Go Hikari!

Notable old Evangelion threads from the AnimeNation Forums are preserved here.

Moderators: Monk Ed, Ornette

PronsAmuro [ANF]
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby PronsAmuro [ANF] » Thu Dec 18, 2008 8:47 pm

Takumi wrote:I hereby declare you, Rachel K. Clark, an Enemy of the State and a Terrorist under National Law, for attempting to drive the citizens of this forum insane with depictions of naked Evangelion Units. This is a severe Act of Terrorism which must be halted.

As of now, the Naked Eva Movement is a Terrorist Organization, charged with Acts of Terrorism and harboring Enemies of the State. Proceed with Caution.

Yes, and the evas are robots.

Proof? The opening credits list "Mecha Designer".

Originally posted on: 04-Sep-2005, 11:49 GMT

PronsAmuro [ANF]
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby PronsAmuro [ANF] » Thu Dec 18, 2008 8:47 pm

Dr. Nick wrote:Image

MYSPACE THE VIDEO GAME

Originally posted on: 04-Sep-2005, 11:50 GMT

Treize X [ANF]
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby Treize X [ANF] » Thu Dec 18, 2008 8:47 pm

PronsAmuro wrote:MYSPACE THE VIDEO GAME

ROFL!! Image

Originally posted on: 04-Sep-2005, 12:40 GMT

Reichu [ANF]
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu [ANF] » Thu Dec 18, 2008 8:47 pm

Did you know that the Evangelions are Weapons of Mass Destruction?

Originally posted on: 04-Sep-2005, 14:55 GMT

Mr. Tines [ANF]
Bardiel
Bardiel

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines [ANF] » Thu Dec 18, 2008 8:48 pm

This makes more sense than Sadamoto's idea as to what went on between episodes 19 and 20...

Originally posted on: 04-Sep-2005, 17:55 GMT

Magami No ER [ANF]
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Magami No ER [ANF] » Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:12 pm

^That's great. Image
Oh, and Rei II's more robotic then bousou Evas ever were.

Originally posted on: 04-Sep-2005, 19:25 GMT

sikyon [ANF]
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby sikyon [ANF] » Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:13 pm

ROFLOL!!!!

That was HILLARIOUS!!!

Originally posted on: 04-Sep-2005, 21:19 GMT

Goldarmy [ANF]
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Goldarmy [ANF] » Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:13 pm

Mr. Tines wrote:This makes more sense than Sadamoto's idea as to what went on between episodes 19 and 20...

Why does it make more sense? It is just funny.

Originally posted on: 04-Sep-2005, 21:36 GMT

Mr. Tines [ANF]
Bardiel
Bardiel

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines [ANF] » Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:13 pm

Goldarmy wrote:Why does it make more sense?

Because that's one of the bits where Sadamoto's ad-lib fails to suspend my disbelief.

In other news - I don't know if this doujin cover is related to the Avemarian OP, but it looks like

Originally posted on: 04-Sep-2005, 22:34 GMT

K2Grey [ANF]
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby K2Grey [ANF] » Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:13 pm

That ep19-20 comic was hilarious Image The drawing was pretty nice too.

You think Yui likes bananas?

Originally posted on: 04-Sep-2005, 22:36 GMT

Treize X [ANF]
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby Treize X [ANF] » Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:13 pm

I have got to find some of these Marimite/Eva doujin [I sense a sneaky bit of yuri in it somewhere].

Nice pictar...I must say, I do like that better than what Sadamoto did. Image

And of course, the Marimite thing is staggeringly beautiful. It hlps that there's all girls on it, LOL.

Originally posted on: 04-Sep-2005, 22:56 GMT

Reichu [ANF]
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu [ANF] » Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:13 pm

Why are all these people crossing Marimite and NGE, anyway?

Re: the 19/20 interim, I think the most likely possibility is [indecent]they lured Yui into the Cage with a giant sex toy (like, say, a Progressive Vibrator), and once she was done she fell into a post-orgasmic slumber. I think that would be more tempting to someone who hasn't gotten any for about 10 years than bananas, wouldn't you say? (Now, if she took one banana and ran off with it, that would be a different story...)[/indecent]

Originally posted on: 04-Sep-2005, 23:01 GMT

Treize X [ANF]
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby Treize X [ANF] » Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:13 pm

Reichu wrote:Why are all these people crossing Marimite and NGE, anyway?

Re: the 19/20 interim, I think the most likely possibility is [indecent]they lured Yui into the Cage with a giant sex toy (like, say, a Progressive Vibrator), and once she was done she fell into a post-orgasmic slumber. I think that would be more tempting to someone who hasn't gotten any for about 10 years than bananas, wouldn't you say? (Now, if she took one banana and ran off with it, that would be a different story...)[/indecent]

Cause Marimite is apparently awesome [I have yet to confirm this, but it does have shoujo-ai, so I was bound to see it sooner or later]. And Eva is awesome. So Marimite/Eva must be double awesome? I don't do that kind of logic, so...yeah.

