Shinji in 4.0 Speculation Thread

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
K40s
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby K40s » Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:48 pm

View Original Postqu4d wrote:Why do you always write WILL-E? It's just WILLE.
It's a joke, it's a reference to Wall-E, the Disney movie about the robot.

It's similar to how some people write "Blu-Rei" instead of "Blu-Ray" :lol:

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:57 pm

View Original PostK40s wrote:It's a joke, it's a reference to Wall-E, the Disney movie about the robot

It's kind of a dumb one, since "Wille" sounds nothing like "Wall-e".
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:46 pm

Not his fault.

Wether it's his fault or not has little relation to wether WILLE cares.

Misato spared him last time, but now, she'll feel like 4I happened because she let him live, she'll be all sorts of emotional and that makes her dangerous. We have seen that she can't just shoot him, but I see an attempt at a "murder suicide" as likely, depending of what kinds of situations arive.
Like, she hugs him with a grenade behind his back. It's a common scenario when someone has to "stop a relative who has become a monster".

Logic dictates they they either throw him back into his cell or just shoot him, but that would make a rather short or eventless movie, so presumably, unspecified plot events will keep them from doing that.

I wouldn't be surprised if the kids didn't get back to the Wunder for the first third of the movie, instead doing stuff in the wasteland.
I wanted to try harvesting the rice

I wanted to hold Tsubame more

I wanted to stay together forever with the boy I like

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby SEELE-01 » Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:08 pm

View Original Postpalerider1911 wrote:Oh, ooh! Or it could be like Enter The Void, and we get to see things from the perspective of Shinji's disembodied, silent ghost, as he floats around to see how life is going for everyone else after he's dead. Image

And then....Shinji's ghost can possess [...]'s sperm right is they're about to inseminate Asuka, and he'll spend the next 9 months inside of her womb. Image

That sounds dangerously like Re-take Asuka :cringe:
Visit my Eva-figures Youtube channel!

hwdge
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby hwdge » Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:08 pm

he could be a world ending level asshat and threaten to gg the world if they touch him

palerider1911
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby palerider1911 » Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:09 pm

View Original PostSEELE-01 wrote:That sounds dangerously like Re-take Asuka :cringe:

I just read through it. That's amazing! :lol:

Gus Hanson
Authentic Wizard
Authentic Wizard

•      
  •      

Postby Gus Hanson » Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:27 pm

I imagine a scenario where Shinji is suicidal so he grabs one of the guard's guns and threatens to blow his brains out but then someone like Sakura or Asuka talks or slaps some sense into him.
"Damn it! Who do I have to screw around here just to get a stupid story?!" - Gail Hailstorm, author of the book You're Dead, I'm Rich (Scary Movie)

bladerj
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby bladerj » Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:44 am

Shinji hit the bottom, remember what he did in eoe ? he didnt care about the world so decided to end it. same here every attempt to help others only got him hurt and caused trouble .he may just decide to follow through with instrumentality and thats what gendo is counting on.
ANATA BAKA !?

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:00 am

View Original PostGus Hanson wrote:I imagine a scenario where Shinji is suicidal so he grabs one of the guard's guns and threatens to blow his brains out but then someone like Sakura or Asuka talks or slaps some sense into him.

I thought about this but I don't think he'd use suicide to threaten others. He's done with other people.
If anything it could seem to him like the only alternative from catatonic inaction like he's used to, but at this time his spirit is more crushed than ever before.

Also assuming the bags him and Rei have are standard pilot survival kits, there's probably a handgun in there.
"Hooray for other things!" -NAveryW

Veefy
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Veefy » Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:08 am

I'm hoping that the final scene of the film is Shinji bringing Gendo's head on a pike back to Misato and then the film ends with all of Wille standing around in a circle cheering and saying congratulations! :lol:

(okay I don't really think that would be a good ending but it would certainly give fans something to talk about for a few decades)...

Shinoyami65
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Shinoyami65 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:46 pm

I just thought of something horribly dark, but possible. What if, at the conclusion of the film, Wille lures Shinji back with promises of amnesty. Shinji goes back. Then they poison his food or something and kill him painlessly?
E̱͡v͈̙e͔̰̳͙r̞͍y͏̱̲̭͎̪ṱ͙̣̗̱͠h̰̰i͙n̶̮̟̳͍͍̫͓g̩ ̠͈en̶̖̹̪d̸̙̦͙̜͕͍̞s̸̰.̳̙̺̟̻̀

I always thought I might be bad
Now I know that it's true
Because I think you're so good
And I'm nothing like you

Stillborn
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Stillborn » Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:52 pm

That would be a Judas kiss. But actually may be an act of mercykill.
Another jaded man.
Wciąż stoję nieruchomo, w nieżywym już szeregu. Umieram na stojąco, niech inni giną w biegu.

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:53 pm

There is no point to any of this unless it ends with some kind of future for Shinji to resolve his problems in, however bleak it may be. Death resolves nothing.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

Stillborn
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Stillborn » Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:55 pm

Yes it does. A corpse don't desire, don't complain, don't whine, don't dream... The only thing left is what to do with the body. And that shouldn't ba much of a problem.
Another jaded man.
Wciąż stoję nieruchomo, w nieżywym już szeregu. Umieram na stojąco, niech inni giną w biegu.

UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End
The Beginning and The End

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:57 pm

Leaving Shinji with a fate worse than death seems a more likely option. He does need to speak to both dad and mom first.
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:06 pm

View Original PostStillborn wrote:Yes it does. A corpse don't desire, don't complain, don't whine, don't dream...

This response does make me wonder why you're even watching this series, let alone coming here to discuss it.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby SEELE-01 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:11 pm

View Original Postpwhodges wrote:Death resolves nothing.

Death may be the only absolute freedom there ever was :lol:
Visit my Eva-figures Youtube channel!

Stillborn
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Stillborn » Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:32 pm

View Original Postpwhodges wrote:This response does make me wonder why you're even watching this series, let alone coming here to discuss it.

I have no idea. It's an amalgation of whims and inner needs. I wont divulge nuances of my psyche so there is no straight answer for this. Apparently you just have to bear with me. Also I mentioned in one of ma posts what actually keeps me alive, so it's been explained already. :ehh:

But probably to share my joyful and bright personality with you.
Another jaded man.

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:47 pm

View Original PostGus Hanson wrote:I imagine a scenario where Shinji is suicidal so he grabs one of the guard's guns and threatens to blow his brains out but then someone like Sakura or Asuka talks or slaps some sense into him.

Oddly, I can envision this. The problem is that with the state that Shinji is in, I'm not sure how easy it would be to talk him out of it. Or they could slap him with another DSS choker, and he would try to intentionally set it off.

Stillborn
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Stillborn » Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:00 pm

View Original PostNuclear Lunchbox wrote:Oddly, I can envision this. The problem is that with the state that Shinji is in, I'm not sure how easy it would be to talk him out of it. Or they could slap him with another DSS choker, and he would try to intentionally set it off.

Well. Shinji no longer is a human being. He's an asset. Why they would try to save him unless he is needed for something? I guess only so that he would be tortured by guilt.
Another jaded man.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”