Non-Eva Anime and Manga discussion

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

A.T. Fish
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby A.T. Fish » Fri Jul 03, 2015 6:57 am

View Original PostBagheera wrote:That's a bit creepy, and kind of puzzling. I mean, what would you get from underwire measure that you wouldn't from cup size? And breast weight? Jeez, talk about overcomplicating things.

Maybe it's plot relevant, the girls' power level could be connected to the weight of their breasts.

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:58 am

In other news, Trigger has revealed that they are working on their fourth original animated project. No links are available since they just announced it at AX yesterday.

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:59 am

View Original PostBagheera wrote:That's a bit creepy, and kind of puzzling. I mean, what would you get from underwire measure that you wouldn't from cup size? And breast weight?

Four words.

Japanese. Men. Are. Perverts.

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:01 pm

For someone so anti-racist, that's shockingly racist.

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:03 pm

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:19 pm

View Original PostRay wrote:It's true. Though it's not entirely their fault...

You post ranting screeds about how racist we are to Asians while refusing to even acknowledge that there are people who are are even shittier situations when it comes to racism (not to say that picking a cause and sticking to it is bad, but rather that you don't acknowledge that there are other causes that are just as if not more serious) and then proceed to make sweeping generalizations yourself, all topped off with a bit of the ol' "white man ruins everything".

Come on, Ray. If you can't even stick to your own positions, it may be worth questioning why you bother to espouse them and why you expect the rest of us to take them seriously.

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:23 pm

I never claimed to be perfect or unbiased in my opinions. I posted more out of humourous intent than actually wanting to have any real serious discussion about the topic.

But to follow up Bagheera's question. . . why? WHY?

Fireball
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

•      
  •      

Postby Fireball » Sat Jul 04, 2015 4:19 am

You think that's weird, why don't you check out the next classical composer anime with robots

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-07-03/sunrise-reveals-classicaloid-comedy-tv-anime-for-2016/.90031

"I was born into the wrong time" - laughed the girl

「<ゝω・)\綺羅星☆!!/
[/size]

Shamsiel-kun
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Shamsiel-kun » Sat Jul 04, 2015 6:02 pm

View Original PostBagheera wrote:That's a bit creepy, and kind of puzzling. I mean, what would you get from underwire measure that you wouldn't from cup size? And breast weight? Jeez, talk about overcomplicating things.

Is the commander a guy or a gal? If a guy, why does he also have three sizes?

Also, that illustration of two of the characters together makes me question whether the artist understands how human anatomy works (or is the loli's spine broken?).

El Squibbonator
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby El Squibbonator » Sat Aug 01, 2015 2:35 pm

Not an anime per se, but a just-announced mange by an author who has had works adapted into anime before:

The Gekkan @ Comic Bunch of September on sale tomorrow, we learn that Mohiro Kitô, the author of Bokurano - Our Challenge, will launch a new series in the October issue, on sale on 21 August.

Entitled Futago no Teikoku (The Twin Empires), this new series will be entitled to the magazine cover as well as color pages for his debut.

The story takes place during the 2595th year of the era Kô (Light). Ko, the country of the rising sun, invaded several countries and war rages. Its territory does not stop to grow and in heaven, the battleships are legion. Gaw, a young immigrant boy, and Fa, a mysterious young girl, will find themselves embarking on this "war".
Life can seem a challenge. Life can seem impossible. It's never easy when so much is on the line.

Do you like Eva? Do you like Pokemon? Then check out Neon Genesis Evangelemon-- You Can (Not) Catch 'Em All thread/16052/Neon-Genesis-Evangelemon/

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Sat Aug 08, 2015 1:50 pm

News about Spice and Wolf S3 from the author of the LN.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Alaska Slim
Frigus Ignoramus
Frigus Ignoramus

...B?

•      
  •      

Postby Alaska Slim » Sat Aug 08, 2015 11:07 pm

^ Did you like Spice & Wolf, Professor?
"Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing." - 1 Thessalonians 5:11

"It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

"God is in his Heaven, and free men walk upon the Earth" - Rev. Robert Sirico, President of the Acton Institute

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Sun Aug 09, 2015 1:20 am

No.

