Your favorite scene in Evangelion?

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

pata_333
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby pata_333 » Mon Jun 16, 2008 1:56 pm

Episode 6 when Shinji Enter Rei's Capsule and tells her not to ever say that she has nothing to fight for...
Also when she smiles, such a great scene
Nothing really matters,
Anyone can see,
Nothing really matters-,nothing really matters to me,

PartyHard
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby PartyHard » Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:25 am

^ Yeah it was pretty much win. Shinji actually showing balls, telling to someone else 'cheer up emo kid' and Rei giving a honest smile. I had to check for flying pigs.
* Kederaji is now officially offended by the Red Cross.
<FraX> How much blood did they want today?
<Kederaji> Well, you know that questionnaire they ask you before they poke you with the needle?
<FraX> Yeah.
<Kederaji> Well, the guy took a look at me and started marking all the sex related questions as "No".
<Kederaji> Didn't even bother to ask me, just marked them "No."
<Kederaji> The bastard.
<FraX> Was he right?
<Kederaji> He was, but that's not the point!

pata_333
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby pata_333 » Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:47 am

PartyHard wrote:^ Yeah it was pretty much win. Shinji actually showing balls, telling to someone else 'cheer up emo kid' and Rei giving a honest smile. I had to check for flying pigs.

YOU ROCK PARTYHARD!!!
Nothing really matters,
Anyone can see,

Xard
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:31 pm

PartyHard wrote:^ Yeah it was pretty much win. Shinji actually showing balls, telling to someone else 'cheer up emo kid' and Rei giving a honest smile. I had to check for flying pigs.

Pigs HAVE flown since 1977 you know :wink:

I never saw any kind of "cheer up emo kid" in that scene. I mean, wtf

And Shinji isn't showing any balls. He's just being...emphatic

pata_333
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby pata_333 » Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:47 pm

actually what made that scene really memorable was the fact that Rei acted always in a very cold way towards others, in the glass incident (episode 5)
Rei acted as if nothing had happened (when another girl would have literary killed Shinji).

Shinji cryin and Rei smiling was defnitly something memorable

:ting:
Nothing really matters,
Anyone can see,

bioweapon680
Adam

My fav scene

•      
  •      

Postby bioweapon680 » Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:08 pm

My fav scene is when Shinji forces open Rei's entry plug after their fight with Ramiel and tells her to smile.

Probably the sweetest ending to any episode of EVA I've watched and the only one which left me with a satisfied, content feeling inside, unlike the ending of EoE, which left me with a hollow, empty, sad feeling inside.
Last edited by bioweapon680 on Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0aQB4rNV_w Read the vid description b4 watching

PartyHard
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby PartyHard » Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:44 pm

Xard wrote:I never saw any kind of "cheer up emo kid" in that scene. I mean, wtf

Rei: (previously) I want to return to nothing. I only live for my death. I have no reason to fight. All is meaningless.
Shinji: Smile, dammit.
He's just being...emphatic

I mean in the buildup for that scene.
<Kederaji> Well, you know that questionnaire they ask you before they poke you with the needle?
<FraX> Yeah.
<Kederaji> Well, the guy took a look at me and started marking all the sex related questions as "No".
<Kederaji> The bastard.
<FraX> Was he right?

Xard
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:03 am

PartyHard wrote:
Xard wrote:I never saw any kind of "cheer up emo kid" in that scene. I mean, wtf

Rei: (previously) I want to return to nothing. I only live for my death. I have no reason to fight. All is meaningless.
Shinji: Smile, dammit. scene.

Except that their talk was nothing like that before it. At all

Gamer_2k4
Israfel
Israfel

•      
  •      

Postby Gamer_2k4 » Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:21 am

Eva Yojimbo wrote:SSD: Yes to all except #1. Oh, it's memorable and powerful all right, but it ruined Handel's Hallelujah for me!

Really? I thought the music was PERFECT for the scene. It's so close to being inappropriate (hallelujah is generally a good thing, mind rape is generally a bad thing), but the thing is...it's not. The feelings you get from listening to the song and even the style of song itself just does a spectacular job of exemplifying the divine power of that beam.

As far as my favorite parts of the series, I'd have to go with any scene that really shows the relationship between Shinji and Asuka. The scene in Episode 9 where Shinji is about to kiss Asuka is a good example. He knows how he feels about her, but respects her too much to follow through (and, incidentally, considers that action childish for some reason). Or to come from the other perspective, the scene where Asuka does kiss Shinji and is mortified afterwards by his complete lack of response. It's like each person wants the other to reach out to them, but they can't open themselves up enough to let it happen.

I could list more, but let's just skip to one of the most profound scenes in any film that I've ever seen: the final scene in EoE. Asuka, who has every right in the world to hate Shinji (he tends to be useless, he doesn't return her feelings, he started off the movie in a bad way, he let her get torn apart by the MP Evas, and he's CHOKING her), still cares about him and shows that she cares about him by stroking his face. That's powerful. That makes you think. It's just a spectacular scene.
Gamer_2k4

Evangelion217
Lilith

Re: My fav scene

•      
  •      

Postby Evangelion217 » Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:10 am

unlike the ending of EoE, which left me with a hollow, empty, sad feeling inside

"EoE" is a sad, and sometimes a depressing experience. But I don't see how anybody could say the ending hollow, or empty. That film is full of emotional depth, that never becomes melodramatic. And it is definitely one of the most gorgeous films ever created. :ting:
The fate of destruction is also the joy of rebirth.

