Non-Eva Anime and Manga discussion

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

InstrumentalityOne
Strawberries & Peaches
Strawberries & Peaches

•      
  •      

Postby InstrumentalityOne » Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:00 am

If GSG really was that popular, there´d be scanlations.

Defectron
Tentacle Girl
Tentacle Girl

•      
  •      

Postby Defectron » Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:14 pm

Ok, just finished narutaru, and I find myself wondering just what it was I just read, shame the anime didn't go all the way, cuz some really crazy shit happened. This kinda gives me some ideas for parasite galaxy which will also be a sort of deconstruction of a genre sort of story.

Here's a couple things that I'm confused about
SPOILER: Show

1. What happened to Norio? Howed he get his head cut off and stuck on that puppet thing?

2. It was kind of implied that Tsurumaru was some sort of alternate version of shiinas dad who was also somehow her son? If that's the case he was also his own father? What was the deal with that? And when did he tell shiina that Hoshimaru was his shadow dragon? Shit this guys like all the m night shymalan endings on crack, he's like a walking twist in the story!
Parasite Galaxy: An experimental webcomic

http://www.parasitegalaxy.com/ Updates Monday and Thursday. Vote for me on top webcomics

If you want to support this comic buy something from me on amazon

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:06 am

View Original PostDefectron wrote:Here's a couple things that I'm confused about

major Narutaru  SPOILER: Show
1. That was the end result of the fat pervert's fun and games while Vagina Dentata was committed to protecting everyone else. Also the equivalent of leaving a horse's head in Tsurumaru's bed on the part of the yakuza who had it in for him.

2. I didn't get that alternate father vibe, so can't comment. Tsumaru does seem to be one of the few people who knows what's really going on -- that's why he and Norio were there watching -- and watching over -- Shiina early on. And, yes, Hoshimaru is his Shadow Dragon -- Shiina's Shadow Dragon is the Light Earth Dragon. That's why she and Mamiko Kuri (bonded with the Dark Earth Dragon) are the two survivors, and how come Shiina returned after being carried home in a sack.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Defectron
Tentacle Girl
Tentacle Girl

•      
  •      

Postby Defectron » Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:16 pm

It's because of this page

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

After reading that I was going "lolwut?" the fact that tsurumaru kinda looks like her dad just added to it, but it never really came up again. Of course it could also be that Norio just meant this symbolically too.

http://www.parasitegalaxy.com/ Updates Monday and Thursday. Vote for me on top webcomics

Xard
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:43 pm

itt rampant spoilers without tags

1: Norio was killed by the thugs by injecting lethal poison to his neck while the fat bastard was raping him. Later the thugs cut his body to pieces and put his head to that artwork.

2: It's describing the relationship Shiina is having with him at that point of manga. The love between them at the point is not romantic in nature: Tsurumaru, being older and protecting figure is kind of an father to Shiina whereas Shiina kind of pampers him by making food etc. like mom would do for her kids.

At least that's how I always interprepted it.

Killer Bee
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Not that I can remember half their names, anyway...

•      
  •      

Postby Killer Bee » Sun Oct 24, 2010 1:16 pm

FFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUU Stop posting untagged spoilers dammit I haven't finished it yet! :asuka_geh:

Xard
Banned

Re: Not that I can remember half their names, anyway...

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Sun Oct 24, 2010 1:19 pm

View Original PostKiller Bee wrote:FFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUU Stop posting untagged spoilers dammit I haven't finished it yet! :asuka_geh:

Shouldn't you have realized to stop reading by the point you saw
"Here's a couple things that I'm confused about"

but yeah, Def should use spoiler tags

LeoXiao
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby LeoXiao » Sun Oct 24, 2010 1:29 pm

@Narutaru

I read some of these spoilers and...WTF is this shit?

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Sun Oct 24, 2010 1:42 pm

View Original PostLeoXiao wrote:I read some of these spoilers and...WTF is this shit?

View Original PostXard wrote:NARUTARU IS FUCKED UP

like, Evangelion/Elfen Lied/Now and Then Here and There level fucked up.

Does that help answer your question?
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Baz
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby Baz » Sun Oct 24, 2010 2:10 pm

View Original PostDefectron wrote:1. What happened to Norio?

2. It was kind of implied that Tsurumaru was some sort of alternate version of shiinas dad who was also somehow her son?

1) Has been answered. I was confused at first, too, but because I wasn't sure where Norio ended and where...

2a) Norio is just giving the old "you are her guardian, don't try to be her lover" speech, I don't know why you would take that page literally.

2b) I don't remember exactly how Shiina found out about Hoshimaru, but I do remember that it was spelled out clearly. And I remember that Shiina was pissed off for a while.

People have told me that the anime is okay, but I cannot even make it through the first episode. The voice acting is terrible. Maybe it gets better in later episodes, but I'm not gonna torture myself in order to find out.

Also, off topic for discussion but not for thread, narutaru > bokurano because Shiina > DungBeetle.
Software Error. Press left mouse button to continue.
Guru Meditation #00000004.0000AAC0

IrkenEvangelion
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby IrkenEvangelion » Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:09 pm

Yesterday I picked up and finished the first book of "Chobits" released from Dark Horse edited by none other than Mr. Carl Horn. I believe it contains the first 4 volumes of the series. I love absolutely love it. Come to find out today there's an anime of it which I will have to watch ASAP. Of course the freaking book ended at the worst possible sort and kinda pissed me off... I need to get to the book store to buy the next one...

