EoE- before the beginning, what is it this video?

For serious and at times in-depth discussions only, covering the original TV series, the movies End of Evangelion and Death & Rebirth.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

EoE- before the beginning, what is it this video?

•      
  •      

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Fri Aug 12, 2005 3:24 pm

I started to talk about this video in this topic:[url]http://evageeks.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=418&start=30[/url], but I prefer to open a topic about this.
Thisi is the video: [url]http://www.megaupload.com/?d=31UBGDIX[/url] (tell me if you can't download it). What do you think is it?
P.S.: since I'm here in Eva Monkey I'm discovering many interesting things about evangelion, it's really the ultimate evangelion resource XD!
EDIT: why are there this spaces in the first sentence?

Machinehead
Embryo

Re: EoE- before the beginning, what is it this video?

•      
  •      

Postby Machinehead » Fri Aug 12, 2005 3:45 pm

Hyper Shinchan wrote:I started to talk about this video in this topic:[url]http://evageeks.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=418&start=30[/url], but I prefer to open a topic about this.
Thisi is the video: [url]http://www.megaupload.com/?d=31UBGDIX[/url] (tell me if you can't download it). What do you think is it?
P.S.: since I'm here in Eva Monkey I'm discovering many interesting things about evangelion, it's really the ultimate evangelion resource XD!
EDIT: why are there this spaces in the first sentence?

Ah! Won't load...

MUST SEE VIDEO.

Is the 15 minute live action video? If so, nevermind. XD
Art is not the world. Art is in our hearts.

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

•      
  •      

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Fri Aug 12, 2005 3:57 pm

It's not 15 minutes, it's less than 2 minutes and it's befre the beginning of the movie.
AA was thinking that it's a trailer of Love&Pop, I've nrever seen it, but it can be, I don't know.
You have to wait 45 seconds before to download the video and after that you have to click on the written in high. Doesn'it work? I've try it and it works. if still doesn't it work tell me, I will re-upload the video.
As I said in the other topic I'm quite sure that you ahve seen this video, it's also in the trailers of the panini's disk, so I think that it's just a strange trailer.

Machinehead
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Machinehead » Fri Aug 12, 2005 4:56 pm

Hyper Shinchan wrote:It's not 15 minutes, it's less than 2 minutes and it's befre the beginning of the movie.
AA was thinking that it's a trailer of Love&Pop, I've nrever seen it, but it can be, I don't know.
You have to wait 45 seconds before to download the video and after that you have to click on the written in high. Doesn'it work? I've try it and it works. if still doesn't it work tell me, I will re-upload the video.
As I said in the other topic I'm quite sure that you ahve seen this video, it's also in the trailers of the panini's disk, so I think that it's just a strange trailer.

It keeps saying "Loading Download" and doesn't do anything.

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

•      
  •      

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Fri Aug 12, 2005 5:00 pm

I'm uploading it on You send it, I hope that it will work.....

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

•      
  •      

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Fri Aug 12, 2005 5:22 pm

[url]http://s38.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0I7DMB86BFLF62O1NUI9ISQ6IK[/url]
this one works, I hope.

Machinehead
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Machinehead » Fri Aug 12, 2005 5:48 pm

Hyper Shinchan wrote:[url]http://s38.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0I7DMB86BFLF62O1NUI9ISQ6IK[/url]
this one works, I hope.

Thanks for hosting it.

It's just a trailer...With clips from the 15 minute live action video. Nothing new here.

Hexon.Arq
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Hexon.Arq » Fri Aug 12, 2005 6:07 pm

IIRC, this is a "trailer" made from video that was shot by Anno with the intention of being included in EoE as an extended sequence illustrating a world without Shinji Ikari. (The approximate plaecment of this sequence would have been right around the area where actual live footage is included in the film). The women you see are actually understood to be Rei, Asuka, I think Ritsuko, and I think Touji pops up in there... if not there, then in the original segment from which this trailer was made. There would have been something about Asuka and Touji going out, Rei working with Ritsuko... or something completely different from what I'm remembering--I don't know. Anyway, the idea was scrapped, and instead replaced with a shorter montage of live footage of things like swings, trains, a cat, the anime versions of the girls in the real world, a movie theater, etc.

Someone else probably knows the reason why the change was made, if it was for any reason other than (good) artistic sensibility. (That original "alternate universe" idea probably would have ruined the entire film.)

_you can't do anything, so don't even try
_get some help
_don't do what sonic does

drinian
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby drinian » Fri Aug 12, 2005 6:54 pm

[url]http://www.evaotaku.com/html/liveaction.html[/url] has the information on the cut Live Action sequence. I believe EM has a copy of it stashed somewhere as well -- it was included on the Eva Renewal DVDs in Japan, I believe.

But what you're seeing is just a trailer.

Ryo
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby Ryo » Fri Aug 12, 2005 7:41 pm

Like, tah-daah.

[url]http://www.evamonkey.com/End.of.Evangelion.-.Alternate.Live.Action.Sequence.EN_V2.%5BRLP%5D.avi[/url]
Asuka > Rei

AchtungAffen
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby AchtungAffen » Fri Aug 12, 2005 9:03 pm

The video I meant as the other trailer that I saw on my video version of EOE was of a little girl running and the BGM was another Bach song, not on Eva dyscography, whose name I will only get when I listen again to my collection of Hopkinson Smith's Bach in Lute CD's.

