What if the secret of the Evangelions were revealed?

For serious and at times in-depth discussions only.

Moderator: Board Staff

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!
User avatar
Age: 25
Posts: 10060
Joined: Aug 29, 2006
Location: Hollywoo
Gender: Male

What if the secret of the Evangelions were revealed?

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Sachi » Sun Feb 04, 2007 11:12 pm

wat if, the general public found out about the Secret of the Eva and how it makes the ATF, and that they're all clones of Adam (Lilith for unit 01).
most people in Nerv, themselves, dont even know about it.

would that create a problem for Nerv?

Anonymous_Evafan
Minion
Minion
Age: 34
Posts: 3254
Joined: Oct 25, 2006
Location: On Reichu's shit list...
Gender: Male

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Anonymous_Evafan » Sun Feb 04, 2007 11:29 pm

Please, oh pleaseeee tell me that isn't a serious question!
Oh, but God forbid any of these theories have any validity! After all, we are just brainwashing innocent people with Reichu's fanclub propaganda!--Trigger's Elysium sarcasm for the masses!

The Eva Monkey
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus
User avatar
Posts: 8947
Joined: Jun 14, 2004
Location: The Evanets.
Gender: Male
Contact:

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby The Eva Monkey » Sun Feb 04, 2007 11:51 pm

That question sounds awfully rhetorical to me.
Webmaster, EvaMonkey.com; Co-founder, EvaGeeks.org; Moderator, r/evangelion.

Follow me on Social Media! [YouTube] [Twitter] [Facebook] [Tumblr] [Twitch]

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!
User avatar
Age: 25
Posts: 10060
Joined: Aug 29, 2006
Location: Hollywoo
Gender: Male

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Sachi » Sun Feb 04, 2007 11:56 pm

im bored, and i cant think of anything better to ask

brainDamage
Lilith
User avatar
Posts: 145
Joined: Nov 05, 2006
Location: Ann Arbor, MI

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby brainDamage » Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:04 am

sometimes, the only stupid question is the one created out of boredom to fill a void,

but seriously, I'm sure most people would be like "shit! thats crazy" but if it saves them, the I'm sure they wouldn't protest.
"You don't know your own mind." -Jonathan Swift, Polite Conversation, 1738

Reichu
Space-Time Teratoma
Space-Time Teratoma
Posts: 23058
Joined: Aug 21, 2004
Location: Lost in Bat Country
Gender: Female
Contact:

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Reichu » Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:14 am

brainDamage wrote:but seriously, I'm sure most people would be like "shit! thats crazy" but if it saves them, the I'm sure they wouldn't protest.

Alternatively, people could go the route of the military and blame Nerv for the Angels coming in the first place. (Which is half-true.)

Anonymous_Evafan
Minion
Minion
Age: 34
Posts: 3254
Joined: Oct 25, 2006
Location: On Reichu's shit list...
Gender: Male

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Anonymous_Evafan » Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:22 am

brainDamage wrote:but seriously, I'm sure most people would be like "shit! thats crazy" but if it saves them, the I'm sure they wouldn't protest.


Would the Evas save them anymore after such a disclosure? Would anyone want to pilot an enslaved God-human with the soul of their mother? I seriously doubt it!
Oh, but God forbid any of these theories have any validity! After all, we are just brainwashing innocent people with Reichu's fanclub propaganda!--Trigger's Elysium sarcasm for the masses!

Trigger's Elysium
Lilin
Lilin
User avatar
Posts: 1116
Joined: Nov 19, 2006
Location: Under the Crimson Air

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Trigger's Elysium » Tue Feb 06, 2007 1:05 am

Secret of the Evangelions: Yui has a penis.
He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man. There is no measuring Muad'Dib's motives by ordinary standards. In the moment of his triumph, he saw the death prepared for him, yet he accepted the treachery. Can you say he did this out of a sense of justice? Whose justice, then? Remember, we speak now of the Muad'Dib who ordered battle drums made from his enemies' skins, the Muad'Dib who denied the conventions of his ducal past with a wave of the hand, saying merely: "I am the Kwisatz Haderach. That is reason enough."

cat42
Lilin
Lilin
User avatar
Posts: 1243
Joined: Aug 20, 2006
Location: The editing room
Contact:

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby cat42 » Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:57 am

Trigger's Elysium wrote:Secret of the Evangelions: Yui has a penis.

Only on her fore head

UNIT-00 however... What is it with that cod piece anyway?
:D
"...I follow you both online and offline, and I am a 4-dimensional manifestation of absolute evil..." - Reichu-tachi
"In all cases, eventually it becomes necessary to decide to 'deliberately betray the fans.'" - Yoji Enokido
I believe in the director of Eva 1.11.

Reichu
Space-Time Teratoma
Space-Time Teratoma
Posts: 23058
Joined: Aug 21, 2004
Location: Lost in Bat Country
Gender: Female
Contact:

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Reichu » Sun Feb 11, 2007 3:07 am

Reposting the part of my response that initiated the tangent but isn't really part of it. --Reichu


Anonymous_Evafan wrote:Would the Evas save them anymore after such a disclosure?


Would factions ethically opposed to sentient entities -- humans even -- being treated in such a way develop?

Would mainstream cults emerge to worship them? (And the Apostles, and the Seeds, or that Matter? ;) )

Would anyone want to pilot an enslaved God-human with the soul of their mother? I seriously doubt it!

