[SPOILERS AS FUCK] 2ch Q synopsis prep. for anal devastation

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
os189
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby os189 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:33 am

I don't remember her picking it up. It was very clearly dropped before Asuka dragged Shinji off and Rei came behind them, but they didn't show her pick it up.

If there was some shot of her holding it after that, I didn't see it.

k4t1ll4
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby k4t1ll4 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:17 pm

View Original PostKuronekodou wrote:Is this real? D:

SPOILER: Show

Does anybody know which the hell eva is this one??

I have been searching some information but nothing related with it.

thans for your atention and waiting the camrip!!!!

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:33 pm

View Original Postk4t1ll4 wrote:Does anybody know which the hell eva is this one??

It's Eva-01. Hard to tell in that version of the pic, but you can see the characteristic shape of the back of her helmet well enough, along with the black on the arms and pylons.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Electric Sachiel
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Electric Sachiel » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:44 pm

View Original PostReichu wrote:No confirmed 11th Angel; possibly relegated to timeskip, like so many Eva units. The entities that launch the attack in space are known only as Code-4A and Code-4B. The ones that attack Wunder are the Nemesis Series.

When they detected these entities why then did WILL-E and Asuka get readings on their monitors of that state Blood Type Blue? Aren't entities with blood type Blues almost always designated as angels?

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:44 pm

I got a question:

Does 3.0 even have any 'Fan Service'? Didn't sound like it when I listened to the audio rip. Not even an 'Oops, Kaworu shows up randomly naked and Shinji falls and can't get up.'

bobbyfischer's ghost
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby bobbyfischer's ghost » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:54 pm

After listening to the audio for a second time, it doesn't seem so.
Current avatar: Shotoku in winter
"Political Correctness is Fascism pretending to be Manners." ~ George Carlin
Wilt Chamberlain answers the infamous question.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:57 pm

View Original PostElectric Sachiel wrote:When they detected these entities why then did WILL-E and Asuka get readings on their monitors of that state Blood Type Blue? Aren't entities with blood type Blues almost always designated as angels?

New Eva, new rules.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Azathoth
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Azathoth » Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:20 pm

View Original PostGendo'sPapa wrote:I got a question:

Does 3.0 even have any 'Fan Service'? Didn't sound like it when I listened to the audio rip. Not even an 'Oops, Kaworu shows up randomly naked and Shinji falls and can't get up.'

I believe there's a scene where Shinji walks in on Rei Q.
Nothing is so valuable that it need not be started afresh, nothing is so rich that it need not be enriched constantly.

Seele00TextOnly
Phospholipid Bilayer
Phospholipid Bilayer

•      
  •      

Postby Seele00TextOnly » Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:22 pm

Last edited by Seele00TextOnly on Fri Aug 20, 2021 12:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Xard
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:22 pm

That seems to be the only instance, yeah - and even that scene seems to be used to illustrate Rei's "back" to her ep5 personality.

I'm sure there's subtle or not so subtle GAINAXing here and there though. I'd forgotten they'd even made Rei's boobs jiggle a bit in 2.0's Third Impact :hahaha:

Electric Sachiel
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Electric Sachiel » Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:29 pm

Judging from the screenshots we got from the artbooks I can assume that Eva Unit 01 has the ability to power not only AAA Wunder's ability to levitate and fly but also allows the staff of the battleship to control other naval vessels in the area? For those that have seen the movie can anyone clarify how and why other naval destroyers and ships are floating in the sky with AAA Wunder? Psychic link with Unit 01's telekinetic powers?

xenosaga
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby xenosaga » Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:41 pm

View Original PostElectric Sachiel wrote:Judging from the screenshots we got from the artbooks I can assume that Eva Unit 01 has the ability to power not only AAA Wunder's ability to levitate and fly but also allows the staff of the battleship to control other naval vessels in the area? For those that have seen the movie can anyone clarify how and why other naval destroyers and ships are floating in the sky with AAA Wunder? Psychic link with Unit 01's telekinetic powers?

From what I heard it's Wunder's ability to raise those ships. They are basically Will-E's army.

I don't think too much is actually explained about Wunder, but they say its not just machine, but something similar to Eva with having 4 entry plugs. Of course it is using Eva01 as the main power source to move.
Also sprach Zarathustra

Rawinder
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Rawinder » Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:43 pm

View Original PostElectric Sachiel wrote:When they detected these entities why then did WILL-E and Asuka get readings on their monitors of that state Blood Type Blue? Aren't entities with blood type Blues almost always designated as angels?

And it dies the same way as the other Rebuild Angels: cross of light, rainbow halo.

balofo
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby balofo » Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:10 pm

To the 2 bros that have watched the movie:

-What weapon does Mari use in the final fight?
-How does Eva 13 attack? Does it use the lance to attack? Or just blocks the entire time?
-In what battle does Eva-02 use the arm cannon? What kind of ammo it uses?
LOL

Lagann
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Lagann » Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:34 pm

Is it ever explained exactly how they got Shinji out of Eva 01? In the series you could not get someone out unless they wanted to come out.

bobbyfischer's ghost
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby bobbyfischer's ghost » Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:59 pm

So far this is the only mention of it.

View Original PostSailor Star Dust wrote:Ritsuko: Naturally, we already arranged to thoroughly search Eva-01. The outcome was finding you, and for some reason, this was restored. The inspection results had no problems. We'll return it.(? 返還しておきます)

JoeD80
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby JoeD80 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:36 pm

So on the Japanese wikipedia it says that this new character, Koji Takao (高雄コウジ), is someone who previously knew Kaji. So I am assuming Kaji gets mentioned somewhere in the film (or perhaps this is just in the booklet?), but don't know if they say if he's alive or dead, prisoner or free, etc...

bobbyfischer's ghost
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby bobbyfischer's ghost » Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:39 pm

I've listened to the Audio several times and I've heard no mention of him specifically.

dummysystem
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby dummysystem » Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:58 pm

Hi,
recently joined evageeks but I consulted the site since a long time (here is for the presentation)
I have a question about the 6mn trailer ( I don't have seen 3.0) : anyone has noticed @4:30 the use of a Nadia's music ?
The title of that song is Babel no Hikari ( Light of Babel ) and I cannot think that this song is in eva just by miracle ( or mistake).
This is not the first time that some element of a Gainax production is referred in another production.
But I'm just curious if other music of Nadia is in Q , and what could be the meaning.
In Nadia, the song appeared mostly when The Babel's tower starts to fire and communicate with a satellite in space.
However, the more likely reason he wore gloves was to mask the obvious physical evidence that he had fused Adam into his right hand.

Kuronekodou
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Kuronekodou » Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:58 pm

View Original PostJoeD80 wrote:So on the Japanese wikipedia it says that this new character, Koji Takao (高雄コウジ), is someone who previously knew Kaji. So I am assuming Kaji gets mentioned somewhere in the film (or perhaps this is just in the booklet?), but don't know if they say if he's alive or dead, prisoner or free, etc...

At 24:10 min, after the battle with the Nemesis Series (It's from the Japanese script uploaded at 4chan)

Kouji: truly an absurdity! Well, like Kaji said, she's an interesting Captain (Misato) [まーったく無茶をする。ま、加持の話より、面白い艦長だ]

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”