is this the mass production Eva's units For the final movie?

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Shakivara777
Embryo

is this the mass production Eva's units For the final movie?

Postby Shakivara777 » Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:05 am

from the anime expo evangelion short :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWyrez4dBEM
they look like this: http://evangelion.wikia.com/wiki/Core
anno want to change the mass production eva's with making them ordinary eva units with armorless :harpy_liplick:
Shinji you fucker

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

Postby pwhodges » Sun Aug 30, 2015 5:33 pm

The other images flashed up in that sequence reference the past (and curiously the series as well as the films) rather than the future, so I'm inclined to think perhaps not.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sun Aug 30, 2015 5:37 pm

Thought previous speculation was those are the Adams?
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

Postby pwhodges » Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:04 pm

Not that there's much basis for them being the Adams other than the fact that there are four of them. I think we also need to be cautious about assuming that the short is actually consistent with canon in spite of the supposed history of its elements.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

BlueBasilisk
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

Postby BlueBasilisk » Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:19 pm

Unit 01 has a very similar facial profile:
SPOILER: Show

The fact that there are four of them being impaled by the Lances makes me think they're supposed to be the Adams. But I wonder if Mark.06's mask is deep enough to cover that type of head? Its head seems more egg-shaped than these.
Someday I hope that we'll be reunited if that is what's destined to be. Perhaps we'll discover that elusive bible. And then we will finally be free!

Shakivara777
Embryo

Postby Shakivara777 » Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:35 pm

View Original PostBlueBasilisk wrote:Unit 01 has a very similar facial profile:
SPOILER: Show

The fact that there are four of them being impaled by the Lances makes me think they're supposed to be the Adams. But I wonder if Mark.06's mask is deep enough to cover that type of head? Its head seems more egg-shaped than these.

Eva unit-13 is know as "Adams survivor",One of the Adams has a third eye. This motif reappears with Eva-01 as the Radiant Giant at Near Third Impact. It also appeared with Eva-08 as originally designed, but the subsequent Eva-08 design has eight eyes and Eva-13 has four eyes, removing this connection. A three-eyed giant is present in the IPEA's logo, as well From the wiki
Shinji you fucker

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:44 pm

They very well could be, but there isn't very much evidence from with which to draw conclusions.

BlueBasilisk
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

Postby BlueBasilisk » Sun Aug 30, 2015 7:19 pm

View Original PostShakivara777 wrote:Eva unit-13 is know as "Adams survivor",One of the Adams has a third eye. This motif reappears with Eva-01 as the Radiant Giant at Near Third Impact. It also appeared with Eva-08 as originally designed, but the subsequent Eva-08 design has eight eyes and Eva-13 has four eyes, removing this connection. A three-eyed giant is present in the IPEA's logo, as well From the wiki

None of the Adams in Second Impact has four eyes or arms like Eva-13, so it's not unreasonable to think Nerv has remodeled them or tampered with their make-up somehow. Just look at the Vessel of Adams: Nerv smashed that thing into Unit 00 style armor, but it regenerates an entirely different head with twelve times the eyes.

Unit 01's third eye is a glowing chakra as opposed to a physical eye. Could be true for the Adam as well, but I have no idea why one would have it while the others don't. Eva-13 goes through a similar process but doesn't get one either.
Someday I hope that we'll be reunited if that is what's destined to be. Perhaps we'll discover that elusive bible. And then we will finally be free!

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Sun Aug 30, 2015 7:33 pm

The Adams as seen in 2.0 are in their "radiant giant" forms, akin to what Eva-01 becomes before getting skewered. If the image cited in the OP is of the Adams (the only likely suspect, IMO), it's, obviously, after they get speared and forcefully reverted to more fleshly forms, where they could well all look exactly the same.

Mark. 06 does have a Lilith-style egg-shaped head, rather than the more human Eva-01-type cranium. I'm not sure what we're supposed to make of this, exactly... A similar weird discrepancy exists in the original show, where blobby egg-head Lilith is cloned (???) into the very different-looking (much more Adam-like) Eva-01. This doesn't make much sense unless the "default form" for a Seed is a lithe, muscular humanoid with a nice, round cranium, and they "go Lilith" under certain conditions. And with Mark.06, said conditions only apply from the neck up? Yeah, I really have no fucking idea...
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

Re: is this the mass production Eva's units For the final mo

Postby Ornette » Sun Aug 30, 2015 8:30 pm

View Original PostShakivara777 wrote:
from the anime expo evangelion short :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWyrez4dBEM
they look like this: http://evangelion.wikia.com/wiki/Core
anno want to change the mass production eva's with making them ordinary eva units with armorless :harpy_liplick:

Your first post: http://forum.evageeks.org/post/807918/Until-You-Come-to-me-EVA-SHORT-FILM-40-HYPE/#807918

was merged to the correct thread. Please use that thread.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”