What if the secret of the Evangelions were revealed?

For serious and at times in-depth discussions only, covering the original TV series, the movies End of Evangelion and Death & Rebirth.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:32 pm

cat42 wrote:
Sachiel_13 wrote:
cat42 wrote:UNIT-00 however... What is it with that cod piece anyway?
:D

u mean that circular thing on its head?
thats an antenna for radio transmissions or something like that
but i do know that its an antenna

I meant UNIT-02
:oops:

oh, now that would've made things a lot simpler

Cross of Iron
Embryo

Re: What if the secret of the Evangelions were revealed?

•      
  •      

Postby Cross of Iron » Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:35 pm

View Original PostSachi wrote:wat if, the general public found out about the Secret of the Eva and how it makes the ATF, and that they're all clones of Adam (Lilith for unit 01).
most people in Nerv, themselves, dont even know about it.

would that create a problem for Nerv?

Worst case scenario: HUGE international incident. Multipile investigations of NERV and SEELE, pilots thrust into the midst of said investigations, their backgrounds, living arrangements, etc. scrutinized for the world to see. In short, a huge scandal.

Best case scenario: International heads of state agree to keep the majority of NERV and SEELE's operations secret. Pilots will obviously become public icons worldwide, but will also retain the same level of scrutiny around them as before.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:38 pm

Oh, god, mega-bump. Newbies-SSD and Sachi. :hitthetable:

But yes, there would be a huge international scandal/incident for certain.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Cross of Iron
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Cross of Iron » Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:42 pm

Exactly: Why are all of the world's countries in extreme poverty while nearly ALL of the world's financial resources are being funneled to NERVE and SEELE? At the same time, why is so little information of this (supposedly) important event being kept secret?

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:48 pm

Why the truth of Second Impact wasn't made public, you mean? It'd probably cause mass hysteria (and rioting) in the general public...Or maybe countries still in power would demand scientific testing/experiments/whatever else on the Evas and Angels (which is sort of stealing Nerv's thunder)... Or there would be rival companies ala Episode 07 trying to steal Nerv's thunder. The disturbing possibilities are nearly endless.

As disturbing, Seele has their own scenario they want to see fulfilled (damn bastards forcing everybody into HIP), so they'll do whatever they can to ensure that happens.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Cross of Iron
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Cross of Iron » Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:52 pm

Oh, yeah. People would totally lose their minds over something like that. Mass hysteira, riots, looting, what have you. Never mind the fact that the world of Evangelion is already in total chaos and disarray. Leaking the truth of the Evas, NERV and SEELE would just cause everyone to basically kill each other out of desperation and fear.

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

•      
  •      

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:15 am

View Original PostCross of Iron wrote:Oh, yeah. People would totally lose their minds over something like that. Mass hysteira, riots, looting, what have you. Never mind the fact that the world of Evangelion is already in total chaos and disarray. Leaking the truth of the Evas, NERV and SEELE would just cause everyone to basically kill each other out of desperation and fear.

The problem is that those who know the truth are the same people that caused the 2nd Impact, they have no interest in revealing it, and they're also the ones that "publicly" are rebuilding the world (Seele has a firm grasp on the UN since the 2nd Impact and probably even before that) and at the same time control the information; leaking the truth is simply almost impossible, those who tried to do it were easily eliminated (like Kaji).
So let’s make a wish.
“Please let me redo again.”
No matter how many times

From the book “All About Nagisa Kaworu: A Child of Evangelion”.

Xard
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:21 am

It's pretty funny to compare Sachi13 of the first page to modern Sachi :lol:

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:46 am

HOLY MOTHER GAWD FUCK, DON'T BUMP MY THREADS FROM 2008 AND EARLIER. IT'S EMBARRASSING. :tongue:

To answer my own question: if the secret of Nerv's inner-workings ever became public knowledge, we might be facing a new set of Nuremberg trials (for Seele as well, if they were caught in the act by proxy, but that's within another realm of possibility). Most certainly would several people be held responsible for Second Impact, and possible several more for Nerv's other illicit activities.

The real question is: would the world continue Nerv's work? After bringing "justice" to those responsible for Second Impact, would the UN continue Nerv's research, development, and protocol with the Evangelions? Yes, they would very likely just take it out of Nerv's hands and into their own, creating another organization designated for this sort of thing, or simply reorganizing the leadership in Nerv severely. Why would they pass up the opportunity for golden technology and an effective weapon against the Angels?