Although the premise was something I thought I might enjoy, the first couple of episodes were pretty but boring, and the set-up of the arbitrage that was going to be the first real plot-point seemed to be exactly backwards, so that's where I left it. It at least didn't irk me as much as other series that disappointed in similar fashion.

However, the series seems to have a following, so I posted news when I had it.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Sun Aug 09, 2015 6:35 am

I wanted to like it, but found it tedious. I would find its popularity baffling, but hey, cute wolf girl, so go figure.
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

Fireball
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

•      
  •      

Postby Fireball » Sun Aug 09, 2015 7:39 am

Good and bad news

In recent interview with the creators of the remake of Uchuu Senkan Yamato it has been announced that the second season got green-lit. What we know so far:

- It should be another 26 episode production
- Will première in theatres and then will air in TV just like first season
- Will be remake of Uchuu Senkan Yamato 2 while resolving things from first season of the remake and continuation movie which premièred last year in december
- Xebec is still helming the production
- The series will feature elements of other Yamato series'
- First batch of episodes should premiere at the end of 2016

http://blog.goo.ne.jp/myedf/e/e6b2115f210fe2e5690c3c53866eb158

and today they also announced the Kancolle movie and s2

http://otakomu.jp/archives/287445.html
http://yaraon-blog.com/archives/67646

pls no :facepalm:

"I was born into the wrong time" - laughed the girl

「<ゝω・)\綺羅星☆!!/
[/size]

Justacrazyguy
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Justacrazyguy » Sun Aug 09, 2015 7:53 am

More Yamato! I haven't watched the second season of the original though so I guess most of the references will fly over my head, and that's kind of annoying because it was really satisfying to see all the little things you would only get if watched the original show.
Nearly all teenage boys are dumbfucks-Xard

É altura de se tornarem pessoas interessantes.- My Classic Culture Teacher

MYANIMELIST-http://myanimelist.net/profile/Justacrazyguy

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Sat Oct 10, 2015 5:59 am

Amanchu anime coming next summer! There may be no more Aria (after this autumn's extra OVA material), but this is the next best thing.

unz
Israfel
Israfel

•      
  •      

Postby unz » Sat Oct 10, 2015 6:31 am

View Original PostMr. Tines wrote:No.

Although the premise was something I thought I might enjoy, the first couple of episodes were pretty but boring, and the set-up of the arbitrage that was going to be the first real plot-point seemed to be exactly backwards, so that's where I left it. It at least didn't irk me as much as other series that disappointed in similar fashion.

However, the series seems to have a following, so I posted news when I had it.

*reads of no s3 and goes sadpanda*
At the cost of looking like glorifying it I found it entertaining, none of the main characters plays like a saint and merchants are fundamentally cheaters. It would've sucked otherwise and yeah obviously romance takes over and you should at least expect some power of love changing the male lead by the end of it all as he goes "money love is the root of all evuls". Still it's pretty much an option if you are looking for stories. Unless it's the usual shojo thing then I wouldn't know but I'm reading the LN and it has some wit. You probably won't like how dense Lorenzo is and how knows it all Holo acts but that's dynamic for exposing you economics.

tldr; won't blow your mind but I didn't find it the usual thing, at no point the fate of the world was at stake nor the anime suddendly flooded with anthropomorphic harems and stuff.
Idk I give it bearable/10?

TehDonutKing
Camel Dilettante
Camel Dilettante

•      
  •      

Postby TehDonutKing » Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:10 am

View Original Postunz wrote:*reads of no s3 and goes sadpanda*

I misread this as *goes to sadpanda* and thought you were going into the deep web of hentai.
/hj

I said and did some dumb and hurtful things in my time here when i was younger. If i ever hurt you, i'm sorry. If you see any of this while reading old threads, i'm learning and trying to improve. Donut redemption arc in progress.

unz
Israfel
Israfel

•      
  •      

Postby unz » Mon Oct 12, 2015 12:14 pm

it was sad panda like sad panda, don't know of any related hentai

Return to “Anime and Manga”