All Studio Trigger stuff goes here.

Moderator: Board Staff

hui43210
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby hui43210 » Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:04 pm

The start of 16 scared the shit outta me! Good stuff....... However the bath part was super fucked up. If it really is a disturbing case of child abuse that Trigger is condemning, then kudos. But when I watched it, I got the sense it was just a horrific attempt at fan service, and someone over there is not right in the head.

Other than that, I liked it. :lol:
I mean, predictability is the central attraction and the narrative hook that we've all come to expect from the Evangelion franchise. How come Anno can't realize this? Twice? - FreakyFilmFan4ever

A.T. Fish
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby A.T. Fish » Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:52 pm

View Original PostFireball wrote:If you follow the flashbacks she went from a happy innocent child to the emotionally cold frowning Satsuki that is all about relentless unwavering resolve.

What flashbacks are you talking about? I don't remember her being happy and innocent in any flashback, in fact it seems that Satsuki has been the way she is since childhood, as evidenced in Nonon's backstory.

Fireball
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

•      
  •      

Postby Fireball » Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:57 pm

View Original PostA.T. Fish wrote:What flashbacks are you talking about? I don't remember her being happy and innocent in any flashback, in fact it seems that Satsuki has been the way she is since childhood, as evidenced in Nonon's backstory.

"I was born into the wrong time" - laughed the girl

「<ゝω・)\綺羅星☆!!/
[/size]

CJD
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby CJD » Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:41 pm

^Wasn't that when she first was introduced to Junketsu?

I'm not really seeing it, man. There's plenty of other things that could have caused Satsuki's turn around, not the least of which is discovering how evil her mom is. Hell, maybe it was her dad leaving her. This show is just nowhere near serious enough to include sexual abuse induced trauma.

Also, I'm pretty sure you're being too harsh on Satsuki when you say she's unable to have any relationship that doesn't involve her treating someone like a tool. The one stars and two stars, yes, but the three stars, her butler, and after this episode presumably Iori? It's a relationship of mutual respect, not utter domination. There's a big difference between those two dynamics.
You know you have some fucked up characters when a screenshot of them smiling is the biggest piece of fanservice possible in the series. - Anonymous
Be excellent to each other. -Abraham Lincoln
Asuka is a real person. -Bagheera
Human beings are scum. You people looking down on others for simply feeling an attraction to a fictional character are the real filth. -Kazuki_Fuse
CENSORED BY THE ILLUMINATI

A.T. Fish
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby A.T. Fish » Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:31 pm

View Original PostFireball wrote:

Just rewatched this scene, it doesn't seem to imply she was happy though, in fact it gives us little information about her personality other than the fact that she was obsessed with Junketsu. The scene with Nonon, in which Satsuki was not much older than that, is much more revealing in regards to her personality.

Fireball
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

•      
  •      

Postby Fireball » Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:39 pm

View Original PostCJD wrote:^Wasn't that when she first was introduced to Junketsu?

Yes

I'm not really seeing it, man. There's plenty of other things that could have caused Satsuki's turn around, not the least of which is discovering how evil her mom is. Hell, maybe it was her dad leaving her. This show is just nowhere near serious enough to include sexual abuse induced trauma.

That's what I thought before the bathing too. I was laughing up the breast measuring last week but this time it was way too disturbing, too submissive, too willingly played out to be just a fetishised power up.

Abuse asserts dominance and showing it served to display Ragyou's power and to explain the source of Satsuki's dominating figure as well as contextualizing her inevitable uprising for later to come.

That's not to say I believe abuse is her sole motivation. The show has gone out to make sure Satsuki could all do this to free the world from Revocs. Gama called her goals nobel.

It's good you mentioned her father...

multiple reasons are possible that influenced her including seeing her mother turn crazy by sewing alien parasites into her body but I think it's fair to assume when you take into consideration that Satsuki didn't even know about the ANCIENT ALIENS shit that abuse has had an overt impact on her character.

Also, I'm pretty sure you're being too harsh on Satsuki when you say she's unable to have any relationship that doesn't involve her treating someone like a tool. The one stars and two stars, yes, but the three stars, her butler, and after this episode presumably Iori? It's a relationship of mutual respect, not utter domination. There's a big difference between those two dynamics.

