Your favorite scene in Evangelion?

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

Barinax
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby Barinax » Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:33 am

Ok, I realized there are too many scenes I like and I don't feel like going through them all.

asukafan11
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby asukafan11 » Sat Jan 24, 2009 3:01 pm

probably the scene with miasto when she tries to touch Shinji.
then, when kaworu touches Shinji.
"See, your problem is since your cute, no one tells you to shut up."
"You think i'm cute?"
"SHUT UP!"

Eternally Lost Zeppo
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Eternally Lost Zeppo » Sun Jan 25, 2009 12:33 pm

Any one of the mindfuck sequences, especially the one in episode 16 between Shinji and 'himself'.

Also, the end of the fight with Shamshel, and Shinji ripping into Zeruel before the power ran out.
"There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."

"I'm telling you, Teal'c, if we don't find a way out of this soon I'm gonna lose it. Lose it - it means go crazy, nuts, insane bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a happy meal, WACKO!"

Joseph the PRPD
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Joseph the PRPD » Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:38 pm

Rei II's death scene.
Last edited by Joseph the PRPD on Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cheese wheel in the U.S. Coast Guard.

Gamer_2k4
Israfel
Israfel

•      
  •      

Postby Gamer_2k4 » Sun Jan 25, 2009 2:11 pm

Joseph the PRPD wrote:I enjoyed Rei II's mental rape and unit-00 explosion scene enjoyable.
Does that make me a bad guy?

I like the latter one too, but I assume for a completely different reason. The show doesn't do the scene justice, IMO (even the director's cut), but the manga does a great job of conveying Rei's feelings and emotions. She desperately wants to be with Shinji, to love him, to "become one with him"; she essentially wants Shinji all for herself, and the angel confronts her with that. Ultimately, Rei recognizes her feelings and overcomes them, and in an incredible act of selflessness, allows herself to die alone rather than taking Shinji with her.

Plus Kaworu has a chainsaw! =D

If you want to read it:
http://www.onemanga.com/Neon_Genesis_Evangelion/64/04/

Actually, I like Rei a lot more in the manga. She seems more expressive, and, to be honest, more human. Here's another scene that I found really moving. Look at her eyes in the left panel.

EDIT:
Speaking of the manga, I've got another great scene from there.
http://people.msoe.edu/~brayshaj/files/NGE/Evangelion%20-%20Vol08%20Stage54%20-%20pg%20125.jpg
http://people.msoe.edu/~brayshaj/files/NGE/Evangelion%20-%20Vol08%20Stage54%20-%20pg%20126.jpg
http://people.msoe.edu/~brayshaj/files/NGE/Evangelion%20-%20Vol08%20Stage54%20-%20pg%20127.jpg
http://people.msoe.edu/~brayshaj/files/NGE/Evangelion%20-%20Vol08%20Stage54%20-%20pg%20128.jpg

I like Rei. Does it show? >_>
Gamer_2k4

HENRCAST
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby HENRCAST » Sun Jan 25, 2009 3:49 pm

I think its the montage scene when Shinji and Asuka are training to defeat the Angel in episode 9.

Guyver Spawn
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Guyver Spawn » Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:55 pm

I like a lot of scenes but my main favorite would be when Rei smiles warmly at Shinji Ikari after Operation Yashima ends.

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:56 pm

Ep19, not the Zeruel fight but Shinji's confrontation with Gendo just before it. It's the closest Shinji ever comes to actually living up to the heroic role in which he's been cast. He's finally willing to fight not because he is told to but because it's what he wants to do, even if he has to face his father again in the process.

...Though his epic suckerpunch-through-the-wall scene was rather badass too. :grin:

There's a nice echo of that in ep22 when he yells at Gendo to let him go help Asuka, but he totally deflates afterwards and never gets back on track.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

Gib
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Gib » Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:07 pm

Episode 25 Tv. Everything. The Third Impact from the eyes of a tribe of psychotics.

Psychodrama
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Psychodrama » Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:34 pm

-The montage in episode 9 showing Asuka and Shinji growing closer before the angel battle, and the actual battle afterwards.

-Asuka's Mind Rape.

As for EoE:

-Asuka fighting the MP Evas, then getting defeated.

-Shinji's reaction to the mangled Unit-02.

-The Instrumentality bit, especially the moments with Shinji and Asuka.

-The ending.

All of those moments trigger great emotion in me; I love it.

