Go Hikari!

Notable old Evangelion threads from the AnimeNation Forums are preserved here.

Moderators: Monk Ed, Ornette

Soluzar [ANF]
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby Soluzar [ANF] » Thu Dec 18, 2008 6:18 pm

Magami No ER wrote:I was kinda kidding, I wholeheartly agree with your views. And as for the chest thing, I was sorta talking about anime fans whole enjoy looking at anime boys.

OK. It's cool, certainly no offence was taken. Put an idea in my head and I'll prattle on for hours, that's all. I only need the most flimsy excuse for a long rant. Image

Originally posted on: 12-Jan-2005, 19:51 GMT

Magami No ER [ANF]
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Magami No ER [ANF] » Thu Dec 18, 2008 6:18 pm

No, no, I do enjoy long rants (and that word...prattle Image) So, anyone remember what this thread was about? Oh yes..that cool Hikari picture. Are there anymore pictures of her in a plugsuit lying around? (possibly that differently colored one?)

Originally posted on: 12-Jan-2005, 19:58 GMT

Magami No ER [ANF]
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Reichu wrote:I bet Kaworu killed it.

And speaking of old man Keel... I wonder if there should be anything in Adam's flashbacks about unpleasant (or pleasant, depending on whom you ask o_O ) going-ons between Kaworu and his Master. I would be really, really scared if there was a Kaworu/Keel version of that sick Gendo/Rei 1 H-doujin in "Paradise Lost 2". "Oh, Tabris, it's time for your Bratwurst..."

After seeing some sort of Rei H-doujin, not but an hour ago, I have a feeling that this must be even more disturbing for Adam than I thought.(those doujinshi were disturbing, in a disgusting way....I was misinformed before looking at them!) Image

Originally posted on: 12-Jan-2005, 21:11 GMT

Reichu [ANF]
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu [ANF] » Thu Dec 18, 2008 6:18 pm

Soluzar wrote:All too true. There is a predjudice, an inequality still about such things. The Anime industry is all too happy to show bare breasts, and even other, naughtier bits, as long as they are on female characters, but you pitch them a concept which involves fanservice for the viewer who is oriented towards males, and it would seem, from the output of the larger distributors at least, that there is significant resistance to the concept.

Male characters are rarely the victims of fan service, but it can happen... There is just little financial incentive to do so, except for anime that are targeted specifically at females. And, overall, there seems to be greater demand for beautiful, even androgynous, men, as opposed to a treatment that emphasizes "masculine" qualities. (Though I suppose there is plenty of room for both.)

Magami no ER wrote:Even just the chest can be good enough for most girls.(Saiyuki pic....Sanzou)

No bulging packages for you?

Soluzar wrote:Aww.... Thanks. That's just not something I hear every day. Usuually when people use that sort of sentance in reference to The Biscuity One, they replace the word, 'nice' with either 'weird', or if they are really kind, 'strange but nice.

Hmm, that about sums it up for my reputation, as well.

My perspective is that even the 'straightest' person is no more than 65-75% oriented towards the opposite sex, and that still leaves a whole 25% or more of themself which is aroused by their own gender, but would rather not admit it.

Heh heh, reminds me of this intriguing essay:

Masturbation mocks, even "deconstructs," the categories and concepts of both our everyday (ordinary) and technical (scientific) sexual discourses. Masturbation, like sex that can occur in a good marriage or with an admired and intimate lover, is sex with someone I care about and to whose satisfaction and welfare I am devoted. Masturbation is incestuous, since it happens with someone to whom I am blood-related, someone within my own family. If I am married, my masturbating is adulterous, since it is sex with someone who is not my spouse, to whom I am not married. Masturbation is homosexual: a man sexually pleases a man or a woman sexually pleases a woman.

This amused me quite a bit, since I'd been throwing around a similar argument, for kicks if nothing else.

In the same way, I think that the sort of people who look for these sorts of characteristics, or other obvious and stereotypical characteristics are actually compensating for the fact that they aren't really sure in themselves of what they want - they rely on society to tell them what is sexy.

Or maybe they are "beautiful people" themselves and won't settle for anything "less".