"Komm Susser Todd" is the most up-lifting song about depression"- Evangelion217

It's stange that "Evangelion" became such a hit. All the characters are so sick!- Hideaki Anno

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:03 pm

Have to distinguish here between the ending and the reactions that it causes in the viewer.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Evangelion__x
Clockiel
Clockiel

Re: Your favorite scene in Evangelion?

•      
  •      

Postby Evangelion__x » Sat Jun 28, 2008 9:22 pm

terminus wrote:What's your favorite scene in Evangelion? personally mine's the scene (about the same in both Rebuild and TV version) where Shinji breaks open Rei's capsule and tells her to smile, and she does. For some odd reason I just like this scene. Maybe because it's charming or dramatic..

I agree. Episode 6 was beautiful. I kinda wonder why Shinji went to all the trouble to save her, though?

^ Awh man, I love this pic. x)

Hahahaha, I remember somebody once commenting that she smiled like the kid from The Jungle Book...

Eva Yojimbo
Redbeard
Redbeard

•      
  •      

Postby Eva Yojimbo » Sat Jun 28, 2008 10:28 pm

Gamer_2k4 wrote:(hallelujah is generally a good thing, mind rape is generally a bad thing),
Well, that was my point. Like I said, I can't hear it anymore without thinking of poor Asuka.
Cinelogue & Forced Perspective Cinema
^ Writing as Jonathan Henderson ^
We're all adrift on the stormy seas of Evangelion, desperately trying to gather what flotsam can be snatched from the gale into a somewhat seaworthy interpretation so that we can at last reach the shores of reason and respite. - ObsessiveMathsFreak
Jimbo has posted enough to be considered greater than or equal to everyone, and or synonymous with the concept of 'everyone'. - Muggy
I've seen so many changeful years, / to Earth I am a stranger grown: / I wander in the ways of men, / alike unknowing and unknown: / Unheard, unpitied, unrelieved, / I bear alone my load of care; / For silent, low, on beds of dust, / Lie all that would my sorrows share. - Robert Burns' Lament for James

PartyHard
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby PartyHard » Sat Jun 28, 2008 10:49 pm

Evangelion__x wrote:I agree. Episode 6 was beautiful. I kinda wonder why Shinji went to all the trouble to save her, though?

He has a tendency to save people who have just hit him in the face. Toji, Rei, Asuka...
<FraX> Yeah.
<Kederaji> The bastard.
<FraX> Was he right?

Iron Rooster
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Iron Rooster » Sat Jun 28, 2008 10:53 pm

Evangelion__x wrote:I agree. Episode 6 was beautiful. I kinda wonder why Shinji went to all the trouble to save her, though?

"Oh my God, hotness! I want to bang you!" - Shinji in his head

The original source of that line - Credit to Reichu for exposing me to that.

I loved the scenes in Eva where violence was accompanied by classical music. Classical music and violence are one of those weird combos that do not sound compatible on paper, but when done in conjuction with each other really work.
STROOPWAFELS!!!!!!!
Don't trust a prince on a white horse. He probably likes to rape dolls.
Dumbest thread I've ever started

Gamer_2k4
Israfel
Israfel

•      
  •      

Postby Gamer_2k4 » Sat Jun 28, 2008 11:55 pm

Evangelion__x wrote:Image

^ Awh man, I love this pic. x)

I didn't. It looked REALLY forced to me. I prefer the scene from episode 5 where Shinji's watching her talk to Gendo:

And I don't know where this one is from, but it also looks more sincere than the one you posted:

And SERIOUSLY, there is SO much garbage in a Google image search for anything pertaining to Rei. I gave up after about 2 pages.
Gamer_2k4

Iron Rooster
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Iron Rooster » Sun Jun 29, 2008 12:04 am

^
I think that more detailed one might from Death or whatever it was where they did more detailed versions of scenes. Not sure, it's been awhile since I watched Death.
STROOPWAFELS!!!!!!!
Don't trust a prince on a white horse. He probably likes to rape dolls.
Dumbest thread I've ever started

Evangelion__x
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby Evangelion__x » Sun Jun 29, 2008 8:09 am

True, that. The one where she's talking to Gendo she looks so relaxed and she's fully showing all the emotions normal people have when they're happy or whatever. I guess I still like the one where Shinji told her to smile 'cause he was the one who told her. ;P

I always look for Evangelion pics on either Google or Photobucket, but I usually give up... I don't know of any good sites. D;

I haven't watched Death yet...

Shackel
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Shackel » Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:36 am

That picture gives me chills, she looks like she is dead, and her smiling makes it look like she wants blood. The Death and Rebuild ones are MUCH better than that one.

Ramiel from Rebuild. The original fails EPICALLY compared to that. I mean, there is no way you can make Ramiel ANY more epic than he was there, if it's in the series, then the 1st episode, it just shows how powerful the Angels really are without looking REALLY cliche like most animes.
Don't you hate it when people have unimaginative signatures?

p06
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby p06 » Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:49 am

pata_333 wrote:Episode 6 when Shinji Enter Rei's Capsule and tells her not to ever say that she has nothing to fight for...
Also when she smiles, such a great scene

And also the part where Rei II blew herself up

I cried on both occasions o.O
-=p06 51 3w=-
:+5134+063

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”