We don't know how much she really cares for them is all I wanted to say. She ranges from emotionally distant to benevolent.

Personally I think she is just desperate for a relationship that's not based on control, power, and loyalty. The only kind of relationship she got growing up was "submit or be destroyed". Indeed she may care and respect the devas and her butler, but doesn't know any way of interacting with them except to rule and command them. I mean, do they even have fun outside controlling the school? Do they sometimes hang around, have a cup of tea and discuss trivial things?

It's why she keeps helping Ryuko; aside from hoping for help with destroying her mother, she's hoping for someone powerful enough to be her equal. And it's why she respects Mako: given the choice of power, wealth, privilege, and dominance, she chose friendship and love. Satsuki envies Mako; Satsuki never had a choice.

You are right though, maybe I'm overreacting. I feel pretty upset about it, like I'm trapped in this purgatory of anger and sadness. It affects me because I like the characters and I love the show which is supposed to be my fun train of the week, not emotionally wreckage Eva tier. I also had a pretty rough week and don't feel too well, I hope you understand buddy.

View Original PostA.T. Fish wrote:Just rewatched this scene, it doesn't seem to imply she was happy though, in fact it gives us little information about her personality other than the fact that she was obsessed with Junketsu. The scene with Nonon, in which Satsuki was not much older than that, is much more revealing in regards to her personality.

She calls herself an ignorant little girl. Ignorant little girls are usually happy.

「<ゝω・)\綺羅星☆!!/
[/size]

CJD
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby CJD » Fri Jan 31, 2014 5:39 pm

View Original PostFireball wrote: feel pretty weird out by it all like I'm trapped in this purgatory of anger and sadness. This goes pretty close to me. I like the characters and I love the show which is supposed to be my fun ride of the week, not emotionally wreckage Eva tier.

Aww shit bro, we all know that feel with one show or another.
You know you have some fucked up characters when a screenshot of them smiling is the biggest piece of fanservice possible in the series. - Anonymous
Human beings are scum. You people looking down on others for simply feeling an attraction to a fictional character are the real filth. -Kazuki_Fuse

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Fri Jan 31, 2014 5:43 pm

Drawn out of hiding to make a post about some of the speculation I'm seeing about Ep.16.

Child Abuse

Plausible AND possible. It could explain how easily Satsuki submits to her mother. However, it's entirely possible that the opposite is true. Satsuki seemed to be perfectly consensual. Could anger and rejection still be hiding under the surface? Yes, absolutely. It is still important to consider both sides.

Ryuko's Mother

Primarily focusing on Fireball's speculation here that Ryuko's mum worked for REVOCS, and that she was the woman that possibly got killed by what may have been Junketsu. Assuming this woman was Ryuko's mother, we would know that her name was Kinue Matoi (see episode five.) While it's interesting speculation, there's really no evidence to support it. That doesn't mean that it isn't fantastic and introspective to consider. It would explain why Junketsu went from being basically free to sealed inside of a biohazard bag.

Ryuko- Human/Not

Your guess is as good as mine.

Satsuki's Father

Interesting connection to the suit, but that room was filled with thousands of them. (For some speculation of my own, are ALL OF THOSE THINGS FREAKIN' KAMUI?)

Ragyo

Is it speculation that she sewed life fibers into herself or was that released somewhere? If speculation, I'd love to know how you came to it. It's an interesting theory and one that I might just jump on myself.

As for my own thoughts, I loved the new episode. It's confusing trying to put all the stuff about life fibers together, but it seems to be coming along nicely. Ragyo is certainly shaping up to be interesting, too.

EVAfacepalm
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby EVAfacepalm » Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:42 pm

Well, for my two cents maybe we saw that Aikuro in a suit artwork before it was meant to be released. Perhaps something goes down right before the final arc of the show involving fighting Ragyo, and it looks like Aikuro is killed.

Then they get to REVOCS HQ, and who is guarding the elevator? Aikuro in that suit. Now a puppet of the life fibers inside it. Might be interesting to see how Ryuko deals with having to fight something that looks like one of her allies.

