Shin Eva leak general

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Cookie H Wilson
Adam

Re: Shin Eva leak general

Postby Cookie H Wilson » Thu Mar 11, 2021 4:26 am

SPOILER: Show
View Original PostFXArmaros98 wrote:https://i.imgur.com/PsdpOQ7_d.webp?maxwidth=760&fidelity=grand
In this picture from the pamphlet it seems that we can see some scenes of psychological introspection In this image from the booklet of the film it seems that we can see some scenes of the psychological introspection of Gendo, Kaworu and Asuka during the instrumentality, I believe the boy with the luminescent glasses is Gendo, there is also Yui, the angel statue beheaded where Kaworu first appeared in ep 24, really interesting to me is the fact that Kaworu and Shinji in front of the sunset and are depicted as children and finally there seems to be Misato maybe just seconds before sacrificing herself.

https://i.imgur.com/9KCuOVT_d.webp?maxw ... lity=grand
https://i.imgur.com/EUS7Fjw_d.webp?maxw ... lity=grand
Giant Naked Rei looks creepy but I don't like CGI, I mean it's pretty scary but I find her old drawing of her in EOE better suited to show how macabre the scene is, but OK anyway after all EOE was a darker movie than this.

Hope we could get better quality images

Can’t see anything
�Smash the control images. Smash the control machine.�
― William S. Burroughs

AsukaSimp6+9
Embryo

Postby AsukaSimp6+9 » Thu Mar 11, 2021 4:33 am

The thing that gets me, though, is that, from what I can tell, Asuka is not allowed to reach a truly cathartic moment or to succeed where in the previous movies and EoE she had failed.
Sure, she moves on from Shinji, but she doesn't get the opportunity to truly prove her value; being that, even after unlocking her angelic powers, she is quickly defeated by Unit 13 (on top of Shinji failing to be there like in EoE and 2.0).

I agree. Seeing her lose against the MP Evas crushed my heart. But I guess that was what Anno wanted us to feel. Of all the scenes in this movie, I really want to see the beach scene. I'm pretty sure that I'll be crying watching that scene (AsuShin 4eva!). What I really don't get from the leaks is if Asuka died fighting against Unit 13. I read somewhere that she gets saved by her old clones soul but from the leaks it suggests that she straight up gets absored and dies(?) only to be reborn again in the new world

Jäeger
Temp-Banned

Postby Jäeger » Thu Mar 11, 2021 4:43 am

Need to say... the new "eva series" are a joke compared to EOE. Talking about designs, of course.
Do american "cool" people know that in Europe only alcoholics and homeless drink wine without food by their side???

Melkor
Sachiel
Sachiel

Postby Melkor » Thu Mar 11, 2021 4:57 am

I wonder if the seemingly conflicting pieces Mari's origins throughout the films are intentional. Mari is like one of those people that likes to give off an air of mystery and make themselves seem cool, so they are always bullshitting and coming up with all kinds of crazy lies about things they have done in the past. All those weird and pretentious sounding names like Illustrious Makinami and Maria of Iscariote, it's all a facade Mari puts on, along with her quirky personality. She wants to keep you guessing about her past, because in reality there's nothing interesting about it. For all we know, Mari's origins might have been nothing special. She was someone that got tired of their boring and ordinary life, and decided to change it.

Mari is stuck in a delusion, one she creates around herself to escape from reality. It's just like a certain character in another film Anno created, which I believe he might have taken some inspiration for in regards to Mari. The film in question is Shiki-Jitsu.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shiki-Jitsu

It's a live action film focused on two characters, a director and a quirky woman he meets. In Shiki-Jitsu, the woman has a very quirky personality like Mari, and is living in a delusion. She has lost touch with reality and is always escaping to a fantasy world, one of her quirks being to say that tomorrow is her birthday, every day. She's stuck, unable and unwilling to move forward. Perhaps Mari is the same as the woman in Shiki-Jitsu. She's living out her own personal fantasy. Giving herself all these crazy names and act quirky, piloting the Evas, it's all a game to her. Mari is a woman that doesn't want to grow up, because doing so would mean leaving behind her delusion and returning to her boring life.

Like the woman in Shiki-Jitsu, she has chosen to keep herself trapped in this one period of her life. Chronologically Mari may be 40, but her soul is still that of a teenager, refusing to grow past that stage in her life, her frozen physical age being part of it. Maybe that's why Mari went with Shinji, because like him she too needed to do some growing up. She and Shinji might not be so different after all. They're both people frozen in time, but together they can help each other grow. Why is it that Mari didn't turn into an adult the same time Asuka did, but instead when Shinji did? Because they're in the same boat. It all makes sense now. Shiki-Jitsu also features train tracks prominently throughout it, and it is at a train station where Shinji and Mari meet before the final shot of the movie. The final transition shot is to live-action, and Shiki-Jitsu could be seen as the story of what happens next, Shinji and Mari turning into the man and woman from it who must return to reality together.
Last edited by Melkor on Thu Mar 11, 2021 5:17 am, edited 3 times in total.