One thing I've noticed -- 'society' seems to be much more flexible about what can be considered sexy in men than in women. I.e., men are permitted to show a much greater degree of variation and 'imperfection', whereas women are held to stringent requirements. Sigh, I hate the double standard.

Errr, I think I got carried away with that topic. Ignore me.

So, who was the intended audience for most of that? Image

Uhuh. Girls are often said to be less 'visually aroused' than guys, and I've heard enough from various acquaintances of mine to believe it.

You should see my sketchbooks... :cough: Then, they don't really seem to confirm much aside from the fact that I am a weirdo pervert, but, as I always say, "Tis better to draw weird and perverted things than actually do them."

Ahh. I am wrong then. I thought that the various eden inhabitants weren't bound to their earthly shape.

Well, there are a couple of times an explained phenomenon turns everybody into members of Homo sapiens (and all completely naked for the entire duration). Aside from that, I'm not sure where you might have gotten that impression.

I had assumed that Kaworu/Tabris might look very different in Eden. Ie, with a core, for copious 'nuking off', and fanservice for Magami! :-P

Well, he is Adam once again, so pearl-polishing would not be beyond her ability. Image On a pointless aside, Adam never actually appears in Eden; we meet her (and Lilith) somewhere else.

Magami no ER wrote:And as for Kaworu "nuking off", I sketched a wittle pic of Kaworu, uh, trying to do that in a harpy costume(sorry Treize X ^^), useing a small SoL.

"Nuking off" is just stimulating the surface of the core, and somewhat less lethal than what the harpies do. As for that, I'm not sure what an appropriate slang would be... Kernfick, maybe?

BTW, that pic sounds cute. Make sure we get to see it sometime. Image

After seeing some sort of Rei H-doujin, not but an hour ago, I have a feeling that this must be even disturbing for Adam than I thought.(those doujinshi were disturbing, in a disgusting way....I was misinformed before looking at them!)

Were they Kaworu/Rei, by any chance? If so, how could they be any more disturbing than a Kaworu/Keel "Bratwurst Incident"?

Originally posted on: 13-Jan-2005, 01:14 GMT

Magami No ER [ANF]
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Reichu wrote:No bulging packages for you?

Now, I never said that, but I'm saying a chest will suffice. O_O I'm thinking TMI, I aplogize. Image
You should see my sketchbooks... :cough: Then, they don't really seem to confirm much aside from the fact that I am a weirdo pervert, but, as I always say, "Tis better to draw weird and perverted things than actually do them."

It's absolutely errie how similar we are, errie to the point where I'm speechless. I need more art friends.
"Nuking off" is just stimulating the surface of the core, and somewhat less lethal than what the harpies do. As for that, I'm not sure what an appropriate slang would be... Kernfick, maybe?

I did say the SoL was small. I feel ashamed, I drew it during religion class, of all places.Image At least I didn't miss anything, it was all stuff I learned in 3rd grade.
BTW, that pic sounds cute. Make sure we get to see it sometime. Image

Thank you! You don't realize how much I love getting commented on (No one comments on my thread any more. Image) Take a look at it if you wish sometime, though I only have a few Eva-related works in there. Anything in the future will be put on murdered threads such as this--though I did try to keep it going with an on-topic question.^^ Hikari had a red and white plugsuit in something else?
Were they Kaworu/Rei, by any chance? If so, how could they be any more disturbing than a Kaworu/Keel "Bratwurst Incident"?

Hell no, it was some guy in a skirt(Gendo?), another dude, and Rei's breast were double the size and her waist was half the size. Image It was horrible.(I did draw something related to the "Bratwurst" thingy, but that's only because I was over tired and on a sugar high, my version of intoxication, if you couldn't tell from my numerous spelling errors last night.) It will never leave my room for that reason.

Originally posted on: 13-Jan-2005, 02:13 GMT

Soluzar [ANF]
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Reichu wrote:Male characters are rarely the victims of fan service, but it can happen... There is just little financial incentive to do so, except for anime that are targeted specifically at females. And, overall, there seems to be greater demand for beautiful, even androgynous, men, as opposed to a treatment that emphasizes "masculine" qualities. (Though I suppose there is plenty of room for both.)