<insert horribly distracting reply>

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!
User avatar
Age: 25
Posts: 10060
Joined: Aug 29, 2006
Location: Hollywoo
Gender: Male

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Sachi » Sun Feb 11, 2007 12:28 pm

cat42 wrote:UNIT-00 however... What is it with that cod piece anyway?
:D


u mean that circular thing on its head?
thats an antenna for radio transmissions or something like that
but i do know that its an antenna

Reichu
Space-Time Teratoma
Space-Time Teratoma
Posts: 23058
Joined: Aug 21, 2004
Location: Lost in Bat Country
Gender: Female
Contact:

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Reichu » Sun Feb 11, 2007 1:06 pm

Sachiel_13 wrote:
cat42 wrote:UNIT-00 however... What is it with that cod piece anyway?
:D


u mean that circular thing on its head?

A "cod piece" is something used to cover and protect the groinal region. Typically on men, for whom that region is somewhat more... "vulnerable".

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator
User avatar
Age: 61
Posts: 20174
Joined: Nov 23, 2004
Location: This sceptered isle.
Gender: Male
Contact:

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Mr. Tines » Sun Feb 11, 2007 1:18 pm

A cod-piece covers the cods as might be expected.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics|G+|MAL
Avatar: Ritsu-chan

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!
User avatar
Age: 25
Posts: 10060
Joined: Aug 29, 2006
Location: Hollywoo
Gender: Male

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Sachi » Mon Feb 12, 2007 1:11 am

whoops, i want exactly paying attention to what it said

Conrad Gray
Adam
User avatar
Posts: 70
Joined: Oct 22, 2006

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Conrad Gray » Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:34 pm

The United Nations and the public in general clamps down on NERV. However, strings are pulled and the Eva project continues as it is (but with expansions closely monitored), and several pardons are made because without the Evas Earth is still screwed. However, unless the U.N. is canny enough (and I doubt they are, they let Japan pretty much take the lead in saving the world without giving a second thought to how much power and resources they're putting in the hands of one group of people), SEELE will continue their machinations.

Though if you meant by "the secret of the Evangelions" included "everything we as people who watched the show know", then SEELE is screwed. They're just a group of old, albeit rich and powerful, men.

And hopefully someone will dose the poor Eva pilots with massive amounts of therapy, antidepressants, and spoiling when their mission's over.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?
User avatar
Age: 33
Posts: 22761
Joined: Aug 13, 2006
Location: Living in Houston, TX
Gender: Female
Contact:

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:39 pm

Antidepressants: Only if it works for them, therapy and spoiling: YES, major yes!

LOLZ THEY ALL NEED TO GET LAID, THEN THEY'LL FEEL BETTER :mrgreen: Not that I'd know. Yet, anyway. T_T
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Conrad Gray
Adam
User avatar
Posts: 70
Joined: Oct 22, 2006

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Conrad Gray » Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:40 pm

Exactly. If everything went public, they'll be perceived as poor sweet heroes to the media, and groupies for everybody.

BLACKANGEL32076
Sachiel
User avatar
Age: 42
Posts: 202
Joined: Sep 26, 2005
Location: Clearwater, FL, USA
Gender: Male

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby BLACKANGEL32076 » Wed Feb 14, 2007 9:06 pm

Conrad Gray wrote:The United Nations and the public in general clamps down on NERV. However, strings are pulled and the Eva project continues as it is (but with expansions closely monitored), and several pardons are made because without the Evas Earth is still screwed. However, unless the U.N. is canny enough (and I doubt they are, they let Japan pretty much take the lead in saving the world without giving a second thought to how much power and resources they're putting in the hands of one group of people), SEELE will continue their machinations.

Though if you meant by "the secret of the Evangelions" included "everything we as people who watched the show know", then SEELE is screwed. They're just a group of old, albeit rich and powerful, men.

And hopefully someone will dose the poor Eva pilots with massive amounts of therapy, antidepressants, and spoiling when their mission's over.


Unless of course some people from the UN deciede to kill off the old men first. Who? I don't know, but this would have to happen first to keep this clamp down from happening.
-...because a lot can happen in 24hrs.
-"Consistancy people, consistancy!!!"-George Carlin

Omegagouki
Shikigami of the Castle
Shikigami of the Castle
User avatar
Age: 36
Posts: 1130
Joined: Feb 11, 2006
Location: The Enchanted Lands
Gender: Male
Contact:

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Omegagouki » Wed Feb 14, 2007 11:27 pm

BLACKANGEL32076 wrote:
Unless of course some people from the UN deciede to kill off the old men first. Who? I don't know, but this would have to happen first to keep this clamp down from happening.


That happened in a fanfic I read once. :o I forget the title of it, though. Buuut that's a little offtopic. I'll let you guys get back to your discussion.
PSN/Steam: Zentillion | Tum8lr
8luh 8luh
Sill (and always) promoting Homestuck
Avatar: A hungry demoness.

cat42
Lilin
Lilin
User avatar
Posts: 1243
Joined: Aug 20, 2006
Location: The editing room
Contact:

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby cat42 » Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:40 am

Sachiel_13 wrote:
cat42 wrote:UNIT-00 however... What is it with that cod piece anyway?
:D


u mean that circular thing on its head?
thats an antenna for radio transmissions or something like that
but i do know that its an antenna


I meant UNIT-02
:oops:
"...I follow you both online and offline, and I am a 4-dimensional manifestation of absolute evil..." - Reichu-tachi
"In all cases, eventually it becomes necessary to decide to 'deliberately betray the fans.'" - Yoji Enokido
I believe in the director of Eva 1.11.


Return to “Evangelion Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests