Shogouki in Magma Diver

For serious and at times in-depth discussions only, covering the original TV series, the movies End of Evangelion and Death & Rebirth.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Fri Nov 16, 2007 7:10 am

The Rits-Rei parallelism shows that Rei has replaced Ritsuko just the way the latter feared. But as far as I'm concerned, Rits knew enough about an Eva.

Ah, and in Episode 14, she asks, "Is it going to absorb Shinji?" when Eva-00 goes berserk and refuses to eject the entry plug, so she is in the know. (Neither Misato nor anyone else paid attention because the Eva held their attention)
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

Anonymous_Evafan
Minion
Minion

•      
  •      

Postby Anonymous_Evafan » Fri Nov 16, 2007 7:11 am

All the answers? No, certainly not. Ritsuko would certainly know as much as anyone could though.

ep #16 wrote:RITSUKO:
What kind... what kind of monster have we copied from?

Misato (MONO):
I know that the Evas aren't just copies of the First Angel.
But what is Nerv going to do with them
once all the Angels have been destroyed?

Even Misato knew they were cloned from Adam.
Oh, but God forbid any of these theories have any validity! After all, we are just brainwashing innocent people with Reichu's fanclub propaganda!--Trigger's Elysium sarcasm for the masses!

UrsusArctos

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Fri Nov 16, 2007 7:15 am

:?:

I didn't exactly get that.

"What kind of monster have we copied from?"
Ritsuko knows perfectly well about the souls inside, but Eva-01 in particular has a horrible habit of throwing up these surprises. She is probably as afraid of how the Eva can operate beyond the boundaries of the knowledge as she is of their terrible penchant for violence and destruction.
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

Alaska Slim
Frigus Ignoramus
Frigus Ignoramus

•      
  •      

Postby Alaska Slim » Fri Nov 16, 2007 7:27 am

UrsusArctos wrote::?:

I didn't exactly get that.

"What kind of monster have we copied from?"
Ritsuko knows perfectly well about the souls inside, but Eva-01 in particular has a horrible habit of throwing up these surprises. She is probably as afraid of how the Eva can operate beyond the boundaries of the knowledge as she is of their terrible penchant for violence and destruction.

She probably knows the Eva has a soul, that is key in the activation of an A.T. field, but the question is, did she know WHO's soul it was? That I don't believe she knew right off the bat. 8)
"Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing." - 1 Thessalonians 5:11

"It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

"God is in his Heaven, and free men walk upon the Earth" - Rev. Robert Sirico, President of the Acton Institute

Anonymous_Evafan
Minion
Minion

•      
  •      

Postby Anonymous_Evafan » Fri Nov 16, 2007 7:56 am

Why is that? She knew Yui got sucked into the Eva. Not hard to connect the dots from there.
Oh, but God forbid any of these theories have any validity! After all, we are just brainwashing innocent people with Reichu's fanclub propaganda!--Trigger's Elysium sarcasm for the masses!

Alaska Slim
Frigus Ignoramus
Frigus Ignoramus

•      
  •      

Postby Alaska Slim » Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:03 pm

Anonymous_Evafan wrote:Why is that? She knew Yui got sucked into the Eva. Not hard to connect the dots from there.

She could have believed it was something that naturally developed in the Eva during it's construction, though the truth of about Rei may have been what led her to think otherwise. 8)
"Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing." - 1 Thessalonians 5:11

"It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

"God is in his Heaven, and free men walk upon the Earth" - Rev. Robert Sirico, President of the Acton Institute

Anonymous_Evafan
Minion
Minion

•      
  •      

Postby Anonymous_Evafan » Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:18 pm

What did she say in episode 16?
RITSUKO:
If Rei or Shinji were to find out the Eva's secrets,
they'd never forgive us, would they?

What secret could that possibly be other than Yui's soul? She said EVA-00 was after her in episode 14. We even get cryptic crap like this in episode 02.
RITSUKO:
That must be the Eva's...

Misato:
...true form.

The secrets don't seem all that secret to me.

Alaska Slim
Frigus Ignoramus
Frigus Ignoramus

•      
  •      

Postby Alaska Slim » Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:36 pm

Anonymous_Evafan wrote:What did she say in episode 16?
RITSUKO:
If Rei or Shinji were to find out the Eva's secrets,
they'd never forgive us, would they?

She could have referred to what 'sacrifices' it took for the Eva to be operational (Shinji's mother's 'death'), and that the Evas are, in fact, human.

Anonymous_Evafan wrote:What secret could that possibly be other than Yui's soul?

