Original Asuka

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
RussianRiz
Adam

Original Asuka

•      
  •      

Postby RussianRiz » Fri Aug 13, 2021 9:47 am

So, in the movie, we finally meet the origin of Shikinami surname. This raises the question: which one is the Original Asuka? Is it Sohryu? The 2.22 Asuka? Or even another one?

And, if she was not the original, 2.22 Asuka and Q+Shin Asuka are the same?

Raikyu
Tunniel
Tunniel

Re: Original Asuka

•      
  •      

Postby Raikyu » Fri Aug 13, 2021 11:30 am

View Original PostRussianRiz wrote:So, in the movie, we finally meet the origin of Shikinami surname. This raises the question: which one is the Original Asuka? Is it Sohryu? The 2.22 Asuka? Or even another one?

And, if she was not the original, 2.22 Asuka and Q+Shin Asuka are the same?

I think that 2.22 Asuka and Q+Shin Asuka are the same character. The angelic powers she used in Shin were obtained after being infected by the 9th Angel in 2.0. If they were different characters she couldn't transform Unit-02 into a Radiant Giant.

I wanted to know who her original counterpart is too and I hope that her backstory is expanded in the future. At least, Anno showed some interest in describing some untold stories of the new continuity. I would like to see more aspects of Soryu being incorporated in Shikinami. For example, reintroducing Kyoko, making Asuka a test tube baby, just like in the manga, but this time they did 100 Asukas instead of one. This way, Kyoko can exist in NTE and have her soul inside of Unit-02's core. In this my head canon, every Asuka have two genetic donors: Kyoko (Shikinami) and one that changes from clone to clone (Langley in this case). But then again, this is just pure head canon from my side.

I once read here an interesting theory that Kyoko could have successfully killed Asuka in this continuity, so NERV needed to create the Shikinami Series to replace the original one.

RussianRiz
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby RussianRiz » Fri Aug 13, 2021 11:51 am

Well, I don't consider the existence of Kyoto in NTE's continuality. Shin even changed the role of Misato's father, so I think it's ok to only work with the informations we have, and not those we only presume from NGE/EoE. The Sohryu matter I can consider with the existence of the beach scene. It's certainly a nod to the fans, but wheter it indicates real connections between Sohryu and Shikinami is really unknown for me.

Raikyu
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Raikyu » Fri Aug 13, 2021 1:17 pm

View Original PostRussianRiz wrote:Well, I don't consider the existence of Kyoto in NTE's continuality. Shin even changed the role of Misato's father, so I think it's ok to only work with the informations we have, and not those we only presume from NGE/EoE. The Sohryu matter I can consider with the existence of the beach scene. It's certainly a nod to the fans, but wheter it indicates real connections between Sohryu and Shikinami is really unknown for me.

Don't get me wrong, I believe that we should consider the information we have too. But some gaps I like to fill with some headcanon. But I won't take it really seriously.

rangure0412
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby rangure0412 » Fri Aug 13, 2021 3:21 pm

The original Shikinami looks like is the other Shikinami survivor

She was removed as test pilot and "reallocated"

Raikyu
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Raikyu » Fri Aug 13, 2021 3:37 pm

I still have two questions.

Firstly, what exactly is an "original"? The first Shikinami produced? A normal girl that was the genetic basis of the Shikinami Series?

Secondly, is she physically piloting Eva-13? Was she converted in a dummy plug?

rangure0412
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby rangure0412 » Fri Aug 13, 2021 4:10 pm

View Original PostRaikyu wrote:I still have two questions.

Firstly, what exactly is an "original"? The first Shikinami produced? A normal girl that was the genetic basis of the Shikinami Series?

Secondly, is she physically piloting Eva-13? Was she converted in a dummy plug?

1) As you can see theres an Shikinami in the very center of the table so i take her as the first one. Maybe how the equivallent of Rei I in NGE.

2) She is the soul of the Eva 13. She dont worked as pilot so they decided to use her in other way.

The thing i dont see yet is who is the "seed" ? Yui is the seed for the Ayanami series. So maybe Rebuid´s Kyoko is the seed for the Shikinami series?
Probably were never going to know.

Raikyu
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Raikyu » Fri Aug 13, 2021 4:19 pm

View Original Postrangure0412 wrote:Secondly, is she physically piloting Eva-13? Was she converted in a dummy plug?

Thanks for the answers. So "the original" is the soul of eva-13 just like Yui is the soul of eva-01, right? In that case, eva-13 is using 2 souls: the original Shikinami and Kaworu.

rangure0412
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby rangure0412 » Fri Aug 13, 2021 4:33 pm

View Original PostRaikyu wrote:
View Original Postrangure0412#928159 wrote:Secondly, is she physically piloting Eva-13? Was she converted in a dummy plug?

Thanks for the answers. So "the original" is the soul of eva-13 just like Yui is the soul of eva-01, right? In that case, eva-13 is using 2 souls: the original Shikinami and Kaworu.

Its unclear if the Kaworu inside Eva 13 is also part of the core since its production or is only the "ghost" of the Kaworu who dies in 3.33.

Konja7
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Konja7 » Fri Aug 13, 2021 4:39 pm

View Original Postrangure0412 wrote:Its unclear if the Kaworu inside Eva 13 is also part of the core since its production or is only the "ghost" of the Kaworu who dies in 3.33.

The soul of Kaworu should be trapped inside Eva-13 after he died in 3.33 (like Rei is trapped in Eva-01 since she lost her body in 2.22).

There is also "Zombie Kaworu" who pilots Eva-13.