Edit: Also, I saw someone propose that the bath scene was supposed to be Ragyo inserting life fibers into Satsuki in order to bring her under control. If so, my hate for Ragyo will exceed that of Nui.
According to Seele, Tang is the ultimate form of life. I guess that means the astronauts are committing genocide all the time then.

AR-99
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby AR-99 » Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:48 pm

View Original PostCJD wrote:Surprised people are taking the "She's a child of sexual abuse" route. I'm not sure if that was the intent...

I'm not going down that road either, taking it for what it is for now until we're shown otherwise.

Interesting to see how worn out Satsuki was but Ryuko has gotten used to Senketsu so she was in much better shape after the fight. I'm still waiting for Junketsu and Satsuki to communicate with each other.
Go with God, and Fight Like the Devil 1356
Curator of: Evangelion Virtual MuseumCold SteelMFC
Sanity is no option for a collector. - Tolwyn • I just love eva so much that I figured it's worth investing in. - Paranoid

Defectron
Tentacle Girl
Tentacle Girl

•      
  •      

Postby Defectron » Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:55 pm

The bath scene with Satsuki and her mom giving her the magic finger treatment gave me a really goofy idea for a fanfic. Jakuzure x Satsuki is a pretty popular pairing that may have at least some one sided basis in canonicty given how Jakuzure acts towards Satsuki. Anyway my fanfic idea is the two of them get togther and then when Satsuki and Jakuzure are in the throws of passion Satuki calls out "MOTHER!" haha can you imagine what the look on Jakuzures face would be if that happened? Priceless! Damn I really wish I had the time to write fanfiction now.
Parasite Galaxy: An experimental webcomic

http://www.parasitegalaxy.com/ Updates Monday and Thursday. Vote for me on top webcomics

If you want to support this comic buy something from me on amazon

Fireball
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

•      
  •      

Postby Fireball » Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:29 am

I was checking up the OP again and I think it's clear now where the future conflict is heading

Covers wants to submit everyone to life fibers
Nudist Beach wants to get rid of all life fibers
Satsuki wants to dominate life fibers
And Ryuuko thinks we can be friends with them

I find them battling through hordes of life fiber soldiers especially intriguing. Should make for a nice big battle royal.

View Original PostNuclear Lunchbox wrote:Child Abuse

Plausible AND possible. It could explain how easily Satsuki submits to her mother. However, it's entirely possible that the opposite is true. Satsuki seemed to be perfectly consensual. Could anger and rejection still be hiding under the surface? Yes, absolutely. It is still important to consider both sides.

There are no both sides and it wasn't consensual unless you want to imagine that a daughter is totally okay with getting fondled and fingerbanged by her mother which you, me and Trigger know isn't the case with Satsuki.

Ragyo

Is it speculation that she sewed life fibers into herself or was that released somewhere? If speculation, I'd love to know how you came to it. It's an interesting theory and one that I might just jump on myself.

She has scars in forms of stars on her back. This week we have seen people operate life fibers into mice. You make the connection.

View Original PostEVAfacepalm wrote:Edit: Also, I saw someone propose that the bath scene was supposed to be Ragyo inserting life fibers into Satsuki in order to bring her under control. If so, my hate for Ragyo will exceed that of Nui.

The chakra opening was for that. That way Satsuki will synchronize better and give more blood which will lead to her losing control over her Kamui eventually and is exactly what Ragyou wants.

also Junketsu can totally talk and he is voiced by WAKAMOTO

「<ゝω・)\綺羅星☆!!/
[/size]

Squigsquasher
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Squigsquasher » Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:16 pm

View Original PostFireball wrote:also Junketsu can totally talk and he is voiced by WAKAMOTO

That would be awesome.

"I wish....I were a polo-neck jumper."
Here lies Squigsquasher.
2013-2017.

CJD
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby CJD » Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:01 pm

View Original PostAR-99 wrote:Interesting to see how worn out Satsuki was but Ryuko has gotten used to Senketsu so she was in much better shape after the fight. I'm still waiting for Junketsu and Satsuki to communicate with each other.