...that Shinji's mother died trying to get it working and that the Evas are human, in Rei's case it may be in relation to her Angelic roots.

Anonymous_Evafan wrote:She said EVA-00 was after her in episode 14. We even get cryptic crap like this in episode 02.

I don't see how this relates, as far as we know Unit-00 is controlled either by an extension of Lilith's soul, or by Ritsuko's mother, and in the case of the latter it's unknown how the heck she would know it was her mother's soul controlling in the first place.

Anonymous_Evafan wrote:
RITSUKO:
That must be the Eva's...

Misato:
...true form.

The secrets don't seem all that secret to me.

The fact that the Eva is biological is no secret (to an extent), but it's obvious by statements Misato herself later made she didn't truly know what the Eva was, not until late in series at least. 8)

Anonymous_Evafan
Minion
Minion

•      
  •      

Postby Anonymous_Evafan » Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:45 pm

Alaska Slim wrote:She could have referred to what 'sacrifices' it took for the Eva to be operational (Shinji's mother's 'death'),

Shinji knew about that weather he wanted to remember or not.

and that the Evas are, in fact, human.

I somehow doubt that was what she was worried about. He still piloted EVA-01 after learning this.

in Rei's case it may be in relation to her Angelic roots.

She knew about that too, she was just in denial about it.

I don't see how this relates,

That as the head of the project she'd have a good reason to suspect such a thing.

as far as we know Unit-00 is controlled either by an extension of Lilith's soul, or by Ritsuko's mother, and in the case of the latter it's unknown how the heck she would know it was her mother's soul controlling in the first place.

Keel's line in 23 says it best.
??:
We need another human sacrifice to counter Ikari.

KEEL:
And we need someone who knows the truth.

Alaska Slim
Frigus Ignoramus
Frigus Ignoramus

•      
  •      

Postby Alaska Slim » Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:12 pm

Anonymous_Evafan wrote:
Alaska Slim wrote:She could have referred to what 'sacrifices' it took for the Eva to be operational (Shinji's mother's 'death'),

Shinji knew about that weather he wanted to remember or not.

But Ritsuko wasn't sure just 'how much' of the event he remembered.

Anonymous_Evafan wrote:
and that the Evas are, in fact, human.

I somehow doubt that was what she was worried about. He still piloted EVA-01 after learning this.

... yeah, just one more time against an angel, and she wasn't there to witness it. Whether or not you 'doubt' she worried about this, I equally 'doubt' she was sure of what his reaction would be if he ever DID figure it out.

Anonymous_Evafan wrote:
in Rei's case it may be in relation to her Angelic roots.

She knew about that too, she was just in denial about it.

Again, how would Ritsuko know for sure what Rei knows? It's not like she witnessed the conversations Rei had with herself, her 'other' selves, or Armisael.

Anonymous_Evafan wrote:
I don't see how this relates,

That as the head of the project she'd have a good reason to suspect such a thing.

'Suspect' I said that as well, but not neccesarily know.

Anonymous_Evafan wrote:
as far as we know Unit-00 is controlled either by an extension of Lilith's soul, or by Ritsuko's mother, and in the case of the latter it's unknown how the heck she would know it was her mother's soul controlling in the first place.

Keel's line in 23 says it best.
??:
We need another human sacrifice to counter Ikari.

KEEL:
And we need someone who knows the truth.

At the time he said that I believe she knew the truth, or at least most of it anyway, as it wasn't long after she was 'interviewed' and revealed the 'truth' to Shinji himself. 8)

Anonymous_Evafan
Minion
Minion

•      
  •      

Postby Anonymous_Evafan » Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:36 pm

Alaska Slim wrote:At the time he said that I believe she knew the truth, or at least most of it anyway, as it wasn't long after she was 'interviewed' and revealed the 'truth' to Shinji himself. 8)

How would Keel keep track of what she knew unless she knew from the very start?

Alaska Slim
Frigus Ignoramus
Frigus Ignoramus

•      
  •      

Postby Alaska Slim » Sat Nov 17, 2007 2:16 am

Anonymous_Evafan wrote:
Alaska Slim wrote:At the time he said that I believe she knew the truth, or at least most of it anyway, as it wasn't long after she was 'interviewed' and revealed the 'truth' to Shinji himself. 8)

How would Keel keep track of what she knew unless she knew from the very start?

