[Film] The Trailers & Upcoming Films Thread

A subforum for discussions about Film, TV, and Videos.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

movieartman
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

Re: [Film] The Trailers & Upcoming Films Thread

•      
  •      

Postby movieartman » Thu Dec 29, 2016 5:49 pm

^^^ Agreed on everything you suggested Ray.

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Thu Dec 29, 2016 6:21 pm

No, clearly what we need is a Gremlins Expanded Universe.
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

movieartman
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby movieartman » Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:49 pm

A new Perry Mason movie/show is a passion project for Robert Downey Jr apparently, Warner Bros was suppose to do a film with him 5 years ago but never happened, now HBO is apparently wanting 8 episode seasons with him whenever his schedule will allow. True Detective's Nic Pizzolatto will write.
http://deadline.com/2016/08/hbo-eyes-se ... 201803911/

Guy Nacks
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Guy Nacks » Sat Jan 14, 2017 12:05 am

I guess this means True Detective S3 is officially dead in the water.
Among the people who use the Internet, many are obtuse. Because they are locked in their rooms, they hang on to that vision which is spreading across the world. But this does not go beyond mere ‘data’. Data without analysis [thinking], which makes you think that you know everything. This complacency is nothing but a trap. Moreover, the sense of values that counters this notion is paralyzed by it.

And so we arrive at demagogy. - Hideaki Anno, 1996

movieartman
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby movieartman » Sat Jan 14, 2017 12:52 am

View Original PostGuy Nacks wrote:I guess this means True Detective S3 is officially dead in the water.

Not quite thankfully.
In July 2016, HBO head of programming Casey Bloys confirmed plans for a potential third season, stating, "It is not dead. I talked to Nic about it and both Nic and HBO are open to another season. I don't think Nic has a take and he's working on some other projects. We're open to somebody else writing it and Nic supervising it. It's a valuable franchise, it's not dead, we just don't have a take for a third season yet."

Guy Nacks
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Guy Nacks » Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:14 pm

So, not dead, but it's basically in a coma and hooked up to life-support at this point.
Among the people who use the Internet, many are obtuse. Because they are locked in their rooms, they hang on to that vision which is spreading across the world. But this does not go beyond mere ‘data’. Data without analysis [thinking], which makes you think that you know everything. This complacency is nothing but a trap. Moreover, the sense of values that counters this notion is paralyzed by it.

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:17 am

It died when the writer got caught plagiarizing and lifting ideas and dialogue and passing them off as his own, and was forced to drop the intriguing "secret occult history of the American transportation system" in favor of what we got.

S2 want bad just bloated, but Season 1 was lightning in a bottle. Exceptional cast, great chemistry, amazing work on every episode by Fukanaga, and Alexandra Daddario's boobs.
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

Director Black
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Director Black » Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:54 am

Is there any mention of Wes Anderson's next movie?

I can't tell whetherI should be excited or just intrigued with it. Then again, I do consider Fantastic Mr. Fox to be a great work (Probably because Anderson's style is very animated by nature).

Also weird but still hillarious that Yoko Ono herself is playing a character
Anywhere Can Be Paradise as Long As I Have the Will to Live...

...after all, I am Alive, So I'll Always Have the Chance to Be Happy.

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:51 pm

Funimation has finally set a release date for Makoto Shinkai's YOUR NAME in the USA.
April 7th.

https://www.funimation.com/blog/your-na ... il-7-2017/

Director Black
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Director Black » Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:11 pm

View Original PostGendo'sPapa wrote:Funimation has finally set a release date for Makoto Shinkai's YOUR NAME in the USA.
April 7th.

https://www.funimation.com/blog/your-na ... il-7-2017/

Going into that blind and not reading any reviews of it. Always sucks when your expectations for an anime are tarnished.
Anywhere Can Be Paradise as Long As I Have the Will to Live...

...after all, I am Alive, So I'll Always Have the Chance to Be Happy.

movieartman
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby movieartman » Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:21 am

New Power Rangers trailer...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kIe6UZHSXw
I think the Ranger's suits look great, but Rita looks awful and way to plasticy, something like this would have been vastly better, (actress wise also) - https://cdna.artstation.com/p/assets/im ... 1482331950
Poor dialogue tho.

Squigsquasher
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Squigsquasher » Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:59 am

View Original Postmovieartman wrote:New Power Rangers trailer...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kIe6UZHSXw
I think the Ranger's suits look great, but Rita looks awful and way to plasticy, something like this would have been vastly better, (actress wise also) - https://cdna.artstation.com/p/assets/im ... 1482331950
Poor dialogue tho.

The acting is crap, the suit designs are generic as hell, the Megazord looks like one of Bay's Transformers (except much worse), everything I've seen of the toyline so far looks unspeakably bad...Looks like a complete disaster waiting to happen. I'm not the biggest Sentai/Rangers fan (watched Wild Force and SPD as a kid) but I'm still somehow disappointed at how bad this looks.

I suppose actual suits for the robots/monsters would have been asking too much, but the least they could have done is made the suits not look like Bayformer ripoffs.
Here lies Squigsquasher.
2013-2017.

movieartman
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby movieartman » Sat Jan 28, 2017 7:45 pm

Another Friday the 13th reboot starts filming in March.
I will forever be lost on me why the fuck they didn't just do a sequel to the 2009 film, it made 91 million off a 19 million budget and was better received by fans then the Halloween & Nightmare on Elm Street remakes. :facepalm:

movieartman
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby movieartman » Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:50 am

Denis Villeneuve (arrival, blade runner's upcoming sequel) is definitively confirmed for the Dune reboot.

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:22 am

View Original Postmovieartman wrote:Denis Villeneuve (arrival, blade runner's upcoming sequel) is definitively confirmed for the Dune reboot.

Another one? For Pete's sake, why? I get wanting to take another crack at it after that loopy movie, but the miniseries was pretty darn good. Why reboot it again instead of doing something new?
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

Gob Hobblin
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

•      
  •      

Postby Gob Hobblin » Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:24 am

Because it's pronounced Har-KOH-nen, not HAR-ka-non.
Though, Gob still might look good in a cocktail dress.
-Sorrow

Rei wanted to know what waffles tasted like.
-Literary Eagle

We have to remember what's important in life: friends, waffles, and work. Or waffles, friends, and work. But work has to come in third.
-Leslie Knope

Come read EVA Sessions! This place has it, too! There'll be pizza! Not really! There are other things, too! Not EVA Sessions! Did I mention the pizza!?

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:28 am

Dune is just too big to be a movie.

The longer cut of Lynch's Dune is a favorite of mine though even if he disowns it.
the prophecy is true

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:30 am

View Original PostChuckman wrote:Dune is just too big to be a movie.

The longer cut of Lynch's Dune is a favorite of mine though even if he disowns it.

It's not really the Dune of the novels, but I agree it's wonderful as a film in its own right.
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

Guy Nacks
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Guy Nacks » Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:38 pm

Jesus Christ, from Blade Runner right into Dune? That's not quite as godly as Abrams moving from Star Trek right into Star Wars, but damn...Villeneuve's gaining serious fucking steam.

movieartman
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby movieartman » Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:33 pm

New Pirates of the Caribbean footage...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3wJjLXjySg

Return to “Film and Video”