Giji Shinka
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Giji Shinka » Thu Mar 11, 2021 5:01 am

View Original PostBernardoCairo wrote:It is definitely Shikinami, guys. They just used the old plugsuit to hit home the idea that this is the conclusion of their entire relationship. It is not only about Shinji and Asuka. It is about Evangelion and its audience. Closure.

This, it's similar to Ritsuko shooting Gendo in this movie, it's a meta reference.

Konja7
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Postby Konja7 » Thu Mar 11, 2021 5:24 am

View Original Postbladerj wrote:this is clearly an adult Asuka, how the hell people couldnt distinguish it while watching the movie ???

So, Asuka is an adult physically when she says goodbye to Shinji.

That would make less uncomfortable the possibility of Asuka x Kensuke.

Jäeger
Temp-Banned

Postby Jäeger » Thu Mar 11, 2021 5:40 am

SPOILER: Show
View Original PostMelkor wrote:I wonder if the seemingly conflicting pieces Mari's origins throughout the films are intentional. Mari is like one of those people that likes to give off an air of mystery and make themselves seem cool, so they are always bullshitting and coming up with all kinds of crazy lies about things they have done in the past. All those weird and pretentious sounding names like Illustrious Makinami and Maria of Iscariote, it's all a facade Mari puts on, along with her quirky personality. She wants to keep you guessing about her past, because in reality there's nothing interesting about it. For all we know, Mari's origins might have been nothing special. She was someone that got tired of their boring and ordinary life, and decided to change it.

Mari is stuck in a delusion, one she creates around herself to escape from reality. It's just like a certain character in another film Anno created, which I believe he might have taken some inspiration for in regards to Mari. The film in question is Shiki-Jitsu.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shiki-Jitsu

It's a live action film focused on two characters, a director and a quirky woman he meets. In Shiki-Jitsu, the woman has a very quirky personality like Mari, and is living in a delusion. She has lost touch with reality and is always escaping to a fantasy world, one of her quirks being to say that tomorrow is her birthday, every day. She's stuck, unable and unwilling to move forward. Perhaps Mari is the same as the woman in Shiki-Jitsu. She's living out her own personal fantasy. Giving herself all these crazy names and act quirky, piloting the Evas, it's all a game to her. Mari is a woman that doesn't want to grow up, because doing so would mean leaving behind her delusion and returning to her boring life.

Like the woman in Shiki-Jitsu, she has chosen to keep herself trapped in this one period of her life. Chronologically Mari may be 40, but her soul is still that of a teenager, refusing to grow past that stage in her life, her frozen physical age being part of it. Maybe that's why Mari went with Shinji, because like him she too needed to do some growing up. She and Shinji might not be so different after all. They're both people frozen in time, but together they can help each other grow. Why is it that Mari didn't turn into an adult the same time Asuka did, but instead when Shinji did? Because they're in the same boat. It all makes sense now. Shiki-Jitsu also features train tracks prominently throughout it, and it is at a train station where Shinji and Mari meet before the final shot of the movie. The final transition shot is to live-action, and Shiki-Jitsu could be seen as the story of what happens next, Shinji and Mari turning into the man and woman from it who must return to reality together.

Sorry, but for me it's just "I don't know What to do with this shoehorned character, just how she is gonna End" This os bad writing at its best. Maria Of Iscariot...my god, It couldn't be more pretentious.

View Original PostKonja7 wrote:
View Original Postbladerj#914496 wrote:this is clearly an adult Asuka, how the hell people couldnt distinguish it while watching the movie ???

So, Asuka is an adult physically when she says goodbye to Shinji.

That would make less uncomfortable the possibility of Asuka x Kensuke.

More important, is the way to show the timeskip that has made them imposible to be together.
Do american "cool" people know that in Europe only alcoholics and homeless drink wine without food by their side???

FXArmaros98
Leliel
Leliel

Postby FXArmaros98 » Thu Mar 11, 2021 5:53 am

The people who have seen the illustrations of the seventeen-year-old Soryu in ANIMA will certainly have no problem understanding that Shikinami is an adult because of how much she has big boobs, wide ass and long legs in that image -o-;

Anyway now speaking seriously I'm the only one who believes that scene is also a little parallelism when in 2.0 they shared the bed together I mean it seems that the adult Asuka is embarrassed and does not want Shinji to see her in the face and stare at her body as they talk just as fourteen year old Shikinami had told Shinji not to turn to her as they shared a bed?

Also I found another picture of this twenty-eight year old Shikinami

https://preview.redd.it/xnzdgu0lqbm61.j ... 704f60ca5b

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Thu Mar 11, 2021 6:21 am

I can't believe I was so focused on trying to understand what was going on I thought it was just a glow-up on Asuka! It makes perfect sense she'd be in a 28 year old body if instrumentality is letting her come back as the way she sees she ought to be, as an adult, not as a child...