Actually, by 'truth' I believe they meant Eva's true purpose, not necessarily all the 'soul' business, I mean, they themselves didn't even know the 'truth' about Rei, now did they? 8)

Anonymous_Evafan
Minion
Minion

•      
  •      

Postby Anonymous_Evafan » Sat Nov 17, 2007 3:37 am

She knew Gendo had Adam in his hand, all about Rei, etc. What reason do we have to think she didn't know everything? That you don't think she did? I'm sorry but you'll have to be a lot more convincing than that.

Alaska Slim
Frigus Ignoramus
Frigus Ignoramus

•      
  •      

Postby Alaska Slim » Sat Nov 17, 2007 4:29 am

Anonymous_Evafan wrote:She knew Gendo had Adam in his hand, all about Rei, etc. What reason do we have to think she didn't know everything? That you don't think she did? I'm sorry but you'll have to be a lot more convincing than that.

She knew everything in the end, I just don't believe she knew it all at the get-go. Even she needed to discover things over time. Also, in my above post I was referring to SEELE, I apologize for not being clear. 8)

Anonymous_Evafan
Minion
Minion

•      
  •      

Postby Anonymous_Evafan » Sat Nov 17, 2007 5:03 am

It was clear, I just don't follow your logic. Ritsuko was painted as one the the characters in the know from the very start.

TYPO
Last edited by Anonymous_Evafan on Sat Nov 17, 2007 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Sat Nov 17, 2007 4:05 pm

she had great knowledge of the Evas already, but after observing them in action, she found out more.
i believe that she knew all about the souls and whose souls were in the Evas from the beginning.
she just didnt know how powerful they were creating the Evas
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

Alaska Slim
Frigus Ignoramus
Frigus Ignoramus

•      
  •      

Postby Alaska Slim » Sun Nov 18, 2007 1:24 am

Anonymous_Evafan wrote:It was clear, I just don't follow your logic. Ritsuko was painted as one the the characters in the know from the very start.

TYPO

I wouldn't say that, she was confused and shocked over how the Eva moved to save Shinji from the falling debris, anf it's obvious she herself didn't always know the truth about Rei if her own mother didn't. Image

Anonymous_Evafan
Minion
Minion

•      
  •      

Postby Anonymous_Evafan » Sun Nov 18, 2007 3:41 am

Yui moving without power wasn't something they conceived as a possibility. That was the point to the cyborg-implants.

Alaska Slim
Frigus Ignoramus
Frigus Ignoramus

•      
  •      

Postby Alaska Slim » Sun Nov 18, 2007 6:32 am

Anonymous_Evafan wrote:Yui moving without power wasn't something they conceived as a possibility. That was the point to the cyborg-implants.

And that so they could 'bind the eva to their will'. :wink: Image

EDIT: You see what I mean by 'alignment'? Oddly enough of how it works fine at Trivial Being... perhaps it has to do with sentence spacing....

BEsERk EVA01 wrote:As for that, it could be a possibility You're smarter than I thought you would be.

...right... and I suppose I've been the 'epitome of idiocy' thus far then?

BEsERk EVA01 wrote:But wouldn't the cable snap, even under those conditions, because,even though it is super-strong, it couldn't handle the strain of having it blasted in half by blasts in EoE (Eva 02). Under immense lava and pressure, it would probably melt straightaway.

... wrong cable, I wasn't talking about the one that provided power, I meant the one that lowered EVA-02 into there in the first place, that was what EVA-01 had grabbed onto.

BEsERk EVA01 wrote:And, I do not know yet how to make words bold, coloured or sized.

..."Judge not, lest ye be judged" *sigh*

BEsERk, at the top of the box which you type your comments, there is a button with a capitalized 'B' on it, whenever you wish to bold something, highlight the words, then click on that button, for color and font, there is a list, just find 'default' and 'normal' respectively and click on the 'down arrows' next to them to determine which you want.

Of course, there's always the old fashion way of typing them, though I can't seem to demonstrate it. Image

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Sun Nov 18, 2007 12:30 pm

Alaska Slim wrote:
BEsERk EVA01 wrote:And, I do not know yet how to make words bold, coloured or sized.

..."Judge not, lest ye be judged" *sigh*

BEsERk, at the top of the box which you type your comments, there is a button with a capitalized 'B' on it, whenever you wish to bold something, highlight the words, then click on that button, for color and font, there is a list, just find 'default' and 'normal' respectively and click on the 'down arrows' next to them to determine which you want.

aw....you told him...

hm.. but that brings up a good question. why dont they put the same fortified armour as they do they Evas on the cable?
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

Return to “Evangelion TV Series + EoE Discussion”