[MANGA] [NGE] New Manga Stage Thread

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
Indigo Arcangel
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

Postby Indigo Arcangel » Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:13 am

Super-god hand gendo

CMOA death scene for Misato

And Shinji actually has the bollocks to tell Eva-01 to get the fuck out of the bakelite!

This is going to be awesome - I knew Sadamoto wouldn't let us down.
Normality is overrated

Kaworu/Asuka - give it a chance!
(Clarification - I still like Asuka/Shinji)

Tokpile Quohog
Marquis Tokpile de Boîtes
Marquis Tokpile de Boîtes

Postby Tokpile Quohog » Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:19 am

chapter 84 just made the manga worth reading. Lets hope he keeps it up.
TheEvaMonkey: I HATE BEING A FAT CHICK

Rommel
Ireul
Ireul

Postby Rommel » Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:54 pm

Asuka ripping through the Eva series is awesome, but I'm sure they are about to get stabby. It's only a question of how much damage they do to her before Shinji shows up. I wonder if she'll get a chance to say a few last words to Shinji.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:25 pm

Well, that was awesome. I wonder where Sadamoto will go from here, but I hope he keeps up the good work.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Otakon 08 Ikari
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

Postby Otakon 08 Ikari » Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:09 pm

Alright, is this out already cause if so I do indeed want.
Dr. Trans Old Fashioned Peppermint Dickables

http://pshbling.deviantart.com/gallery/ Go there for Eva cosplay.

Electric Sachiel
Lilin
Lilin

Postby Electric Sachiel » Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:17 pm

Whatever. Slightly disappointed that this whole sequence for the most part feels like a re-tread of EoE. Heres hoping that Sadamoto will give us a Shinji who can actually save Asuka from the harpies. :thumbsup:

roblucci01
Sachiel
Sachiel

Postby roblucci01 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:09 pm

SPOILER: Show
Aha, seems we're getting a bit of that good ol' GAR 2.0 Shinji here.

In any event, it looks cool. I'm interested to see what he does with this thing.
One question (since the quality is a little grainy), did Unit-01 break the Jaw plate in this already?
I hate the internet

Orphan Of Darkness
Israfel
Israfel

Postby Orphan Of Darkness » Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:47 am

Finally caught up with the manga online because I'm sick of waiting for the NA release. It's about time slowpoke Sadamote started deviating from EoE, I was getting bored there for awhile! Gendo so came out of the booth. :gendo_kimura:

Will Shinji and Asuka make it to Instrumentality proper this time or will she get killed? Oooh I cant wait~
EvanGelion:GLIA @A fanfiction project in progress. ~Updated-Mar 15th/2011~ |DeviantArt

-
"Make good use of this money, Rei. I

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

Postby NemZ » Sat Jan 23, 2010 4:24 pm

Oh yes, manga is looking to go out with high levels of win. 84 was great! He even managed to make Asuka's battle look more impressive than it already was by having the harpies appear to be moving up on her from all sides rather than just waiting their turns as the pacing of the film suggests.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby SEELE-01 » Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:11 am

I must say it!
IT SUCKED... Everything else hed been really good seeing extra details like Kaji's backstory and Asuka's mind rape... The Air scene was by far my favourite scene of Eva and now it looks... Rushed... I don't care if is no longer having fun drawing the manga (which he should have finished about a lustrum ago), he could heve been more creative about it...

bladerj
Lilin
Lilin

Postby bladerj » Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:18 pm

Indigo Arcangel wrote:Super-god hand gendo

CMOA death scene for Misato

And Shinji actually has the bollocks to tell Eva-01 to get the fuck out of the bakelite!

This is going to be awesome - I knew Sadamoto wouldn't let us down.

But in the manga shogoki didnt came out of bakelite becouse Shinji commanded, she got out becouse 3 soldiers entered the place and were about to kill Shinji, unlinke the movie scene where the arms hits a wall, in the manga she smash the soldiers with the arm.
ANATA BAKA !?

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:32 am

No new manga stage this month, though there are still Eva posters in Young Ace, according to EML.

"Sadamoto is working on comics (not manga), whatever that means."-AA of EML.

EDIT: Also, there's this:

Anuraag Agrawal on Eva Mailing List wrote:After talking to a friend about it, I found out comics is a euphemism for a tankoubon (volume) release. So presumably won't be a long hiatus. Or so one can hope.

Eric Blair on Eva Mailing List wrote:I remember reading something about it; apparently Shonen Ace will release the 11 volumes in a tankubon or compilation (supposedly about 100 pages) along with volume 12, something shonen ace promised to give more information about "next issue" and there was also a mention about a "special project".

I guess this means Volume 12 is on its way soon. :shrug:

Gib
Embryo

Postby Gib » Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:59 pm

Volume 12!!! 2010/4/3

http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/4047154202?ie=UTF8&tag=evafan-22&linkCode=as2&camp=247&creative=7399&creativeASIN=4047154202

:w00:

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:10 pm

Awesome! Thanks!

Grimmjow
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Postby Grimmjow » Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:21 pm

Chapter 84 was amazing.

So no news of the new manga chapter as of yet? Well that sucks.

Guyver Spawn
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

Postby Guyver Spawn » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:27 pm

Gib wrote:Volume 12!!! 2010/4/3

http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/4047154202?ie=UTF8&tag=evafan-22&linkCode=as2&camp=247&creative=7399&creativeASIN=4047154202

:w00:

Sweet, I can't wait :w00:. Awesome chapter, and looks like NGE is the best running manga right now IMO.
Xbox live gamertag: Guyver Spawn 27
PSN: Hellspawn28

mysterysax
Embryo

Postby mysterysax » Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:05 am

Sadly though, nge manga has been put on hold for sadamoto to work on the next evangelion film Q.

tomrule123
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

Postby tomrule123 » Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:40 am

mysterysax wrote:Sadly though, nge manga has been put on hold for sadamoto to work on the next evangelion film Q.

Oh, well... Sadamoto does a lot of things for Evangelion, after all... He's a busy man...

AchtungAffen
Banned

Postby AchtungAffen » Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:03 pm

tomrule123 wrote:
mysterysax wrote:Sadly though, nge manga has been put on hold for sadamoto to work on the next evangelion film Q.

Oh, well... Sadamoto does a lot of things for Evangelion, after all... He's a busy man...

Considering how much time it has taken him to do up till now on the Eva manga (15 years), he must be very busy with things like saving the world or something.
"Oh, Constantine! To how many evils origin was given, not by your conversion to Christianity, but by the dowry which from you received the first Pope that was rich!" - Dante
How can you expect to live in a Republic when you don't care about the res-publica?
"The gun, in all its forms, was the epochal tool of white male supremacy, which is why it continues to have irrational appeal. As much as the jack-booted hate Jews and blacks, that much they love their guns." - James Carrol
My List @ AniDB

- Original activist against the lockers-that-be -

Lucretius
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Postby Lucretius » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:20 pm

Sadamoto: "C'mon, Yoshiyuki...only ten more stages and you can finally be done with this thing...ooh, that dog has a puffy tail!" :asuka_happy:

He shuddered a bit, remembering the somewhat creepy level of detail Kaji had gone into, while rubbing a watermelon in a disturbingly sexual way.

Life is a continuous nut-kicking contest where your turn comes last if ever. -majlund

Proud supporter of Shinji x Sachiel

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”