Does this dissapoint you? I was under the impression that a lot of women love the androgynous look on a man. Perhaps you were merely observing, rather than complaining.
Hmm, that about sums it up for my reputation, as well.

I figured as much. Well, you can put a verdict of "Nice, and definitely no weirder than me!" down on this list from The Biscuit.

Heh heh, reminds me of this intriguing essay:
Egads! I can appreciate the points that are being made, but in order for most of the issues that are mentioned to actually trouble your psyche, you'd have to be more twisted than a corkscrew. The homosexual aspect of masturbation is not one which most people think about, but that is one that I can see the truth of. The other statement that rings true is of course simply an academic redux of Woody Allen's famous statement...
Woody Allen wrote:Masturbation is sex with someone I love and respect.

This amused me quite a bit, since I'd been throwing around a similar argument, for kicks if nothing else.

Although most of the things I've said about love, respect and sex in this thread are my own long-term deeply-held beliefs, I will admit to having stolen some of those thoughts from The Raptorian Sector. Not so much that I'm echoing your views, more that having read them, they expressed my own more clearly than I had ever been able.

Or maybe they are "beautiful people" themselves and won't settle for anything "less".
Remind me to tell you some time about a few of the most 'beautiful' (in the standard way) girls I know. They're mostly airheads, or Asuka-types, and as such, intrinsically ugly to me. Beauty is from the inside, and someone's face and body can only ever be the (very pleasant) icing, on an already delicious cake of personality. No matter how much icing you put onto a cake that is made of something nasty, like roading tar, I won't be taking a slice. The sad part is that so many men seem to be queueing up to do so.

One thing I've noticed -- 'society' seems to be much more flexible about what can be considered sexy in men than in women. I.e., men are permitted to show a much greater degree of variation and 'imperfection', whereas women are held to stringent requirements. Sigh, I hate the double standard.
Meh. Not all men have that standard in their minds. There's something beautiful about any woman with a good personality. I'll take the good personality over the good face/body any day of the week. It's the only one of the 3 that I can be confident will be the same in 60 years time. There's a certain schadenfreude to be had from the knowledge that those who have little going for them other than their looks will eventually lose even that. Imagine Asuka as an old woman. No more teasing Shinji with that body! Image
So, how was the intended audience for most of that? Image

Did you mean 'who'? Either way.... Image

Whatever could you mean? Image

Do you have empirical evidence for that assertion? ~_^

Well, there are a couple of times an explained phenomenon turns everybody into members of Homo sapiens (and all completely naked for the entire duration). Aside from that, I'm not sure where you might have gotten that impression.

Probably I got you mixed up with another fanfic or crazy story of some variety. I've been reading a few, in preparation for starting my own insane project. Mind you, I wouldn't hold your breath, unless you want your skin color to match your eyes. Image

The angels being able to take on other shapes is something I'm sure I've seen in some fanfic story or other, and I guess it just got mixed in in my brain, because of that business about the Shifts that you mentioned.

Hell no, it was some guy in a skirt(Gendo?), another dude, and Rei's breast were double the size and her waist was half the size. It was horrible.(I did draw something related to the "Bratwurst" thingy, but that's only because I was over tired and on a sugar high, my version of intoxication, if you couldn't tell from my numerous spelling errors last night.) It will never leave my room for that reason.

The artists behind h-doujin are strange people. Rei's figure is already disproportionate for a 14 year old, or at least I think it is. I don't, you understand, make a habit out of studying them, of course.

Originally posted on: 13-Jan-2005, 03:30 GMT

Reichu [ANF]
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu [ANF] » Thu Dec 18, 2008 6:18 pm

Soluzar wrote:Does this dissapoint you? I was under the impression that a lot of women love the androgynous look on a man. Perhaps you were merely observing, rather than complaining.

Observing. I was never too swept up by the bishounen phenomenon, but that probably is just an extention of my ambivalence towards physical appearance in general. I am as a general rule attracted by personality traits, not physical ones. The bishounen characters I do like, I like because of their character and not their appearance. Androgyny is an interesting concept for me, but not when it becomes a stereotype (a la the pretty boys of anime).

I figured as much. Well, you can put a verdict of "Nice, and definitely no weirder than me!" down on this list from The Biscuit.