Yamashita mentioned this on twitter:

Translated by Nuclear Lunchbox:

"We only said so much at the discussion today. In Shin Evangelion, this is what's actually inside the reactivated Unit 13's entry plug. Inside the LCL, the remains of what used to be him are floating about. Even with his soul gone, his body was reconstructed to allow Unit 13 to move, and his fingers sometimes flutter on the control keys."
Last edited by Konja7 on Fri Aug 13, 2021 5:19 pm, edited 4 times in total.

RussianRiz
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby RussianRiz » Fri Aug 13, 2021 4:39 pm

Evangelion-13 needs two souls to use both spears, I remember this from Q. Gendo says he doesn't have a soul anymore, so I think that's correct. Eva-13 has the souls of Kaworu and Original Asuka.

Raikyu
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Raikyu » Fri Aug 13, 2021 4:55 pm

View Original PostKonja7 wrote:There is also "Zombie Kaworu" who pilots Eva-13.

It's kinda like a pseudo dummy plug

Registration2
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Registration2 » Fri Aug 13, 2021 5:05 pm

Is the original Asuka the S.S. Asuka?

rangure0412
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby rangure0412 » Fri Aug 13, 2021 5:08 pm

View Original PostKonja7 wrote:
View Original Postrangure0412#928165 wrote:Its unclear if the Kaworu inside Eva 13 is also part of the core since its production or is only the "ghost" of the Kaworu who dies in 3.33.

The soul of Kaworu should be trapped inside Eva-13 after he died in 3.33 (like Rei is trapped in Eva-01 since she lost her body in 2.22).

There is also "Zombie Kaworu" who pilots Eva-13.

Yamashita mentioned this on twitter:
https://mobile.twitter.com/ikuto_yamash ... art%3D1660

Translated by Nuclear Lunchbox:

"We only said so much at the discussion today. In Shin Evangelion, this is what's actually inside the reactivated Unit 13's entry plug. Inside the LCL, the remains of what used to be him are floating about. Even with his soul gone, his body was reconstructed to allow Unit 13 to move, and his fingers sometimes flutter on the control keys."

Thanks for the info.

So this confirms that can be more of 1 Kaworu existing at the same time?

Konja7
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Konja7 » Fri Aug 13, 2021 5:14 pm

View Original Postrangure0412 wrote:So this confirms that can be more of 1 Kaworu existing at the same time?

No. "Zombie Kaworu" is just the souless body/remains from Kaworu after his death in 3.33.

Kaworu's soul is also trapped in Eva-13, but it isn't inside that body anymore.

Raikyu
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Raikyu » Fri Aug 13, 2021 5:23 pm

Even the entry plug used by the zombie is the same one where Kaworu exploded. That's why I called it pseudo dummy plug. It's kinda like they repurposed the original entry plug with Kaworu's remains to be a dummy plug. Just like in EoE, even after Kaworu died, his data was used in the form of dummy plugs.

DantesInferno
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby DantesInferno » Fri Aug 13, 2021 11:57 pm

It really bugs me that Wille keeps the DSS choker on Asuka (and Mari) at all times, lest she starts an impact or something, and at the same time are totally OK with rigging her entry plug with "angel blood" injectors (ready to use 24/7) just in case , you know, she needs to go berserk or something... KINDA GETTING MIXED SIGNALS THERE, Misato!

In my opinion, removing the pillar from her eye should have been enough.

Caroline L.S.
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Caroline L.S. » Sat Aug 14, 2021 1:32 am

Wrong. Watch the plugsuits... In the final scenes when Shinji confronts Asuka on the beach, she wears the original NGE plugsuit. One she wore only in the TV show. Ever since she appeared in rebuilds, she wore the suit with two diamonds on the collar. The Asuka on the beach is Soryu. The connection to of rebuilds to the original is there, but I can't make heads or tails of it. This movie is one hot mess, and I doubt that anyone but Anno will be able to make heads or tails of it.

rangure0412
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby rangure0412 » Sat Aug 14, 2021 2:35 am

View Original PostRegistration2 wrote:Is the original Asuka the S.S. Asuka?

No, S.S (Shikinami. Series) Asuka is the Asuka we know. Probably she's is the unique one with name.

rangure0412
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby rangure0412 » Sat Aug 14, 2021 3:00 am

View Original PostCaroline L.S. wrote:Wrong. Watch the plugsuits... In the final scenes when Shinji confronts Asuka on the beach, she wears the original NGE plugsuit. One she wore only in the TV show. Ever since she appeared in rebuilds, she wore the suit with two diamonds on the collar. The Asuka on the beach is Soryu. The connection to of rebuilds to the original is there, but I can't make heads or tails of it. This movie is one hot mess, and I doubt that anyone but Anno will be able to make heads or tails of it.

Yeah, the plugsuit its the same but cant be Soryu. Miyamura already stated Soryu not appears in any Rebuild, the body she has in this scene is the body of an adult, also the hair color is not the same of Soryu and more important:

Shinji: Thanks for saying you liked me
Soryu: When i said that?

Shinji: Send regards to Kensuke
Soryu: Why I'm going to give regards to the pervert who take me voyeur photos?

Mari: Take care of yourself princess
Soryu: Who TF are you?

What I think? This is symbolic. Shikinami is never going to be Soryu. She don't fit in Soryu clothes, also you can see she don't have the a10 clips in her hair. After the scene when Ken-Ken say to her: Asuka is Asuka that's enough. Is a conclusion for her that she is free of her position as pilot, there's more outside. In the case of Soryu, well Soryu is Soryu you know what I'm talking about.
Last edited by rangure0412 on Sat Aug 14, 2021 3:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”