REBUILD OF EVANGELION 01 DVD Release?

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
slothen
First Ancestral Sloth
First Ancestral Sloth

•      
  •      

Postby slothen » Fri Mar 07, 2008 11:37 am

so.. what we still have to wait a few months?
God, Apparently you all have been discussing Q since November. Catching up on the discussion is harrowing.

MAL Profile

Zuggy
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Zuggy » Fri Mar 07, 2008 11:46 am

slothen wrote:so.. what we still have to wait a few months?

The Japanese release is on the 25th April, you can pre-order the special edition or regular edition DVD from import sites like CDJapan right now.

AchtungAffen
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby AchtungAffen » Mon Mar 10, 2008 2:11 pm

Heh, even if I bought this shit (which now I have the amount of money necessary) they wouldn't ship it here. So I'm just gonna download some sad RAWs and watch them on my computer by myself.
"Oh, Constantine! To how many evils origin was given, not by your conversion to Christianity, but by the dowry which from you received the first Pope that was rich!" - Dante
How can you expect to live in a Republic when you don't care about the res-publica?
"The gun, in all its forms, was the epochal tool of white male supremacy, which is why it continues to have irrational appeal. As much as the jack-booted hate Jews and blacks, that much they love their guns." - James Carrol
My List @ AniDB

- Original activist against the lockers-that-be -

darkness713
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby darkness713 » Tue Mar 11, 2008 3:50 am

So, how long does it normally take for a Japanese release to get translated and such, and come over here? Does anyone have a rough estimate as to when we'll finally get it?
Uber Pen^2 doesn't care about Third Impact. He'd rather eat all the fish, everywhere, all the time, forever.

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

•      
  •      

Postby NAveryW » Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:51 pm

darkness713 wrote:So, how long does it normally take for a Japanese release to get translated and such, and come over here? Does anyone have a rough estimate as to when we'll finally get it?
Considering how long it took Manga Entertainment to release EoE, it's probably better if you don't know.
"Today?... hmm... today... right... Um... I'm just gonna wing it." -Guess who

cat42
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby cat42 » Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:48 am

darkness713 wrote:So, how long does it normally take for a Japanese release to get translated and such, and come over here? Does anyone have a rough estimate as to when we'll finally get it?

6 months to 5 years.

I'm not joking.
"...I follow you both online and offline, and I am a 4-dimensional manifestation of absolute evil..." - Reichu-tachi
"In all cases, eventually it becomes necessary to decide to 'deliberately betray the fans.'" - Yoji Enokido
I believe in the director of Eva 1.11.

reagen
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby reagen » Sat Mar 15, 2008 11:05 pm

cat42 wrote:6 months to 5 years.

I'm not joking.

Ouch....
Torrent is always the answer? RAW or not...
She Smell Like Angels Ought To Smell
The Perfect Woman, The Goddess...
Worth Killing For, Worth Dying For, Worth Going To Hell For....
------------------------------------------------------
I Can Only Love One Woman,
No Matter The Day, No Matter The Era
That Will Not Change...

cat42
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby cat42 » Mon Mar 17, 2008 2:21 pm

reagen wrote:Torrent is always the answer? RAW or not...

Torrent or not, which is your choice, you still should buy it when it comes out in your region.
"...I follow you both online and offline, and I am a 4-dimensional manifestation of absolute evil..." - Reichu-tachi
"In all cases, eventually it becomes necessary to decide to 'deliberately betray the fans.'" - Yoji Enokido
I believe in the director of Eva 1.11.

AchtungAffen
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby AchtungAffen » Mon Mar 17, 2008 3:36 pm

It will never come out in "my" region, although some other domestic releases might get "my" region. But we ain't following regions anymore, all players [EDIT: xcept Sony and their fucking paranoia] on sale are multi-region. And I'll never give either ADV nor Manga nor any of those shitters any money anymore. Anyways they'll never ship here. So fuck em, I'll download and if I end up liking it, I might try to buy it from the Moon, if I get my contact to first bring me my Rei. Domestic versions, their dubs and their "general market" attitude, molests me more than moustache guy in kindergarten.
Last edited by AchtungAffen on Wed Mar 19, 2008 7:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Oh, Constantine! To how many evils origin was given, not by your conversion to Christianity, but by the dowry which from you received the first Pope that was rich!" - Dante
How can you expect to live in a Republic when you don't care about the res-publica?
"The gun, in all its forms, was the epochal tool of white male supremacy, which is why it continues to have irrational appeal. As much as the jack-booted hate Jews and blacks, that much they love their guns." - James Carrol
My List @ AniDB

darkness713
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby darkness713 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:07 pm

Hmm, that sucks quite a bit. But maybe this will be different... ... .... And maybe Asuka will have something nice to say to somebody.
Uber Pen^2 doesn't care about Third Impact. He'd rather eat all the fish, everywhere, all the time, forever.