As for your theory: it would explain how they got EVA-01 back into the Cage. Image

Better than Sadamoto's explanation, too...no net can hold back an Eva. *rolls eyes*

Originally posted on: 04-Sep-2005, 23:15 GMT

Ken-Ohki [ANF]
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Ken-Ohki [ANF] » Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:13 pm

Man that Marimite eva crossover really makes me wanna get back into h-doujins Image

Hey, Go Hikari's at page 100! woot

Originally posted on: 04-Sep-2005, 23:55 GMT

K2Grey [ANF]
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby K2Grey [ANF] » Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:13 pm

Is anyone here capable and willing of translating the banana comic?

BTW, on the net deal, I suppose I could accept a super-net being able to restrain an Eva; the Eva ending up without meaningful leverage to destroy the net, or something like that. The problem is that this particular Eva happens to have a S2 and a godlike AT field which doubles as a godlike offensive weapon. As such, the only possible way to explain Eva-01 getting trapped by the net (esp. since it's against Eva-01's will) would be if Yui simultaneously had control over the AT field, and lost control of the Eva.

Originally posted on: 05-Sep-2005, 00:10 GMT

Magami No ER [ANF]
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Magami No ER [ANF] » Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:13 pm

I don't think Yui can lose control, her soul is infused with the Eva, she is the Eva(both as a means of keeping the body alive, as well as in control of bousou. She's usually just restrained for so long...I'm sure some of the "primalness" of the berserk actions are a result of becoming a different human...)

Originally posted on: 05-Sep-2005, 00:13 GMT

Digitalex [ANF]
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Digitalex [ANF] » Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:13 pm

Mr. Tines wrote:In other news - I don't know if this doujin cover is related to the Avemarian OP, but it looks like

Hmmm...another CCC work. I love their artwork. I didn't know they did something like that. I check out a lot of their Tsukihime doujins.

Originally posted on: 05-Sep-2005, 00:35 GMT

Takumi [ANF]
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Takumi [ANF] » Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:14 pm

Reichu wrote:Why are all these people crossing Marimite and NGE, anyway?

Absolute Terror Alert is at Orange!

Originally posted on: 05-Sep-2005, 02:11 GMT

Reichu [ANF]
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu [ANF] » Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:14 pm

Takumi wrote:Image

Absolute Terror Alert is at Orange!

Evas are people, too... and all people have "needs". :cough: No need to be afraid, Children -- it's all a part of nature.

The "angel trap" is complete BS. Sadamoto totally underestimates the power of Evas and the Greatness of the Almighty Yui-sama. The interim between #19 and #20 always seemed like a bit of a cop-out to me, but Sadamoto's idea -- much as I appreciate at least the attempt of an explanation -- ultimately fails.

Evas are pretty durn physically strong to begin with. That failing, they have "supernatural" (although in NGE, they are hardly such) powers as well that are capable of exerting substantial damage. Episode #19 is case-in-point. Zeruel is generally considered one of the most powerful Angels, but he simply got MOLESTED once he pissed Yui off. One ability she exhibited during her rebuttal was the never-seen-again Slice 'n' Dice Manuever, in which she used her own A.T. Field to slice through his Field and cause big-time boo-boos. Let's also not forget other abilities demonstrated by My Pretties: Kyoko uses her A.T.F. to destroy offensive objects within her vicinity (the VTOLs), and the Cross-Blast generated by Yui that vaporized open a route to the Geofront surface.

Now... do you REALLY think a bunch of artificial stringy stuff stands a chance in Hell at restraining an Evangelion? And even if it somehow stopped her from moving (not likely), she would still need to be recovered and brought back to the Cage. A raging beast in chains is still a raging beast, and, if you have one completely impervious to damage and with a limitless sort of energy, exactly how to you plan to get said Beast into an enclosed space wherein all internal activity mysteriously stops and she remains completely inert so that her head (the nakedness of which is never explaned) can be neatly bandaged up (the necessity of which is ALSO never explained) and a month of experimentation commences?

The only explanation for the condition of EVA-01 at the beginning of #20 is simple: Yui ALLOWED herself to be recaptured. What has she to gain from stomping around the Japanese countryside? Aside from going on an assassination mission against every last member of Seele (which would have been pretty cool), nothing she can do at that time will further her agenda.

"I got the S^2. Mission complete. Let me roar a little, play with one of those bananas, relieve some of this built-up tension. And, dagnammit, I've got an itch! Let me get that helmet off! Ahhh! Much better. So, whatever. Put me back into that bloody refrigerator, see if I care. Maybe you can attempt to return my little boy to corporeal existence where you failed with me. Gah hah hah! And I'll be WAITING for my next role as the Jumbo-Sized Plot Device!!!"

Originally posted on: 05-Sep-2005, 03:06 GMT

Magami No ER [ANF]
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Magami No ER [ANF] » Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:14 pm

First time in a while this thread had some good conversation. Image
BTW, I really should get to drawing San next, but-ut......:drools all over Zeta Gundam: It's too good.
Better multitask...
Then harpies...
Then...PINKY! Yes, she still exists...

Originally posted on: 05-Sep-2005, 03:11 GMT

Return to “AnimeNation Archive”