I don't think she ever will, and I think that's the point. The reason Ryuuko isn't as exhausted after fighting is because she and Senketsu are working together. They're friends, their relationship is one of trust and mutual respect and enjoyment. Satsuki and Junketsu, on the other hand, are antagonistic towards each other. Satsuki may "wear" Junketsu but it's only through force of will that she subdues it from taking over her.

Remember when Ryuuko went berserk? Senketsu was trying to fight against it, he didn't want to take over her. What do we see this episode, though? Looks a helluva lot like Junketsu was actively trying to control Satsuki, hence why Butler-kun and Iori had to react so quickly to subdue it.

As long as Satsuki tries to treat Junketsu like a tool she won't unlock it's full potential.

Fireball
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

•      
  •      

Postby Fireball » Sun Feb 02, 2014 4:05 am

It's hard to say because Junketsu appears to be so viral. Whether this is because she treats her Kamui badly or because unlike Senketsu, Junketsu is purely of vampiristic nature we have to find out. Thematically, I tend to think they will synchronize eventually but it will mark Satsuki's last development as it means giving up her attitude. It's pretty impessive though that she could fight Ryuuko all this time by just essentially sucking in debilitating pain.

Revisiting her character again and the more I do the darker it gets when you consider this has probably been going on for years

- unapproachable
- low opinion of humanity
- builds a system where pupils rule the adults
- wears a uniform called "purity"
- feels the need to dominate others
- formal around her mother, surprisingly informal around her butler
- "my actions are utterly pure"
- "a skyscraper in the real world will crash, but a skyscaper inside your mind will stand forever" (this one gets especially sad when you think in context of abuse)
- "fear is the ultimate source of power"

Poor girl. All this time, all that pain but she keeps going. Being lady Satsuki is suffering ;__;

「<ゝω・)\綺羅星☆!!/
[/size]

Redtophat
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Redtophat » Sun Feb 02, 2014 6:42 am

Don't worry, your waifu will soon break free and take rightful control.

Giji Shinka
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Giji Shinka » Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:07 am

I hope that we get "Kill la instrumentality" in the final episode.

Giant naked Mako, Ryuko deciding if they want to live with clothes or without them. (I support the latter one, obviously)

Also, this was pretty much my initial thoughts of Ep. 16:
SPOILER: Show

Fireball
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

•      
  •      

Postby Fireball » Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:28 pm

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1b0yx7_tv

longer preview

not really. GAIIIINEEEEEEEEEEEEX TRIGGGGGGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEER

oh well, the less they show the better the surprise

in that regard

KlK's character desinger and Trigger's CEO made some interesting comments

"I don't expect much Deva screentime until the Festival actually happens; they're getting the short LN to fill the blanks instead."

"Episode 16 of KILL la KILL has revealed quite a lot of background of the story. Up until now, even if you read the spoilers without seeing the episode they didn't make any sense, so they didn't have much influence, however starting from ep17 the people who avoid the spoilers will be able to enjoy it the most. People from the areas who watch it earlier, please be considerate!"

Edit; http://www.excite.co.jp/News/reviewmov/ ... 07025.html

According to this blog commentary, Junketsu is murderous unlike Senketsu

Kamui Senketsu is the exception.
Senketsu is clothing constructed from life fibers with a will of his own. He does not want to hurt Ryuuko. He wants to coexist.
Up to now, only Senketsu is the only kamui to clearly shown that he has a will.
Satsuki's Junketsu seems to be worn forcibly, and even Ragyou's clothing, while it seems to have conciousness, doesn't seem to have intelligence.
Senketsu, made by Dr. Matoi, is up to now the only clothing with intellect.

Maybe Junketsu will be more like a hellhound who has to learn first.

「<ゝω・)\綺羅星☆!!/
[/size]

bobbyfischer's ghost
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby bobbyfischer's ghost » Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:05 pm

Sweet vengeance.
Last edited by bobbyfischer's ghost on Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Current avatar: Shotoku in winter
"Political Correctness is Fascism pretending to be Manners." ~ George Carlin
Wilt Chamberlain answers the infamous question.

Squigsquasher
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Squigsquasher » Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:06 pm

Episode 17

HOLY SHIT
Here lies Squigsquasher.
2013-2017.

Return to “Studio Trigger”