Shogouki in Magma Diver

For serious and at times in-depth discussions only, covering the original TV series, the movies End of Evangelion and Death & Rebirth.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
Anonymous_Evafan
Minion
Minion

•      
  •      

Postby Anonymous_Evafan » Sun Nov 18, 2007 8:57 pm

Sachiel_13 wrote:hm.. but that brings up a good question. why dont they put the same fortified armour as they do they Evas on the cable?

Cause that armor isn't very flexible. Can't really fight a battle if you can only move in 1 direction.
Oh, but God forbid any of these theories have any validity! After all, we are just brainwashing innocent people with Reichu's fanclub propaganda!--Trigger's Elysium sarcasm for the masses!

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Sun Nov 18, 2007 9:07 pm

the Evas seemed Flexible enough
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

Anonymous_Evafan
Minion
Minion

•      
  •      

Postby Anonymous_Evafan » Sun Nov 18, 2007 9:12 pm

The Evas aren't covered in a solid sheet of the stuff like a cable would have to be.
Oh, but God forbid any of these theories have any validity! After all, we are just brainwashing innocent people with Reichu's fanclub propaganda!--Trigger's Elysium sarcasm for the masses!

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Sun Nov 18, 2007 9:21 pm

im sure they can scale it like a snake
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

Alaska Slim
Frigus Ignoramus
Frigus Ignoramus

•      
  •      

Postby Alaska Slim » Sun Nov 18, 2007 10:28 pm

It would make it heavy and harder to move, they can't have something like that throwing the Eva off-balanced every time it started walking, lightness is a necessity. In it’s defense though, the line seemed fairly durable, it survived most of the first battle, and was able to remain as a ‘life line’ for Eva-02 during it’s under water sortie. 8)
"Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing." - 1 Thessalonians 5:11

"It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

"God is in his Heaven, and free men walk upon the Earth" - Rev. Robert Sirico, President of the Acton Institute

Rommel
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Rommel » Mon Nov 19, 2007 12:16 am

Ironfoot wrote:Magma Diver makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. It's by far my most hated episode in the entire series. There's no way the "D-type" equipment could shield the EVA from lava, let alone the support cables themselves withstanding the lava, let alone Unit 01 diving into the lava without any armor whatsoever to save Asuka, which defeats the purpose of the D-type equipment itself.

My suggestion is, if something doesn't make any sense in this episode, forget about it. NOTHING in this episode makes any sense.

If there's any episode I want dropped from rebuild, it's this one.

How did this thread survive THREE pages after this post I will never know.

However, I love the scuba diving scene.

Anonymous_Evafan
Minion
Minion

•      
  •      

Postby Anonymous_Evafan » Mon Nov 19, 2007 12:20 am

No one paid any attention to it? I know I didn't.

Rommel
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Rommel » Mon Nov 19, 2007 12:26 am

No wonder you guys keep arguing in circles.

Anonymous_Evafan
Minion
Minion

•      
  •      

Postby Anonymous_Evafan » Mon Nov 19, 2007 12:28 am

Half the stuff in NGE is impossible, why bother trying to make sense of it? It's sci-fi, you know what that means right?

Rommel
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Rommel » Mon Nov 19, 2007 12:35 am

There is 'impossible', then there is 'it doesn't make sense'. But yeah, Eva is basically like dividing by zero.

Anonymous_Evafan
Minion
Minion

•      
  •      

Postby Anonymous_Evafan » Mon Nov 19, 2007 12:41 am

The obvious answer is pretty much always plot device. Just leave it at that.

Rommel
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Rommel » Mon Nov 19, 2007 12:46 am

That's pretty much my point. And yet here we are four pages later still arguing about something completely irrelevant. I guess that's a sign that we've run out of stuff to fanwank about.

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Mon Nov 19, 2007 12:54 am

i always thought more Plot Hole then Plot Device
- Sachi

Anonymous_Evafan
Minion
Minion

•      
  •      

Postby Anonymous_Evafan » Mon Nov 19, 2007 1:06 am

Meh, it's not important enough to qualify as a plot hole. It was a plot device used to hint at the true nature of the Angels through Sandalphon.

Jumpstart A. Cat
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Jumpstart A. Cat » Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:36 pm

Sachiel_13 wrote:hm.. but that brings up a good question. why dont they put the same fortified armour as they do they Evas on the cable?

Reminds me of that question, why don't they make planes out of the same stuff as the blackbox flight recorders?

The answer is, basically, because that would be stupid.

Return to “Evangelion TV Series + EoE Discussion”