Angel Abilities

For serious and at times in-depth discussions only, covering the original TV series, the movies End of Evangelion and Death & Rebirth.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
BEsERk EVA01
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

Angel Abilities

Postby BEsERk EVA01 » Mon Nov 05, 2007 6:10 am

So, if Angels really wanted to reach Lilith right? *I know, not All angels wanted the same objective* Why couldn't they be born with more weapons? For example, Shamshel, wtf, she only had 2 tentacles, what the hell does that do? I mean, she didn't look like the type who would probe humans (Armisael etc). Besides, they should've been equipped with much more weapons that would fulfill their role much more effectively. If Shamshel wasn't a prober, she wouldn't just have those two weapons, she should have an array if weapons that would suit everything she would encounter!

Opinions?
>>My User Profile On EvaPedia<<
>>Per Ardua ad Astra, Through Struggle To The Stars<<
>>Nothing<<

Shin-seiki
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

Postby Shin-seiki » Mon Nov 05, 2007 7:31 am

You should keep in mind that NGE is a work of fiction, so all the elements (characters, Angels, technology, etc) are written to serve the story, not the other way 'round. The Angels aren't designed to be invincible because their role is to show up one by one and get their ass kicked, basically...

UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End

Postby UrsusArctos » Mon Nov 05, 2007 7:45 am

To have their asses kicked in all manner of inventive ways possible, that is. Angel that sucks things in like a black hole? No problem, the Eva goes berserk and rips it open! Giant angel with a drill that no one can get near? Get a huge-ass positron rifle and get rid of it! Microscopic angel infiltrates without any prior warning? Reprogram it to die out! Parasite angle takes over an Eva? Rip the thing apart! Et cetera, et cetera, et cetera!
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

Postby Sachi » Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:45 pm

the two laser arms on Shamshel were affective enough
like Dr. Evil would say "ITS GOT FREAKIN' LASERS ON ITS FREAKIN' ARMS!!!"
those lasers sliced through a building like it was nothing, and penetrated Unit-01 easily
i say, if given a better chance, the Shamshel would have done a pretty good job
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

Shiro
Scribe
Scribe

Postby Shiro » Mon Nov 05, 2007 6:10 pm

We all know that Adam spawned Shamshel just so the other Angels and the Lilum could make phallic jokes...

Jokes aside, all creation is flawed. By that reasoning, if the Lilum were supposed to initiate 3I, then humans should be able to manifest their own AT Fields and contain the Evangelions to the point of complete and utter submission, or be able to defeat the Angels on their own.

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

Postby Sachi » Mon Nov 05, 2007 6:15 pm

Shiro wrote:We all know that Adam spawned Shamshel just so the other Angels and the Lilum could make phallic jokes...

Gaghiel: lol, Sachiel_13 said "Penetration"
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

Shiro
Scribe
Scribe

Postby Shiro » Mon Nov 05, 2007 6:18 pm

OT: Yay! I'm a Sachiel now!

On Topic: It's probably just a literary device though...if all the Shito were as impossibly strong as Zeruel, even Yui-sama wouldn't be enough...

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

Postby Sachi » Mon Nov 05, 2007 6:22 pm

agreed, thats just like asking "what would Iruel do if he did make the Magi self-destruct?"

"how the hell was Matariel gonna do anything if it was given the chance?"
- Sachi

The Imperialist
Pilot
Pilot

Postby The Imperialist » Mon Nov 05, 2007 6:32 pm

*Shrug* It would be interesting if the Angels could harness Telekinesis, and another human character with more supernatural powers...
I feel old

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

Postby Sachi » Mon Nov 05, 2007 6:36 pm

who needs Telekinesis when you can MIND RAPE people
- Sachi

The Imperialist
Pilot
Pilot

Postby The Imperialist » Mon Nov 05, 2007 6:44 pm

Tear them aprt? The human with TK ripping angels aprt so they resemble a slaughter house cutting up giant cows?
I feel old

Anonymous_Evafan
Minion
Minion

Postby Anonymous_Evafan » Mon Nov 05, 2007 7:23 pm

The Imperialist wrote:*Shrug* It would be interesting if the Angels could harness Telekinesis

That actually is one of their powers you know. Kaworu displayed it quite nicely. Basicly the only limit on their powers is their imagination.
Oh, but God forbid any of these theories have any validity! After all, we are just brainwashing innocent people with Reichu's fanclub propaganda!--Trigger's Elysium sarcasm for the masses!

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Mon Nov 05, 2007 7:43 pm

Didn't Rei display that power in Episode 24' as well, or I am trippin'?
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

UrsusArctos

Postby UrsusArctos » Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:22 pm

Sailor Star Dust wrote:Didn't Rei display that power in Episode 24' as well, or I am trippin'?

In the original 24 as well, it is never directly stated, but it's implied that she can float as well as erode Kaworu's ATF. And how else could she get up there?
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

Postby Sachi » Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:25 pm

she asked the wizard of oz to give her ruby slippers and she said "theres no place like that vent, theres no palce like that vent, theres no place like that vent"
- Sachi

UrsusArctos

Postby UrsusArctos » Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:30 pm

Frog blast the vent core! No wait...what vent?

BTW, that would do well in the "Evangelion Story" thread.

Cough, cough...back ot...Shamshel's cutting abilities would rival Zeruel's easily.

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

Postby Sachi » Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:35 pm

um....ya once Zeruel loses his Ribbon arms, he's screwed. but then i guess theres his Eye beam thingy.... (try super flying monkey dolls!)
- Sachi

Shiro
Scribe
Scribe

Postby Shiro » Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:48 pm

Zeruel was pretty damn invulnerable as well...nothing that Zerogouki or Nigouki tried worked on him. I'm assuming his AT-Field is the 3rd strongest, after Tabris and then Ramiel.

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

Postby Sachi » Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:52 pm

but in the end, he suffered the worst fate of all the Angels
UNIT-01s DIGESTIVE SYSTEM
- Sachi

Shiro
Scribe
Scribe

Postby Shiro » Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:24 pm

But he can take heart, knowing he did his part in making sure that Third Impact happened...I mean, what if Yui-sama had lost power while inside the Tree of Life?

Return to “Evangelion TV Series + EoE Discussion”