They wrote:At Anime Boston 2010, North American anime distributor Funimation Entertainment announced that they have rescued Chobits and will release the series on DVD and Blu-ray in early 2011.

SQUEEEE~!~!~!~! :asuka_happy:
THIS IS STEINS;GATE'S CHOICE!
----<3 Merchant meets Spicy Wolf <3----
8 YEARS OF EVA, Does it mean something to you?
EvaPedia|Xbox Live|El Psy Congroo

Defectron
Tentacle Girl
Tentacle Girl

•      
  •      

Postby Defectron » Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:00 am

Also, off topic for discussion but not for thread, narutaru > bokurano because Shiina > DungBeetle.

It's kinda interesting that you'd compare Shiina and Coemushi, these two start and end in pretty much the opposite places. Shiina starts as a good and innocent person who wants to protect the earth and the people on it but who is slowly crushed by the harsh world around her to the point where she doesn't care about it anymore and thinks everyone should just die. Coemushi on the other hand starts as a rather villainous person, he takes sadistic glee in tormenting the children and doesn't seem to care much about their world. But as the story goes on he ends up redeeming himself and by the end even becomes the hero of the story. I do wonder if the author made these two protagonists polar opposites on purpose?

I also think I kind of liked narutaru better if just slightly. To me it just seemed to have a sort of beauty to it which bokurano didn't have as much.

Killer Bee
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

lolwormjuice... OH GOD WTF

•      
  •      

Postby Killer Bee » Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:13 am

View Original PostXard wrote:Shouldn't you have realized to stop reading by the point you saw
"Here's a couple things that I'm confused about"

I did, but I felt like yelling about it anyway. :smirk:

EDIT: Just finished it. I've been searching for the uncensored pages for curiosity's sake, but I can't find them anywhere. Can someone flash the Mr. Tines Signal?

InstrumentalityOne
Strawberries & Peaches
Strawberries & Peaches

•      
  •      

Postby InstrumentalityOne » Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:00 am

Bakuman(Now airing, btw)

After watching the first few episodes, I dropped it.
Why you ask?

Because I´m reading the manga.
It´s really really good.
Loving the fast-paced do-or-die feel of this manga.
I´m at chapter 86 at the moment.
Currently, there are 107 chapters out and it´s still going on today.

Tokpile Quohog
Marquis Tokpile de Boîtes

•      
  •      

Postby Tokpile Quohog » Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:44 am

Considering how old this thread is, I'm appalled at the lack of Ushio and Tora. Having Ushio and Tora pretty much makes up for all the shitty manga that is out there right now.
TheEvaMonkey: I HATE BEING A FAT CHICK

Defectron
Tentacle Girl
Tentacle Girl

•      
  •      

Postby Defectron » Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:36 am

Hey I thought I was the only one whose been reading that. But yeah ushio and Toras pretty cool, also if you like ushio and Tora I would recommend checking out 3x3 eyes.

Elk
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Elk » Sun Sep 11, 2011 6:10 pm

Narutaru is indeed a good read, though I find the ending chapters to be a bit on the rushed side..

Have a go at Milk Closet, it has a very interesting setting and I am sure the first two volumes will have you hooked. There are however, countless amount of weird things that will make you go 'wut'..the story and character also kinda fell apart as the mango closes to an end but overall, it's a great ride.

CorporalChaos
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby CorporalChaos » Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:09 am

I'm currently working on scanlating a short series by the author of Soredemo, Ichiguro Masakazu. The name of the manga is Getenrou, and it's about an apartment complex where a series of unusual goings-on happen. A detective steps in to find the cause for all of these, and in a series of interrelated short stories, she works her way to the core of the mystery behind the apartment complex.

It's currently only got 3 chapters out of 8 translated, but my group is working at a fairly brisk pace to get it finished. Since a lot of the stories work as standalone stories anyway, it's fine to read what's out so far and not worry about having to wait to find the resolution to stuff like cliffhangers.
Occam's Razor: The simplest explanation is generally the correct one.
Essel's Corollary: The simplest explanation is never the fanon one.

symbv
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby symbv » Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:11 am

^ Getenrou looks like a work Ichiguro Masakazu having fun doing in his off-time between intervals slugging on the more important work of Soredemo(regarding his career at least) - and reads like that. Good fun.
I never thought I would come back to Evangelion after EoE,
But I discovered Re-Take (or it found me?) and
now here I am.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Asuka FAN FOREVER
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tokpile Quohog

•      
  •      

Postby Tokpile Quohog » Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:21 pm

Rock n' Roll Ricky (aka RRR) just finished up. It's about a 34 year old wannabe rock musician strapping on some boxing gloves and beating the shit out of people. The storyline is cheesy yet honest and is smart enough to not be hajime no ippo where the boxers gradually reach super saiyan strength and go on for 5 bazillion chapters. It's very short at around 10 volumes (around 110 chapters I think) and is definitely a good read for anyone who sorta gives a crap about boxing mangas.
TheEvaMonkey: I HATE BEING A FAT CHICK

Return to “Anime and Manga”