Angel Abilities

For serious and at times in-depth discussions only, covering the original TV series, the movies End of Evangelion and Death & Rebirth.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
Eva Yojimbo
Redbeard
Redbeard

Postby Eva Yojimbo » Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:38 pm

Since humans all want to conquer the world through the "might makes right" paradigm, why weren't we born with rocket launchers for arms? ;)
Cinelogue & Forced Perspective Cinema
^ Writing as Jonathan Henderson ^
We're all adrift on the stormy seas of Evangelion, desperately trying to gather what flotsam can be snatched from the gale into a somewhat seaworthy interpretation so that we can at last reach the shores of reason and respite. - ObsessiveMathsFreak
Jimbo has posted enough to be considered greater than or equal to everyone, and or synonymous with the concept of 'everyone'. - Muggy
I've seen so many changeful years, / to Earth I am a stranger grown: / I wander in the ways of men, / alike unknowing and unknown: / Unheard, unpitied, unrelieved, / I bear alone my load of care; / For silent, low, on beds of dust, / Lie all that would my sorrows share. - Robert Burns' Lament for James

Anonymous_Evafan
Minion
Minion

Postby Anonymous_Evafan » Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:46 pm

Cause we aren't living Gods that can shape-shift into whatever the hell we want and stuff... Oh wait, you were being sarcastic...
Oh, but God forbid any of these theories have any validity! After all, we are just brainwashing innocent people with Reichu's fanclub propaganda!--Trigger's Elysium sarcasm for the masses!

Eva Yojimbo
Redbeard
Redbeard

Postby Eva Yojimbo » Tue Nov 06, 2007 1:52 am

Anonymous_Evafan wrote:Oh wait, you were being sarcastic...
How could you tell? Am I breaking my rule of being too dry on the internet? Perhaps I should pump it up a bit. :)
Cinelogue & Forced Perspective Cinema
^ Writing as Jonathan Henderson ^
We're all adrift on the stormy seas of Evangelion, desperately trying to gather what flotsam can be snatched from the gale into a somewhat seaworthy interpretation so that we can at last reach the shores of reason and respite. - ObsessiveMathsFreak
Jimbo has posted enough to be considered greater than or equal to everyone, and or synonymous with the concept of 'everyone'. - Muggy
I've seen so many changeful years, / to Earth I am a stranger grown: / I wander in the ways of men, / alike unknowing and unknown: / Unheard, unpitied, unrelieved, / I bear alone my load of care; / For silent, low, on beds of dust, / Lie all that would my sorrows share. - Robert Burns' Lament for James

BEsERk EVA01
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

Postby BEsERk EVA01 » Tue Nov 06, 2007 2:59 am

Lo.Yeah, it would be cool if they were armed with bazookas and just wandered around Tokyo-3 wrecking havoc. Then it'll be a waste of tax payers' money. :lol: But, yeah, I guess it is all just a work of fiction, but think about reality...imagine if there were such things as Angels...(not God's angels I'm talking about...)
>>My User Profile On EvaPedia<<
>>Per Ardua ad Astra, Through Struggle To The Stars<<
>>Nothing<<

The Imperialist
Pilot
Pilot

Postby The Imperialist » Tue Nov 06, 2007 3:40 am

We will be obliterated. (If it was reality). But even with levitation, it doesn't rip things apart.
I feel old

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

Postby Sachi » Tue Nov 06, 2007 4:54 pm

we would be totally screwed
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

The Imperialist
Pilot
Pilot

Postby The Imperialist » Tue Nov 06, 2007 4:56 pm

Jawohl.
I feel old

BEsERk EVA01
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

Postby BEsERk EVA01 » Wed Nov 07, 2007 1:53 am

Yeah, and TRY to get a bit more on topic please.
>>My User Profile On EvaPedia<<
>>Per Ardua ad Astra, Through Struggle To The Stars<<
>>Nothing<<

The Imperialist
Pilot
Pilot

Postby The Imperialist » Wed Nov 07, 2007 3:27 am

Maybe the Angels could have been armed with 'living' nuclear weapons. That would be interesting.
I feel old

Anonymous_Evafan
Minion
Minion

Postby Anonymous_Evafan » Wed Nov 07, 2007 3:58 am

Techically Ramiel was...
Oh, but God forbid any of these theories have any validity! After all, we are just brainwashing innocent people with Reichu's fanclub propaganda!--Trigger's Elysium sarcasm for the masses!

Alaska Slim
Frigus Ignoramus
Frigus Ignoramus

Postby Alaska Slim » Wed Nov 07, 2007 5:34 am

Eva Yojimbo wrote:Since humans all want to conquer the world through the "might makes right" paradigm, why weren't we born with rocket launchers for arms? ;)

I once imagined my alarm clock had one, although in this delusion it was so it could protect me from large flying bugs in the hall way, it also motivated me to get up... at three O'clock in the morning... 8)
"Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing." - 1 Thessalonians 5:11

"It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

"God is in his Heaven, and free men walk upon the Earth" - Rev. Robert Sirico, President of the Acton Institute

The Imperialist
Pilot
Pilot

Postby The Imperialist » Wed Nov 07, 2007 6:20 am

Hmmm. I just imagined wanting to watch NGE in 5 o'clock in the morning, so I always wake up at 4.
I feel old

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

Postby Sachi » Wed Nov 07, 2007 7:45 pm

BEsERk EVA01 wrote:Yeah, and TRY to get a bit more on topic please.

damn, he gets really pissed whenever we get slightly off topic
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

Return to “Evangelion TV Series + EoE Discussion”