RandomStuff
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby RandomStuff » Wed Mar 19, 2008 6:04 pm

EvaCub wrote::pray: I must have the moneys to but this

Even if it doesn't hit the states this year I will be beyond broke.
Irrelevance is the key to success! Losbacas.com
It's like pulling teeth from the corpses of the defiled!-Jake
Wayne's cancer-curing hair cures cancer!
The golden magic 8-ball says you must die...

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:12 am

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2008-03-26/eva-movie-remake-gets-theatrical-remake-of-its-own

DVD "1.0.1" version with 266 enhancements to be rescreened in Japan in April
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:36 am

Yeah, I saw that when I went to Akihabara. It's going to theaters in April. I thought saw that it was being released on DVD in April. Eh...W/e.
30 Moar Dayz.
On the ad it said that the (I guess) Special Edition 1.0 will be released April 25th. And a cheaper edition will come out some time in May. I think May 5th.
Not sure what that means, but I convinced my grandmother to buy me the special edition when it comes out and send it to me.
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma

•      
  •      

Postby BrikHaus » Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:44 am

Mr. Tines wrote:http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2008-03-26/eva-movie-remake-gets-theatrical-remake-of-its-own

DVD "1.0.1" version with 266 enhancements to be rescreened in Japan in April

Hideaki "The Japanese George Lucas" Anno strikes again.
Awesomely Shitty
-"That purace has more badassu maddafaakas zan supermax spaceland."
-On EMF, as a thread becomes longer, the likelihood that fem-Kaworu will be mentioned increases exponentially.
-the only English language novel actually being developed in parallel to its Japanese version involving a pan-human Soviet in a galactic struggle to survive and to export the communist utopia/revolution to all the down trodden alien class and race- one of the premise being that Khrushchev remains and has abandoned Lysenko stupidity

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:06 am

I bet they'll eventually release an edition that includes the original theatrical cut, too.

Anno should change it so that Ramiel shoots second.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Indigo Arcangel
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby Indigo Arcangel » Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:14 pm

So, what, that means the Rebuild movies are having new production cuts?
Normality is overrated

Kaworu/Asuka - give it a chance!
(Clarification - I still like Asuka/Shinji)

AchtungAffen
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby AchtungAffen » Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:57 pm

Theatrical vs video release... again for an Eva movie.
My List @ AniDB

Xard
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Wed Mar 26, 2008 1:43 pm

:lol:

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Wed Mar 26, 2008 4:05 pm

I assume the single-disc DVD being released in late May is going to be the Theatrical cut, unfiltered.

But then again I could assume wrong.

But with Eva's love of milking it, what this would do is offer fans two reasons to buy the film on DVD instead of just offering an extras loaded cut and a not extras loaded cut.

Besides I don't expect any real drastic changes, maybe just a cleaner picture, some audio corrections here and there, and some shots elongated (for example does it bother anyone else that at the end of the film right when Shinji is about to grab hold of Rei's hand to help her up it cuts away) to add a few moments in the film that may have needed to be cut for running time. Nothing too drastic I expect.
Hell, the DVD might end with a much more indepth preview of FILM 2.

And since I am still assuming, lets say that the release of the Eva DVD in late May which could be the theatrical cut is to mark the release of Evangelion 2.0 which would get released in June!!!
...but thats me being hopeful, I pretty much am certain the movies are going to come out 1 a year every August/September for the next few years.

Still..I GET MY EVA DVD IN ONE MONTH!!!

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Wed Mar 26, 2008 5:23 pm

Tines wrote:DVD "1.0.1" version with 266 enhancements to be rescreened in Japan in April

Suddenly I feel reassured that waiting for a super-duper all four movies boxset release isn't such a bad thing.

lol Gainax*Khara, I can expect nothing less from them! :sweatdrop:
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”