The homosexual aspect of masturbation is not one which most people think about

Most folks seem allergic to contemplating that aspect of themselves. "WTF is wrong with you I AM NOT GAY! Your teh ***0rt!"

Although most of the things I've said about love, respect and sex in this thread are my own long-term deeply-held beliefs, I will admit to having stolen some of those thoughts from The Raptorian Sector. Not so much that I'm echoing your views, more that having read them, they expressed my own more clearly than I had ever been able.

GAH, the plugging continues! Image Have I mentioned that I need to update that thing?

Remind me to tell you some time about a few of the most 'beautiful' (in the standard way) girls I know. They're mostly airheads, or Asuka-types, and as such, intrinsically ugly to me. Beauty is from the inside, and someone's face and body can only ever be the (very pleasant) icing, on an already delicious cake of personality. No matter how much icing you put onto a cake that is made of something nasty, like roading tar, I won't be taking a slice. The sad part is that so many men seem to be queueing up to do so.

I guess a lot of guys like roading tar.

But well put.

There's something beautiful about any woman with a good personality.

Even if she looks like Jabba the Hutt? Image

Do you have empirical evidence for that assertion? ~_^

Well, I suppose not... If nothing else, drawing twisted things is an effective form of therapy that keeps my brain from getting any more twisted and deprived than it already is.

The artists behind h-doujin are strange people.

Hmm, I suppose I'm obliged to make one, then.

Originally posted on: 13-Jan-2005, 04:22 GMT

HeWhoPostsStuff [ANF]
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby HeWhoPostsStuff [ANF] » Thu Dec 18, 2008 6:18 pm

Reichu wrote:I guess a lot of guys like roading tar.

But of course! Roading tar is a MAN'S snack: puts hair on yer chest! This reminds me of a Spongebob quote (then again, so does nearly everything, heh):

"Okay, how tough are ya?"
"I ate a bowl of nails for breakfast!"
"Pfft. Yeah, so?"
"Without any milk!"

Y'know, this is something females (in my experience anyways) love to do: they go on and on about how guys are utterly unable to live up to their hopes and expectations of them (i.e. being able to appreciate a gal for her inner self instead of her appearance, among other things), and then when they find one who appears to do those things (or says he does), immediately determine that he must be lying and/or faking it, and take great pleasure in "exposing his true nature," or trying their hardest to do so, at any rate. Few women I've met seem willing to abandon the view of males that declares "they're utterly hopeless without women there to 'fix' them"...

Not trying to put you on the spot or anything Reichu, but methinks I really have yet to hear a gal say "He's a good guy" and actually mean it, heh.

Originally posted on: 13-Jan-2005, 04:34 GMT

Soluzar [ANF]
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Reichu wrote:I guess a lot of guys like roading tar.

But well put.

:tips imaginary hat: Why thank you, kind Reichu.

Well, it's always nice if the woman in question looks as good on the outside as you know she is on the inside, but it has been noted that I have a somewhat wide 'strike zone' in any case. Even when it boils down to pure physical attractiveness, I'm not looking for a supermodel, just someone with nice eyes and a nice smile. By my own personal judgement, there are a lot of women out there who are a lot more attractive than they think they are. So many women underestimate their own beauty. It's quite sad really. Especially when there are an equally large group who OVERestimate their own beauty. I'm sure we all knew that type in school.
Well, I suppose not... If nothing else, drawing twisted things is an effective form of therapy that keeps my brain from getting any more twisted and deprived than it already is.

:is curious to see what would happen if she stopped:
Hmm, I suppose I'm obliged to make one, then.
Frankly? I can't wait... Image

Originally posted on: 13-Jan-2005, 04:37 GMT

Soluzar [ANF]
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

ThatWhichPostsStuff wrote:Y'know, this is something females (in my experience anyways) love to do: they go on and on about how guys are utterly unable to live up to their hopes and expectations of them (i.e. being able to appreciate a gal for her inner self instead of her appearance, among other things), and then when they find one who appears to do those things (or says he does), immediately determine that he must be lying and/or faking it, and take great pleasure in "exposing his true nature," or trying their hardest to do so, at any rate. Few women I've met seem willing to abandon the view of males that declares "they're utterly hopeless without women there to 'fix' them"...