I'm also convinced many Seele members would get off scot-free; they have enough power, so they would likely be deciding what continues with the Evangelions anyways. Not much would really change, and really, Seele might come out in even better shape in the end, in terms of their end goals, for getting rid of Gendo, assuming that any other pseudo-Nerv team could withstand the Angels.
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

biodude711
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby biodude711 » Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:42 am

View Original PostHyper Shinchan wrote:The problem is that those who know the truth are the same people that caused the 2nd Impact, they have no interest in revealing it, and they're also the ones that "publicly" are rebuilding the world (Seele has a firm grasp on the UN since the 2nd Impact and probably even before that) and at the same time control the information; leaking the truth is simply almost impossible, those who tried to do it were easily eliminated (like Kaji).

Your talking about individuals. What about whole organizations like the CIA?

Azathoth
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Azathoth » Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:54 am

America's back seems largely broken in post-2I, because Anno is rear-rumpled over cultural imperialism. It's entirely possible the CIA has just been absorbed into UN intelligence agencies along with most of the world's other military/pseudo-military forces. Even if not, SEELE can pay off the CIA just as easily as they can pay off anyone else.
Nothing is so valuable that it need not be started afresh, nothing is so rich that it need not be enriched constantly.

biodude711
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby biodude711 » Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:20 am

View Original PostAzathoth wrote:America's back seems largely broken in post-2I, because Anno is rear-rumpled over cultural imperialism. It's entirely possible the CIA has just been absorbed into UN intelligence agencies along with most of the world's other military/pseudo-military forces. Even if not, SEELE can pay off the CIA just as easily as they can pay off anyone else.

Okay, first, how would SEELE pay off the CIA?
The way I see it, by the time SEELE pays off the CIA, other intelligence agencies will already know about the secret as well. If one knows the secret that one thing. But if others know about it as well, then SEELE is going to have a hard time keeping it a secret.

Azathoth
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Azathoth » Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:22 am

View Original Postbiodude711 wrote:Okay, first, how would SEELE pay off the CIA?

The same way they pay off everyone else, with Jew golds or something. How the hell should I know? Clearly SEELE were able to keep their plans a secret from everyone who mattered until long after it was too late to stop them.
Nothing is so valuable that it need not be started afresh, nothing is so rich that it need not be enriched constantly.

biodude711
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby biodude711 » Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:59 am

View Original PostAzathoth wrote:Clearly SEELE were able to keep their plans a secret from everyone who mattered until long after it was too late to stop them.

Of that I had no doubt.

But, how would SEELE deal with other intelligence agencies from around the world knowing about it as well? Because I seriously doubt that SEELE has the resources to manage all that.

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

•      
  •      

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:42 am

View Original Postbiodude711 wrote:Your talking about individuals. What about whole organizations like the CIA?

Organisations are made of individuals, Kaji was working with the Japanese intelligence yet his death didn't provoke any reaction in the government, actually it's possible that the opposite happened considering that Seele has many links with the most important governments (and they can influence the work of intelligence agencies that eventually depend on the executive power).
So let’s make a wish.
“Please let me redo again.”
No matter how many times

From the book “All About Nagisa Kaworu: A Child of Evangelion”.

biodude711
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby biodude711 » Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:21 am

View Original PostHyper Shinchan wrote:Organisations are made of individuals, Kaji was working with the Japanese intelligence yet his death didn't provoke any reaction in the government, actually it's possible that the opposite happened considering that Seele has many links with the most important governments (and they can influence the work of intelligence agencies that eventually depend on the executive power).

You're assuming that SEELE would know instantaneously what the CIA is doing, when in fact the executive powers of the important governments have little to no idea what is truly going on in their intelligence agencies at the current moment.

Xard
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:34 am

Guys stop poking holes to Eva's setting that's mean, the show is barely coherent as it is even without any deeper questioning of the setting

biodude711
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby biodude711 » Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:42 am

View Original PostXard wrote:Guys stop poking holes to Eva's setting that's mean, the show is barely coherent as it is even without any deeper questioning of the setting

Sorry. -o-;

Someone
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby Someone » Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:58 am

I expected a joke about:
SPOILER: Show
DISCLAIMER: The above statement might or might not be serious.

shito
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby shito » Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:59 pm

Reminds me of those t-shirts saying "STOP! Human Instrumentality Project, We Need A.T. Field!"

I think they were based on an hypotetical case general public were informed about the HIP and reacted against it.
death and

Return to “Evangelion TV Series + EoE Discussion”