CyberXIII
Bardiel
Bardiel

CMOA

•      
  •      

Postby CyberXIII » Wed May 20, 2009 10:17 pm

What was the greatest Crowning Moment of Awesome for you? In other words, what scene in Evangelion was so awesome you actually wanted to cheer for the characters concerned?

For me, it was Shinji asswhooping Zeruel. After all the whining Shinji had done in the previous episodes, including the Idiot Ball moment in EP18, that moment, in my eyes, made up for all of it. Well, most of it...
"Crapsack worlds and anti heroes have their place. Sometimes, they are very necessary. But an endless diet of dreary cyberpunk and dark fantasy won't do us any more favors than an endless feast of glurge. I'd argue that the cynical nature of these really hurt our ability to hope and work for better. It gets us to accept the hopelessness and jaded outlook of things as 'That's the way it is. I can't change it,' and stops us from fighting when we NEED to fight."

I am ask-shinji-ikari on tumblr.com. Feel free to ask me questions!

Guyver Spawn
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Guyver Spawn » Wed May 20, 2009 10:30 pm

The battle against Sachiel.
Xbox live gamertag: Guyver Spawn 27
PSN: Hellspawn28

schismatics
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby schismatics » Wed May 20, 2009 11:22 pm

1 - Asuka getting owned by Zeruel

2 - Every scene that contained someone doing a Gendo pose :thumbsup:

3 - Shinji holding Kaworu in his hand for the UNGODLY amount of time

4 - When Huga (spelling?), Maya and Aoba get turned into Tang

Fast Tony DeNiro
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Fast Tony DeNiro » Wed May 20, 2009 11:31 pm

Aoba screaming bloody murder as he gets tanged all alone with no one to love. Everyone else sees what they desire most and he just goes out screaming.

Asuka's last battle was pretty cool.

When Rei blew herself up. Oh man that was heavy right there.

And the scene in my avatar. I just like watching them be normal around each other talking about nothing really, without Asuka yelling or having to battle anything.

Fazmotron
Admin Emeritus :-{|
Admin Emeritus :-{|

•      
  •      

Postby Fazmotron » Thu May 21, 2009 2:06 am

Episode 16, Unit 01 bursting out of Leliel with "The Beast II" playing in the background.

So FUCKING AWESOME.
[Became a moderator on August 14th, 2011. Became an administrator on September 7th, 2013.]
--Fazmotron--
A.K.A. - Ryan Farrell
How Chaz sees me.
BobBQ - I find your lack of :-{| disturbing.

FAZMOTRON.com

schismatics
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby schismatics » Thu May 21, 2009 8:02 am

Fazmotron wrote:Episode 16, Unit 01 bursting out of Leliel with "The Beast II" playing in the background.

So FUCKING AWESOME.

That's a great scene too...scared the hell outta me the first time I seen it. :scared:

TheLobe
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby TheLobe » Thu May 21, 2009 8:43 am

after Asuka's been mind raped, and is sitting in the taped off area. I like the use of colour.

oOoOoOo
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby oOoOoOo » Thu May 21, 2009 12:50 pm

It is funny you mention that, because I realized the series was "different" the first time I saw Eva-01 go berserk. Looking back on it, I'd hardly qualify it as the most awesome moment in the show, but at the time I totally wasn't expecting it (since I had a bad opinion of mecha in general).

The moment that made me decide to purchase the "Platinum" DVD box set was Asuka's mental breakdown where she screams like a cat in a blender. To be fair, I'm not sure how that'd actually sound, but you know what I mean. >_>

Those two scenes, a sort of combination of drama/action and psychological made me realize I'd enjoy rewatching the series over and over again. I guess they qualify as "CMOA"... hehe.

EDIT: Ever since this post was moved from another thread, it is no longer entirely valid. Neither of the above are my "favourite" scene. My favourite scene would be Asuka fighting the Eva Series after her epiphany.
~ O-chan is soooo 2D right now.

TheLobe
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby TheLobe » Fri May 22, 2009 8:33 am

Mine probably would be to if that hadn't been when I noticed Asukas eva didn't look quite as awesome anymore.

Zaiku
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby Zaiku » Fri May 22, 2009 8:58 am

Asuka's fight scene with the MP Evas hands down. The lead up to it, out of how she turned from vegetable into an ass-kicking machine... Oh yeah, that scene fucking blew me away.
For the love of everything... Watch this video: Give it 5 stars and leave a comment. Even, subscribe... Maybe? Well, I'd appreciate it. >_>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RiBcbfvcE6c
"I did it for the lulz." ~Me: on everything

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”