Not trying to put you on the spot or anything Reichu, but methinks I really have yet to hear a gal say "He's a good guy" and actually mean it, heh.

I totally agree with the sentiment, StuffThing, in the case of the vast majority of the female population, but then again, it'd probably be a huge mistake to assume that one can consider Reichu and the larger female population to be an homogenous group, in as far as their attitudes on such things. The point I'm making is that in as much as you are essentially correct, I'll lay fairly good odds that Reichu was only jesting with me. I don't think she doubts my own views on this matter. It's not like this is the first time I've expressed them on the forums.

All that said, it's depressing how often it is true that this attitude can be found in women that you meet. On the other hand, the sort of attitude that Reichu discusses is fairly common in guys.

Average American Guy wrote:Yeah, personality is important, and stuff. I gotta love a girl for who she is on the inside... as long as she's got a huge rack and her @$$ is perfect!

...So it's hardly surprising. It is, in some ways, a self-perpetuating cycle. Men live up to the worst expectations of women partly because they are aware of those expectations, which make it difficult to be a genuinely nice guy. The lack of genuine nice guys reinforces the believe that all men are bar-stewards, and so on, ad infinitum, ad nauseam, ad absurdium

May the Deity of your choice bless America and the rest of Western culture, y'know?

Originally posted on: 13-Jan-2005, 04:47 GMT

HeWhoPostsStuff [ANF]
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby HeWhoPostsStuff [ANF] » Thu Dec 18, 2008 6:18 pm

Soluzar wrote:I'll lay fairly good odds that Reichu was only jesting with me.

At least half-jesting, anyways. Image But yeah, I don't want to make it sound like I'm saying "all women are exactly the same" or anything like that, but this attitude seems to be a particularly prevalent (and rather irritating, from a "guy perspective") one, in my experience at least...guess I've probably been waiting awhile to say that, come to think of it, heh.

I also must agree sans hesitation with what you say about there being much room for improvement on the male side of things...methinks that "we" are just as bad when it comes to surrendering to the "crude, beer-drinking, sex-obsessed, etc." stereotype as "they" often are to the "ditzy, spendthrift, scantily-clad, etc." stereotype...perhaps Reichu's onto something with the whole "androgeny" deal, I'm always up for less complication in general...I'm sure grayish genderless blobs tend to have a few less things to worry about on a regular basis (as opposed to, say, "Should I use red or pink pseudopod polish with this outift?").

Originally posted on: 13-Jan-2005, 04:58 GMT

Soluzar [ANF]
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

HeWhoPostsStuff wrote:At least half-jesting, anyways. Image But yeah, I don't want to make it sound like I'm saying "all women are exactly the same" or anything like that, but this attitude seems to be a particularly prevalent (and rather irritating, from a "guy perspective") one, in my experience at least...guess I've probably been waiting awhile to say that, come to think of it, heh.
I guess the best way to counteract that view, then, would be to live your life as a perfect example of a man who is not 'that way' -- I know I try my best to be a walking, breathing example of a man who's not all about superficial qualities. Hopefully I do pretty well, but you'd have to ask the others about that, since I can't rightly say how others see me. In as far as it goes, I'm confident that 'chu has a fairly decent opinion of me. It's not like I ever miss an opportunity to speak out on this topic, right?

I also must agree sans hesitation with what you say about there being much room for improvement on the male side of things...methinks that "we" are just as bad when it comes to surrendering to the "crude, beer-drinking, sex-obsessed, etc." stereotype as "they" often are to the "ditzy, spendthrift, scantily-clad, etc." stereotype...perhaps Reichu's onto something with the whole "androgeny" deal, I'm always up for less complication in general...I'm sure grayish genderless blobs tend to have a few less things to worry about on a regular basis (as opposed to, say, "Should I use red or pink pseudopod polish with this outift?").

