Which Angels will appear in the remaining films?

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Terminal Alkyne
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Terminal Alkyne » Fri Feb 01, 2008 5:20 pm

I'm probably the only one here to think this, but I'm considering the possibility that the EVA-03 incident might be rewritten. In other words, Bardiel may not cause the EVA to go out of control. Any thoughts?

Tin Man
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Tin Man » Fri Feb 01, 2008 5:32 pm

Terminal Alkyne wrote:I'm probably the only one here to think this, but I'm considering the possibility that the EVA-03 incident might be rewritten. In other words, Bardiel may not cause the EVA to go out of control. Any thoughts?

I'm not so sure about this Terminal, I mean we see Eva-03 in the exact same pose it took when controlled by Bardiel followed by a snippet of it roaring just like Eva-01 does when it goes beserk. Then again, seeing how this IS Eva, we probably won't know until either a full-fledged trailer is shown, or until the movie comes out. :shrug:
"Ya know, sometimes I think I'm a lot like Shinji."
"...I don't want to ever hear you say that again...ever."
-Me and my friend after a discussion about Eva

UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End
The Beginning and The End

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Fri Feb 01, 2008 6:51 pm

It depends on how they want to go about the crazy Eva. Having Bardiel lurking in the same thundercloud where the Eva transporter was going to fly through (And could have avoided with only a minute's delay) was stretching it too far. However, they were thinking of an Angel-infected Evangelion all the way back in the proposal. :shrug:
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

universalperson
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby universalperson » Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:04 pm

Terminal Alkyne wrote:I'm probably the only one here to think this, but I'm considering the possibility that the EVA-03 incident might be rewritten. In other words, Bardiel may not cause the EVA to go out of control. Any thoughts?

Heck, I dunno if Eva-03 will have the same pilot!
Avatar courtesy of RetroRainbow, and the Eva art book.

jenova7
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby jenova7 » Tue Feb 05, 2008 2:34 am

Perhaps Iruel will take over EVA-03

ungenesis
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby ungenesis » Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:37 pm

Or they might flip the script on us by having Eva-03 go nuts from the dummy system...

Phantom_Blitz
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Phantom_Blitz » Wed Feb 06, 2008 8:28 pm

I have the feeling that after EVA-01 is done with Eva-03, Bardiel will revert to his form before the possession and that will be our angel remix for 2.0

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:13 pm

@Topic Question
Dump Gaghiel
Keep Israfel
Dump Matarael
Dump Sandalphan
Keep Iruel
Dump Sahaquiel
Keep Leliel
Keep Bardiel
Keep Zeruel
Keep Arael
Keep Armisael
Keep Tabris
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:09 pm

Wow.

Almost six months on since the theatrical release of R'Eva Part 1 and there has yet to be anything new concerning Part 2 and beyond.

Kind've a bummer.

RandomStuff
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby RandomStuff » Sat Mar 15, 2008 6:59 pm

Reichu wrote:BUT WHAT ABOUT THOSE MOON COFFINS, MAYBE

Maybe Rebuild has The MPEs already built and ready on the moon?
Irrelevance is the key to success! Losbacas.com
It's like pulling teeth from the corpses of the defiled!-Jake
Wayne's cancer-curing hair cures cancer!
The golden magic 8-ball says you must die...

Furu
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Furu » Sun Mar 16, 2008 4:16 am

I will be amazed if Sandalphan and Iruel are kept at all. If there are any Angels that feel like complete filler, it's those two.
Insert Block of Text here.

RandomStuff
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby RandomStuff » Sun Mar 16, 2008 12:31 pm

Furu wrote:I will be amazed if Sandalphan and Iruel are kept at all. If there are any Angels that feel like complete filler, it's those two.

Sadamoto wove his story fine without them so they're probably no shows.
Irrelevance is the key to success! Losbacas.com
It's like pulling teeth from the corpses of the defiled!-Jake
Wayne's cancer-curing hair cures cancer!
The golden magic 8-ball says you must die...

Victorthebattousai
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Victorthebattousai » Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:40 pm

Hmm, I'd say all of this is pure speculation. After all, it looks like we'll be seeing at least 1 of the new Eva's and pilots in R 02, so therefore it would be hard for these older confrontations with the angels to play out. Plus, you have the problem of time. They have to do a lot of things in 2:30-3:00 hours:

Introduce Asuka
Introduce Unit 02
Introduce the new pilot(Either Koworu, or the glasses girl)
Introduce the new Eva
Develop at least a bit more on Shinji
2 Angel fights, at the least, I'd say

I doubt there will be any more than 3 angels in the next film, but in order to REALLY introduce the new Evas and pilots, we'll have to see some Angels that can really test them. I doubt, if we do see the old angels, that they will be a whole lot like the originals.
I hate not having my Siggy.

AuraTwilight
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby AuraTwilight » Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:02 pm

Well, according to the trailer, we're getting introduced to two pilots/EVA's, so adjust your speculation appropriately and we're about good to go.
J_Faulkner, be warned that some of your statements could be construed as ad hominem attacks. -- Priceless, eternal irony

Anno has perfected the side boob --Gendo'sPapa

Master Hand
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Master Hand » Tue Apr 08, 2008 7:15 pm

Victorthebattousai has a point about how much can be put in the next movie.We could be looking at 3 angels.Maybe even 2.According to Rebuild with the subtitles,during his meeting.Gendo states there are 8 angels after Sachiel gets defeated.Which determines how many angels show up next movie.And what about the 3rd movie.If 3 angels do show up next movie,that means 1 or 2 angels shows up in the 3rd.I might be mistaken though.Anyway,on topic.I think the 7th,the 13th which has evidence pointing to,the 14th,again,has evidence pointing too and the 12 which may have evidence pointing too,angels will show up according to the trailer.Who knows really but those angels have the best bet at making it in.
I am the Master of hands.

pmkava
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby pmkava » Wed Apr 09, 2008 2:21 pm

Master Hand wrote:According to Rebuild with the subtitles,during his meeting.Gendo states there are 8 angels after Sachiel gets defeated.

he says that after ramiel near the end of the movie... which means there are eight angels left after ramiel, the new sixth angel....making for a total of 14 angels in rebuild.

here's what I'm hoping for the other angels

Israfel
Sahaquiel
Leliel
Bardiel
Zeruel
Arael
Armisael
Tabris
hurm. Meeting with Kaworu Nagisa left bad taste in mouth. Possible Homosexual? must remember to investigate further.

Master Hand
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Master Hand » Wed Apr 09, 2008 4:29 pm

No.I'm pretty sure he says it.No wait.Maybe he says it in that scene with Fuyutski.Shoot.I forgot.But I know he doesnt say it after Ramiel is defeated.
I am the Master of hands.

AuraTwilight
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby AuraTwilight » Wed Apr 09, 2008 4:40 pm

He does say it in the scene with Fuyutski. It's not after defeating Ramiel, because after that is the moon scene. It's after the defeat of Shamshel.
J_Faulkner, be warned that some of your statements could be construed as ad hominem attacks. -- Priceless, eternal irony

Anno has perfected the side boob --Gendo'sPapa

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Wed Apr 09, 2008 4:54 pm

There'd better be new Angels.
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

pmkava
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby pmkava » Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:41 pm

actually, i think gendo says it before the fight with ramiel but after they know about ramiel...so their are still 8 angels after ramiel...
hurm. Meeting with Kaworu Nagisa left bad taste in mouth. Possible Homosexual? must remember to investigate further.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”