Pen Pen

For serious and at times in-depth discussions only, covering the original TV series, the movies End of Evangelion and Death & Rebirth.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:11 pm

Of course not, Pen Pen has bigger junk.
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

Doublegee
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Doublegee » Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:57 pm

View Original PostChuckman wrote:I think she saw him as more of a Pen Pen with benefits.

If I ever meet Anno, I'll ask him if Misato is a pedophile.

We have waited for an answer for far too long.
Bob Dole doesn't have to take this kind of crap! Bob Dole is a cyborg!

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Monk Ed » Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:08 pm

Shinji is not nearly young enough for lusting after him to constitute pedophilia. A different word is used when it's an adolescent under the legal age of consent.
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:14 pm

I've never seen the correct word (hebephilia) used; and in the UK at least it's not uncommon to extend paedophilia up to Shinji's age.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:43 pm

I don't think she's attracted to pubescent boys as a group, she's attracted to Shinji. It happens to be her luck that the only other person in her life who pushes all the right buttons is fourteen.
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:43 pm

With Japan's laws, I'm pretty sure that Misato could legally sex Shinji up. However, about the question at hand, I don't really think that Misato thought of Shinji in the same way that she thought of Pen2.

Gob Hobblin
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

•      
  •      

Postby Gob Hobblin » Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:01 pm

It would be statutory rape, in which one partner is below the legal age of consent. However, considering Japan's age of consent is thirteen (good God, really Japan?), Misato would not have legally done anything wrong.

Legally.

I think Misato thought of Shinji as Shinji - that is to say, comparing the relationships between Misato and Pen-Pen, and Misato and Shinji is too simple. There's too much nuance to the one she had with Shinji, and too little to go on with Pen-Pen.
Though, Gob still might look good in a cocktail dress.
-Sorrow

Rei wanted to know what waffles tasted like.
-Literary Eagle

We have to remember what's important in life: friends, waffles, and work. Or waffles, friends, and work. But work has to come in third.
-Leslie Knope

Come read EVA Sessions! This place has it, too! There'll be pizza! Not really! There are other things, too! Not EVA Sessions! Did I mention the pizza!?

Dataprime
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Dataprime » Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:02 pm

Oh great not only did I derail the thread - nobody agrees with me :lol:

I genuinely love how good Evangelion hurts
- Suicidahlia

She's so cute. Like crazy cute. Like "She's giving me the diabetus" cute. - Gendo'sPapa

Doublegee
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Doublegee » Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:03 pm

View Original PostGob Hobblin wrote:Japan's age of consent is thirteen (good God, really Japan?)

It can range from 13 to 17 depending on the prefecture, or so I've heard.

Gob Hobblin
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

•      
  •      

Postby Gob Hobblin » Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:05 pm

I think it's an interesting thing to point out, Dataprime, and I don't think there AREN'T similarities. That being said, I think Pen-Pen is more representative of the innocence of the characters getting shunted out the door.

I think there's already been a thread discussing that, though. I mean, his absence really emphasized the way things were starting to erode.

And yes, the Prefecture's can adjust the age as they want. The Japanese Constitution, however (the law of the land) sets the absolute downward minimum as thirteen.
-Sorrow

-Literary Eagle

We have to remember what's important in life: friends, waffles, and work. Or waffles, friends, and work. But work has to come in third.
-Leslie Knope

Come read EVA Sessions! This place has it, too! There'll be pizza! Not really! There are other things, too! Not EVA Sessions! Did I mention the pizza!?

Doublegee
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Doublegee » Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:17 pm

View Original PostGob Hobblin wrote:And yes, the Prefecture's can adjust the age as they want. The Japanese Constitution, however (the law of the land) sets the absolute downward minimum as thirteen.

That's an oddly specific thing to include in a national Constitution...

Gob Hobblin
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

•      
  •      

Postby Gob Hobblin » Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:19 pm

I know, right!?
-Sorrow

-Literary Eagle

-Leslie Knope

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:21 pm

The way I understand it, Douglas MacArthur basically wrote Japan's constitution and put a bunch of weird shit in there. The whole no pubes/tentacles thing stems from that, as well.

Or rather, his staff did.I need to find a book on this. The online resources I just skimmed aren't very specific.

Also, the functional age of legal consent in Japan is 17-18. I say this every time it comes up, but saying Japan's age of consent is 13 is like saying the United States' age of consent is 12 because that's technically true in certain places under specific circumstances.
the prophecy is true

Gob Hobblin
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

•      
  •      

Postby Gob Hobblin » Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:24 pm

Yeah, MacArthur was a...weird dude.

Mention him in the Army, and you're either going to get a lot of people who think he was The Last Great Soldier, or a lot who think he was a glory-hog and a disaster waiting to happen.

....He was a character.
-Sorrow

-Literary Eagle

-Leslie Knope

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Monk Ed » Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:05 pm

From Pen Pen to MacArthur in less than a page.

I have no idea what I'm going to do with all this.
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

Gob Hobblin
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

•      
  •      

Postby Gob Hobblin » Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:22 pm

The less said about MacArthur, the better.

Especially when we can discuss that brilliant shining god in my avatar over there on the left.
-Sorrow

-Literary Eagle

-Leslie Knope

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:41 pm

I can actually tell you why Pen Pen is God and/or Anno's avatar but I have a weird feeling I did that before.
the prophecy is true

dasuke
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby dasuke » Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:31 am

Ok so after reading all the responses, I came to the conclusion that Pen Pen is the ONE TRUE GOD and creator of all things. Am I correct?
Seriously now, I think I'll be changing my avatar ;_;
Because you know "There can be only one"

Just kidding I'm not going down without a fight! :dumbells: :headbeat:

Edit: Ok I lost that one -o-; but I will be training to one day earn the right to use the almighty avatar(or not)
♪ All I ever wanted, all I ever needed is here in my arms, words are very, unnecessary. They can only do harm ♪

Gob Hobblin
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

•      
  •      

Postby Gob Hobblin » Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:33 am

"And lo, did the Pen of All Pens stretch forth his flipper-wing, and thus burst forth the beasts that walked on the earth,
And the elephants
And the rabbbits
And the sloths
And the orang-ootans
And then he warked, for it was good."

Actually, Chuckman...I think you did, because that sounds really familiar. And it made a shocking amount of sense, too. I remember you, Pen-Pen being God, and the feeling of rightness. These three elements were together.
-Sorrow

-Literary Eagle

-Leslie Knope

gorgeousshutin
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby gorgeousshutin » Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:52 am

View Original PostGob Hobblin wrote:I remember you, Pen-Pen being God, and the feeling of rightness. These three elements were together.

There needs to be a fic where Pen Pen takes control of Instrumentality and remolds the world as per his wishes. :lol:
The Gorgeous Shut-in
Current fics:
(SKU/MPD) Seinen Kakumei Utena (Completed as of May 12, 2018)
(PSOH/SKU) Revolutionary Human Leon (Updated to Part 4 as of Nov, 2017)
(NGE) The End of Hedgehog_s Dilemma (Updated to Part II Chapter 6 as of May 17, 2016)
(Banana Fish)Medusa (Updated to Chapter 3 as of Mar 01, 2016)
http://archiveofourown.org/users/gorgeousshutin/works
or
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/3978886/

Return to “Evangelion TV Series + EoE Discussion”