I don't think anybody's arguing for genderless blobs, but take a look at Eddie Izzard. The guy wears high heels, makeup, and sequins on stage, and does he seem any the less masculine to you? Not to me. More, if anything, since he's demonstrably comfortable with his gender identity to the degree that he can wear what the heck he wants. Including red polish on the tips of his pseudopodia! Image

Well, his fingers really. But that doesn't make nearly as good of a final line. Oh well. Image

Originally posted on: 13-Jan-2005, 05:11 GMT

Magami No ER [ANF]
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

My friend is letting me borrow her scanner, so I should have the pic by tonight.Image

Originally posted on: 13-Jan-2005, 15:32 GMT

Soluzar [ANF]
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Magami No ER wrote:My friend is letting me borrow her scanner, so I should have the pic by tonight.Image

Oh no, not the bratwurst one?!?!? Image

:p

Originally posted on: 13-Jan-2005, 17:30 GMT

Magami No ER [ANF]
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Magami No ER [ANF] » Thu Dec 18, 2008 6:19 pm

Didn't I say that one would never be seen by anyone!? Never! O_O Actually, now she's just gonna scan it herself and send me it, but it has to be tomorrow. Sorry. Image (It's the Kaworu in a harpy costume pic, engaging in a...harpyish form of nuking off.^^; Asuka's in it too.)

Originally posted on: 13-Jan-2005, 22:08 GMT

Reichu [ANF]
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu [ANF] » Thu Dec 18, 2008 6:19 pm

Y'know, this is something females (in my experience anyways) love to do:

Well, considering some of the ways in which men have treated and regarded women in the past (and continuing in some parts of the world today), don't we have right to be suspicious? "How you can trust him? He's a member of a gender that has kept women down for millennia! All men are our enemies!! Always have been, always will be!! There ARE no 'nice guys'!"

Few women I've met seem willing to abandon the view of males that declares "they're utterly hopeless without women there to 'fix' them"...

Image Personally, I find that most of the declarations battered back and forth between the sexes end up being shallow stereotypes upon closer inspection. I suspect that a lot of these modern myths only gain "substance" because some people believe in them to the point that they -make- them 'true'. But, like Incisivis once said (paraphrased), "Men are not from Mars, women are not from Venus, they're both from Earth."

they go on and on about how guys are utterly unable to live up to their hopes and expectations of them (i.e. being able to appreciate a gal for her inner self instead of her appearance, among other things), and then when they find one who appears to do those things (or says he does), immediately determine that he must be lying and/or faking it, and take great pleasure in "exposing his true nature," or trying their hardest to do so, at any rate.

Vindication for millennia of oppression! Image

I think whenever I tried telling you that YOU were a 'good guy', YOU would come up with reasons for why it wasn't true. (Or maybe I'm thinking of something else.)

Soluzar wrote:By my own personal judgement, there are a lot of women out there who are a lot more attractive than they think they are.

Well, how is one supposed to know how "attractive" she is? Are you attractive if your mother tells you how beautiful you are? If a couple of guys say so? If you sleep with the entire school football team? If you are a super-model? If you're a celebrity who gets into People's Top Twenty Most Beautiful People?

:is curious to see what would happen if she stopped:

Replace Shinji with Reichu.

Frankly? I can't wait...

Well, if Eva-on-Eva/Angel fun is your bag, baby...

I totally agree with the sentiment, StuffThing, in the case of the vast majority of the female population, but then again, it'd probably be a huge mistake to assume that one can consider Reichu and the larger female population to be an homogenous group, in as far as their attitudes on such things.

Their attitudes on just about EVERYTHING, actually. Image I am the anti-female. So female, and yet not.

I'll lay fairly good odds that Reichu was only jesting with me.

Bingo.

I don't think she doubts my own views on this matter. It's not like this is the first time I've expressed them on the forums.

Or elsewhere, for that matter...

HeWhoPostsStuff wrote:At least half-jesting, anyways.

"At least"? "At LEAST"!?! Stuffman, do not underestimate the jesting power of the Reichu!

perhaps Reichu's onto something with the whole "androgeny" deal, I'm always up for less complication in general...I'm sure grayish genderless blobs tend to have a few less things to worry about on a regular basis (as opposed to, say, "Should I use red or pink pseudopod polish with this outift?").

Short of being greyish blobs, we can all strive for psychological androgyny -- the next evolution of humankind!

Soluzar wrote:In as far as it goes, I'm confident that 'chu has a fairly decent opinion of me.

