Shin Eva leak general

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Evangelion
Embryo

Re: 3+1 SUBTITLES AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOAD WITH APP!

Postby Evangelion » Sun Mar 07, 2021 8:59 pm

Oh man, this is bringing me back to the release of 2.0. Good times! It's going to be a while, but I can't wait to see this movie! :D

Jayfive
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Postby Jayfive » Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:00 pm

Recihu has made a separate spoilerific account to disseminate the leaks, rumours and whatnot:
https://twitter.com/ArqaZone
"Fuyutsuki, When children are given their drivers license before being given sole responsibility for the survival of humanity, mecha anime will have crossed a dangerously illogical threshold"

Gendopose
Embryo

Postby Gendopose » Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:01 pm

Its been a long time since I posted here. I just gotta say all of this madness makes this old eva nerd so happy.

Jäeger
Temp-Banned

Postby Jäeger » Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:01 pm

View Original PostFuru wrote:Imagine the level of narcissism it takes to believe that you, as a fan, are the direct target of a writer's ire instead of the far more likely possibility that the writer wrote the story he wanted to tell without considering you at all.

The writer has the right to tell the story he wants.

And the fan the right to tell he has liked It or not. Or even say if IT'S a good or bad story.
Do american "cool" people know that in Europe only alcoholics and homeless drink wine without food by their side???

El Squibbonator
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

Postby El Squibbonator » Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:01 pm

When do you think we'll know an actual summary of the movie?
Life can seem a challenge. Life can seem impossible. It's never easy when so much is on the line.

Do you like Eva? Do you like Pokemon? Then check out Neon Genesis Evangelemon-- You Can (Not) Catch 'Em All thread/16052/Neon-Genesis-Evangelemon/

JoelcrNeto
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

Postby JoelcrNeto » Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:01 pm

View Original PostJayfive wrote:Recihu has made a separate spoilerific account to disseminate the leaks, rumours and whatnot:
https://twitter.com/ArqaZone

NICE!!!
“Like a miracle, life starts with the pain / Forever this will be” — “Heroes of Sand” by Angra.
“É porque nós gostamos de você. Obrigada por conversar comigo. Vem, me dá a sua mão para andarmos juntos.” — Rei to Shinji (Portuguese dub).

EvaGeeks official Discord server

Blockio
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Postby Blockio » Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:02 pm

View Original PostEl Squibbonator wrote:When do you think we'll know an actual summary of the movie?

First camrip, no sooner
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
Your point of view is horny, and biased. ~ glitz2hard
What about titty-ten? ~ Reichu
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

Emperoreddy
Embryo

Postby Emperoreddy » Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:02 pm

Honestly so far this sounds pretty tame compared to the when the spoilers for 3.0 started coming in. That was wild with how off the walls that went from expectations.
Green Birds

Furu
Adam

Postby Furu » Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:02 pm

View Original PostJäeger wrote:
View Original PostFuru#912894 wrote:Imagine the level of narcissism it takes to believe that you, as a fan, are the direct target of a writer's ire instead of the far more likely possibility that the writer wrote the story he wanted to tell without considering you at all.

The writer has the right to tell the story he wants.

And the fan the right to tell he has liked It or not. Or even say if IT'S a good or bad story.

Oh, absolutely. But there's a vast gulf between that and operating under the assumption that this story exists to spite the fanbase instead of just being a story. It can be good or bad on its merits alone.
Insert Block of Text here.

BlueBasilisk
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

Postby BlueBasilisk » Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:06 pm

View Original PostFuru wrote:Oh, absolutely. But there's a vast gulf between that and operating under the assumption that this story exists to spite the fanbase instead of just being a story. It can be good or bad on its merits alone.

I've noticed a lot of that sentiment during my 10+ years in the Eva fandom. That if Anno makes a storytelling decision person X doesn't like, it's not that he simply told a story they didn't like. No, he purposely changed his story to satisfy some petty vendetta against this rando whose existence he likely isn't even aware of in reality.
Someday I hope that we'll be reunited if that is what's destined to be. Perhaps we'll discover that elusive bible. And then we will finally be free!

the_beast
Embryo

Postby the_beast » Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:08 pm

Hi everybody, first post here... a guy on 4chan took some pictures of the promo book they're giving out. Open the spoiler tag at your own peril:

SPOILER: Show

Blockio
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Postby Blockio » Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:10 pm

Technically the wrong thread, but whatever at this point :lol:
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
Your point of view is horny, and biased. ~ glitz2hard
What about titty-ten? ~ Reichu
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

JoelcrNeto
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

Postby JoelcrNeto » Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:11 pm

“Like a miracle, life starts with the pain / Forever this will be” — “Heroes of Sand” by Angra.
“É porque nós gostamos de você. Obrigada por conversar comigo. Vem, me dá a sua mão para andarmos juntos.” — Rei to Shinji (Portuguese dub).

EvaGeeks official Discord server

CharPenPen
Embryo

Postby CharPenPen » Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:12 pm

So wtf is up with the fight in Tokyo 3? Instrumentality? Time travel?

Furu
Adam

Postby Furu » Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:13 pm

View Original PostBlueBasilisk wrote:
View Original PostFuru#912910 wrote:Oh, absolutely. But there's a vast gulf between that and operating under the assumption that this story exists to spite the fanbase instead of just being a story. It can be good or bad on its merits alone.

I've noticed a lot of that sentiment during my 10+ years in the Eva fandom. That if Anno makes a storytelling decision person X doesn't like, it's not that he simply told a story they didn't like. No, he purposely changed his story to satisfy some petty vendetta against this rando whose existence he likely isn't even aware of in reality.

Yeah, same with me since the early 00's. It's a bizarre mentality to assume a creator is working in bad faith. I think it's born out of that same impulse a lot of people have to "solve" Eva, like an obsession with proving they're smarter than the story. Anno clearly hates Eva fans so if I also hate Eva fans and applaud whenever I assume Anno is trying to spite them then I'm smarter than the rest of them! Or something like that.
Insert Block of Text here.

the_beast
Embryo

Postby the_beast » Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:13 pm

View Original PostBlockio wrote:Technically the wrong thread, but whatever at this point :lol:

ooops, true, I had this thread opened for so long that I forgot it was only for the subs :facepalm:

Those pics is already posted, actually

oh well, God in his heaven, all's right in the world.

ChaddyManPrime
Angel
Angel

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:13 pm

View Original PostCharPenPen wrote:So wtf is up with the fight in Tokyo 3? Instrumentality? Time travel?

3 words, GIANT NAKED Asuka
"Look at Me!, I'm Mr. MeeSeeks!" - Mr. MeeSeeks

You know nothing, Jon Snow - Chuckman

Ah Q
Adam

Postby Ah Q » Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:14 pm

View Original PostCharPenPen wrote:So wtf is up with the fight in Tokyo 3? Instrumentality? Time travel?

Apparently it's in some sort of negative space. Not literally Tokyo 3.

El Squibbonator
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

Postby El Squibbonator » Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:14 pm

View Original PostBlockio wrote:
View Original PostEl Squibbonator#912905 wrote:When do you think we'll know an actual summary of the movie?

First camrip, no sooner

How long until we get one of those?
Life can seem a challenge. Life can seem impossible. It's never easy when so much is on the line.

Do you like Eva? Do you like Pokemon? Then check out Neon Genesis Evangelemon-- You Can (Not) Catch 'Em All thread/16052/Neon-Genesis-Evangelemon/

Derantor
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Postby Derantor » Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:14 pm

>Giant Naked Asuka
Where did that idea come from? Nothing in the pictures seems to point at that.
My writing on Ao3 and FFN

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”