I just tried to make a rip of that part of the video, but the CD (which is like 5 years old) doesn't want to copy it. Does anybody know of a good program to copy files from a damaged CD? This media is so short lived... can't trust it anymore.
"Oh, Constantine! To how many evils origin was given, not by your conversion to Christianity, but by the dowry which from you received the first Pope that was rich!" - Dante
How can you expect to live in a Republic when you don't care about the res-publica?
"The gun, in all its forms, was the epochal tool of white male supremacy, which is why it continues to have irrational appeal. As much as the jack-booted hate Jews and blacks, that much they love their guns." - James Carrol
My List @ AniDB

- Original activist against the lockers-that-be -

drinian
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby drinian » Fri Aug 12, 2005 9:11 pm

AchtungAffen wrote:The video I meant as the other trailer that I saw on my video version of EOE was of a little girl running and the BGM was another Bach song, not on Eva dyscography, whose name I will only get when I listen again to my collection of Hopkinson Smith's Bach in Lute CD's.

Ah, I think that's the trailer for Love & Pop, which was a live-action film Hideaki Anno made about teenage "subsidized dating."

In fact, here's a thread I participated in a few years ago on Japan.anime.evangelion discussing the same thing:

[url]http://groups.google.com/group/Japan.anime.evangelion/browse_thread/thread/20730599a84a198a/b5f0b23f5fc7e186?q=love+%26+pop&rnum=1#b5f0b23f5fc7e186[/url]

And a link to the Love & Pop trailer for comparison:
[url]http://www.evaotaku.com/Anno/loveandpop3.html[/url]

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

•      
  •      

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Sat Aug 13, 2005 11:10 am

Thanks to everyone, so it's a trailler of the cutted live action sequence.
I agree with Drinian, maybe it's the videoclip#1 (but the file it's L&P5.rm), the music in the background is "Partita III für Violino solo E-dur, BWV.1006 3.Gavotte in Rondo", at least I think, it's on Death&Rebirth OST, but I'm not sure, i'm not an expert of classical (but I love it).

TheBlueTree
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby TheBlueTree » Sat Aug 13, 2005 11:49 am

Hexon.Arq wrote:IIRC, this is a "trailer" made from video that was shot by Anno with the intention of being included in EoE as an extended sequence illustrating a world without Shinji Ikari. (The approximate plaecment of this sequence would have been right around the area where actual live footage is included in the film). The women you see are actually understood to be Rei, Asuka, I think Ritsuko, and I think Touji pops up in there... if not there, then in the original segment from which this trailer was made. There would have been something about Asuka and Touji going out, Rei working with Ritsuko... or something completely different from what I'm remembering--I don't know. Anyway, the idea was scrapped, and instead replaced with a shorter montage of live footage of things like swings, trains, a cat, the anime versions of the girls in the real world, a movie theater, etc.

Someone else probably knows the reason why the change was made, if it was for any reason other than (good) artistic sensibility. (That original "alternate universe" idea probably would have ruined the entire film.)

I KNEW IT!!! i could have sworn one of them was so Asuka! and the one pikeing her..."items" off the hanger clipy thingy was so Misato, i think the one crying on the toilet could be a broken down Asuka too lol.

AchtungAffen
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby AchtungAffen » Sat Aug 13, 2005 1:03 pm

Yep, the video I meant had the Gavotta in Rondeau. I'm still downloading real media alternative to watch them. BTW, nobody still can recommend me a program to get data from a damaged CD? I could try to make another version in AVI of that clip.
"Oh, Constantine! To how many evils origin was given, not by your conversion to Christianity, but by the dowry which from you received the first Pope that was rich!" - Dante
How can you expect to live in a Republic when you don't care about the res-publica?
"The gun, in all its forms, was the epochal tool of white male supremacy, which is why it continues to have irrational appeal. As much as the jack-booted hate Jews and blacks, that much they love their guns." - James Carrol
My List @ AniDB

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

•      
  •      

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Sat Aug 13, 2005 1:43 pm

Well, you can try to use another CD-reader or you can try to make a copy with alcohol 120% with the damaged CD settings, but I'm not sure that it will work... any other suggestions?
P.S.: but what is it your CD? a VCD?

AchtungAffen
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby AchtungAffen » Sat Aug 13, 2005 5:13 pm

It's a regular CDR. I tried two readers but won't work, cyclic redundancy error. I'll try alcohol then.
My List @ AniDB

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

•      
  •      

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Sat Aug 13, 2005 7:23 pm

Try the safedisc settings and burn the image in DAO/SAO mode, but if you're not able to play the CD it will hard to make a copy..... but just try it (it's better that you use a CD-RW).

Soluzar
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby Soluzar » Sat Aug 13, 2005 7:47 pm

Tips for using Alcohol 120% are not technically on topic for the Eva Discussion forum, gentlemen & ladies. Please try to stay on topic. I can always move or split your threads if you ask me.

Tempt not the Biscuit's Modly Finger of Justice. I'm considering locking this down if it doesn't get back on topic. If it does, I may have to remove a few posts.
Natsukashii, ne?

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

•      
  •      

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Sat Aug 13, 2005 7:57 pm

I'm sorry, I will say to EM to give you a medal! I'm joking, i'm joking
(but there are also off topics that last from weeks.....).
Next time I will use PM.....

Return to “Evangelion TV Series + EoE Discussion”