Whenever you're not being paranoid, anyway. Image

I don't think anybody's arguing for genderless blobs, but take a look at Eddie Izzard. The guy wears high heels, makeup, and sequins on stage, and does he seem any the less masculine to you? Not to me.

Well, remember, he isn't just a transvestite -- he's an executive transvestite!

Originally posted on: 14-Jan-2005, 04:02 GMT

Reichu [ANF]
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Speaking of frightening Eva fanart, here are a couple by a Luana Spinetti:

http://evamonkey.com/reichu/fanart/...2_pink_soft.jpg
http://evamonkey.com/reichu/fanart/rei_03_blush.jpg

And the second one, of course, inexplicably had this result... Image

I can't say these pics outright DISTURB me, but they are decidedly "wrong" in a most un-Reichu manner. Now, if the Evas were naked...

Originally posted on: 14-Jan-2005, 04:28 GMT

HeWhoPostsStuff [ANF]
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby HeWhoPostsStuff [ANF] » Thu Dec 18, 2008 6:19 pm

Heh heh, I was wondering how long it'd take you to find this and mete out retribution...I can hear your ever-present cattle prod charging as I type. Image I didn't mean any of what I posted above to sound misogynistic or anything like that, I guess that particular attitude (or, as in your case, a non-serious reference to it) is just one of my "buttons," I apologize if I said anything more outlandishly stupid than usual. As far as my Female-Oppressing Ancestry goes, guess I'm (along with every other dude) more or less stuck with that, like it or not...though it seems to me to have about as much relevance as someone from, say, Iceland, taking me to task because some Norwegian ancestor of mine ransacked his ancestor's village way back when. It's a bit more extreme than what you mention, but methinks you know what I mean.

Reichu wrote:I think whenever I tried telling you that YOU were a 'good guy', YOU would come up with reasons for why it wasn't true. (Or maybe I'm thinking of something else.)

Good ARTIST, yes...and that one I'm not budging an inch on. Image Come to think of it, couldn't one define this as you trying to "fix" me, though more or less in the completely opposite direction that a stereotypical female might do? Image

"At least"? "At LEAST"!?! Stuffman, do not underestimate the jesting power of the Reichu!

"The" Reichu? Well, I suppose that you definitely are The One and Only...though I think a slightly more condensed title would sound better...maybe "The Chu." Sorta like The Fonz. Image

Short of being greyish blobs, we can all strive for psychological androgyny -- the next evolution of humankind!

Hey, when I said I was pro-blob, I meant it. Seriously, think of how much simpler things would be if the physical was really not even an issue for anyone...in my case, as long as I could mold an appendage around a controller, I'd be all set. Image

Originally posted on: 14-Jan-2005, 04:37 GMT

Soluzar [ANF]
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby Soluzar [ANF] » Thu Dec 18, 2008 6:19 pm

Reichu wrote:Well, considering some of the ways in which men have treated and regarded women in the past (and continuing in some parts of the world today), don't we have right to be suspicious? "How you can trust him? He's a member of a gender that has kept women down for millennia! All men are our enemies!! Always have been, always will be!! There ARE no 'nice guys'!"

"Do you believe in nice guys? If you do, clap your hands!"

I think whenever I tried telling you that YOU were a 'good guy', YOU would come up with reasons for why it wasn't true. (Or maybe I'm thinking of something else.)
Gee, I wonder who that reminds me of... Oh, yeah, everyone I ever met! Very few people are comfortable with taking compliments.
Well, how is one supposed to know how "attractive" she is? Are you attractive if your mother tells you how beautiful you are? If a couple of guys say so? If you sleep with the entire school football team? If you are a super-model? If you're a celebrity who gets into People's Top Twenty Most Beautiful People?
Point taken. I just find it odd that so many women who are perfectly nice looking have such low self-esteem, and raging anxiety about their looks.
I hope that doesn't happen every time you run out of sketchbooks, or the poor folk in your local art-supplies store will be somewhat surprised. :p
Well, if Eva-on-Eva/Angel fun is your bag, baby...
Only Eva-on-Eva, please I don't mind two girls at it, but I draw the line at interspecies pr0n.
Their attitudes on just about EVERYTHING, actually. Image I am the anti-female. So female, and yet not.