Jäeger
Temp-Banned

Postby Jäeger » Thu Mar 11, 2021 7:00 am

View Original PostFXArmaros98 wrote:The people who have seen the illustrations of the seventeen-year-old Soryu in ANIMA will certainly have no problem understanding that Shikinami is an adult because of how much she has big boobs, wide ass and long legs in that image -o-;

Anyway now speaking seriously I'm the only one who believes that scene is also a little parallelism when in 2.0 they shared the bed together I mean it seems that the adult Asuka is embarrassed and does not want Shinji to see her in the face and stare at her body as they talk just as fourteen year old Shikinami had told Shinji not to turn to her as they shared a bed?

Also I found another picture of this twenty-eight year old Shikinami

https://preview.redd.it/xnzdgu0lqbm61.j ... 704f60ca5b

Don't tell me is not cute that, despite her harsh words, her feelings are still there.

FXArmaros98
Leliel
Leliel

Postby FXArmaros98 » Thu Mar 11, 2021 7:24 am

Jäeger what I meant what I wanted to say is that although if you look carefully you can see that the adult Asuka is very sexualized almost like that of ANIMA is still a bit of a tsundere and she is really pretty.I think the redness on her face is the reaction when Shinji tells her he had feelings for her ^_^

From my personal point of view in NGE Shinji and Asuka were so similar to each other that they were toxic each other but for me it's only fair that EOE ended up with them 2 that they were showing signs that they were indeed growing up and learning what it really means to love a person.I suspected that Rebuilds would have a quite different ending even though I was aware that Anno is perfectly capable of giving us a thousand different endings with which to surprise us,however I am still really happy that Shinji and Shikinami have learned to get along with each other while not becoming a couple, and even if it is still true that Asuka X Kensuke and Shinji X Mari both seem like fan fiction's things or that at least they should have been couples with much more development shown to the viewer as regards interactions between them I am happy for both Shinji and Asuka to have gotten a happy up in this version of Evangelion ^_^
Last edited by FXArmaros98 on Thu Mar 11, 2021 9:11 am, edited 2 times in total.

Thesufferingpumpkin
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Postby Thesufferingpumpkin » Thu Mar 11, 2021 9:02 am

There’s really good foreshadowing of Asuka being a clone in 2.0 that we all missed.

The plasters on her fingers similar to Rei’s

She notices it in the elevator when Rei catches asukas arm when she goes to slap her

Raikyu
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby Raikyu » Thu Mar 11, 2021 9:57 am

Now I just remembered, if Asuka is a clone how can she survive without being in a LCL tube?

Why does the Ayanami series constantly require the LCL bath, but the Shikinami series does not?

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mr. Tines » Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:02 am

View Original PostRaikyu wrote:Why does the Ayanami series constantly require the LCL bath, but the Shikinami series does not?
Superior German engineering, probably.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

bladerj
Lilin
Lilin

Postby bladerj » Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:11 am

View Original PostMr. Tines wrote:
View Original PostRaikyu#914588 wrote:Why does the Ayanami series constantly require the LCL bath, but the Shikinami series does not?
Superior German engineering, probably.

says the guy with a blond avatar...im calling the fbi.
ANATA BAKA !?

TheFriskyIan
Lord Hamburger
Lord Hamburger

Postby TheFriskyIan » Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:13 am

View Original PostThesufferingpumpkin wrote:There’s really good foreshadowing of Asuka being a clone in 2.0 that we all missed.

The plasters on her fingers similar to Rei’s

She notices it in the elevator when Rei catches asukas arm when she goes to slap her

Those were bandages from their fingers getting cut when they were having their "cooking contest" for Shinji. Rei had more bandages than Asuka because she was putting more effort into it; a fact realized by Asuka which frustrated her more.
Please just call me Ian, "TheFrisky" is more of a title.

"Knowledge seeks no Man."

Heaven Piercing Man
Shamshel
Shamshel

Postby Heaven Piercing Man » Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:14 am

Rei is a construct from angel-human soul-flesh arcane magic

Asuka is just a human with the same DNA as her source

I guess
Evangelion, in three words: How Strangely Erotic

Arcadia's legacy
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

Postby Arcadia's legacy » Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:30 am

So, if Ayanami's a clone, and Shikinami's a clone, does this mean Makinami could also be a clone? :chinscratch:
Never let the flame that is hope burn out, for despite the length of the night, the sunrise will always come
""Trolling the audience" is the same thing as "challenging the audience" (to an audience that doesn't want to be challenged)." -Reichu

BlueBasilisk
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

Postby BlueBasilisk » Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:34 am

It certainly seems possible. She could be something else entirely too since she seems like she's a lot older than the other pilots (with the possible exception of this Kaworu). Her name might even be an alias since Fuyutsuki calls her Maria Iscariot/Maria of Iscariot. :???:
Someday I hope that we'll be reunited if that is what's destined to be. Perhaps we'll discover that elusive bible. And then we will finally be free!

JuanSorel
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby JuanSorel » Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:39 am

View Original PostBlueBasilisk wrote: Her name might even be an alias since Fuyutsuki calls her Maria Iscariot/Maria of Iscariot. :???:

That's just his fancy way of calling her Judas, I guess.

I don't think that there is anything that suggests she is a clone, but if the LCL really makes you stay young, she probably has been in it for far longer than the rest of the children, "cursed" already by 2.22.
Last edited by JuanSorel on Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”