint of Adam, do have cores. It's been suggested that "Angel Stuff" is what gives Angels and Evas all their neat abilities. This accounts for why Shogouki, with her human soul and lack of S^2 (pre-#19), can still kick the crap out of anyone who fucks with her. :P Kaworu and Rei are made from this matter as well, so that accounts for their Magic Powers.

SpacePenis wrote:Wouldn't it make more sense for Isarafel to not be an Angel that splits in two, but rather two Angels that can merge into one? Like Iruel, only with a smaller number and with bigger parts. That would explain it having two cores when in singular form.

No no no. That's only in Sadamoto's version. The anime Israfel -- the only one that concerns us here -- has one core that splits into two and then fuses again when vis two halves merge. I mentioned the Sadamoto Israfel just to note that he seems to be in the "two Angels in one" camp, which is one place where I think he actually got it right. :P
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Zuggy
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Zuggy » Wed Sep 28, 2005 4:04 pm

Find 'Duff Beer Dragon' yourself. Deleted.

Return to “Evangelion TV Series + EoE Discussion”