Now that's hardly being fair on yourself. Read what I said, and think about it some more. You're not the anti-female, by any means. However, if we assign a name to society's traditional peception of a woman, oh, I don't know, let's call her 'Malibu Stacy', in honour of the Simpsons, then I think it might be fairer to say that you're the anti-Malibu Stacy. Calling yourself the anti-female is just throwing out all the good things associated with that label, along with the bad.
Personally, I'd go for that. It preserves all the fun aspects of the purely physical differences between the genders, and removes all of the unimportant differences.
Whenever you're not being paranoid, anyway. Image

Hey, paranoia is what I do best, OK? Besides, do you have empirical evidence that they aren't really all out to get me? Image
Well, remember, he isn't just a transvestite -- he's an executive transvestite!
I love that bit, was that in D2K or circle? I'm sure it's in one or the other... He is the single funniest man on the planet for me....
I can't say these pics outright DISTURB me, but they are decidedly "wrong" in a most un-Reichu manner. Now, if the Evas were naked...

They don't disturb you? That first one I clicked sure did me! Asuka appears to be slippin' the tongue to her own mom! That's pretty strange stuff!

Originally posted on: 14-Jan-2005, 04:47 GMT

Reichu [ANF]
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

HeWhoPostsStuff wrote:Heh heh, I was wondering how long it'd take you to find this and mete out retribution...

Hey, come on. It's hard to do multi-message responses on the damned Macs in the computer labs. When I'm on my own computer, on the other hand...

I guess that particular attitude (or, as in your case, a non-serious reference to it) is just one of my "buttons,"

:wonders what the others are:

Good ARTIST, yes...and that one I'm not budging an inch on. :P Come to think of it, couldn't one define this as you trying to "fix" me, though more or less in the completely opposite direction that a stereotypical female might do? ;)

Not so much "fixing" as "giving a little push in the right direction"... ;)

I could have sworn I complemented your overall character on more than one occasion... Ah, well, for the record, you ARE a genuine nice guy, albeit a rather fuzzy one. :P :starts singing "Sensitive New-Age Guy":

Hey, when I said I was pro-blob, I meant it. Seriously, think of how much simpler things would be if the physical was really not even an issue for anyone...in my case, as long as I could mold an appendage around a controller, I'd be all set. :thumbsup:

It would make DDR somewhat more challenging...

Soluzar wrote:Very few people are comfortable with taking compliments.

Whereas others cannot get enough of them... But I wonder what the psychological basis for this might be?

I just find it odd that so many women who are perfectly nice looking have such low self-esteem, and raging anxiety about their looks.

Well, considering the 'perfect' faces and bodies that proliferate the media -- and porno mags -- there is an awful lot of subliminal pressure on women, you know? For my part, I'm happy with the aspects I'm stuck with, although I certainly could do a lot to improve my Lilith-like physique. (The fact that my diet has degenerated quite a bit from living on-campus probably doesn't help matters... Argh.)

I hope that doesn't happen every time you run out of sketchbooks, or the poor folk in your local art-supplies store will be somewhat surprised. :p

When that happens, there are always random scraps of paper I can violate.

Only Eva-on-Eva, please I don't mind two girls at it, but I draw the line at interspecies pr0n.

How is Yui/Zeruel interspecies? :P

Calling yourself the anti-female is just throwing out all the good things associated with that label, along with the bad.

Aside from "T&A", what "good things" are associated with "female"? :shifty:

Personally, I'd go for that. It preserves all the fun aspects of the purely physical differences between the genders, and removes all of the unimportant differences.

Well, if given divine power over the universe, I would get rid of the more annoying physical differences...

Besides, do you have empirical evidence that they aren't really all out to get me?

You seem to be having a love affair with this "empirical evidence" business. ;)

I love that bit, was that in D2K or circle?

Dress to Kill, as I haven't seen this 'circle' you speak of.

They don't disturb you? That first one I clicked sure did me! Asuka appears to be slippin' the tongue to her own mom! That's pretty strange stuff!

Not "disturb" in the sense of "shake the foundations of my very being". They elicit more the Spock-eyebrow response, or a good ol' Dr. Evil "Riiiiggggght....."

Originally posted on: 14-Jan-2005, 05:16 GMT

Return to “AnimeNation Archive”