Khara specifically hiring animators for next Evangelion work

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Sun Jul 05, 2015 4:31 pm

We know from the 1.0 and 2.0 CRCs that Anno draws a lot of the layouts himself as well as sending notes on designs back and forth, so a lot of both the framing itself and specific details in them go through him.

We know from the Q groundwork book that the blue sheets with correction for animation are reserved for directors. Unfortunately those are not credited to specific individuals I would assume Anno is involved with those too. He is an animator himself after all. You can't really take that out of a person.

EDIT: To stay relevant to the thread, the recruiting deadline has passed at the start of this month.
"Hooray for other things!" -NAveryW

Attylus
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Attylus » Tue Aug 04, 2015 3:24 pm

View Original PostSicarius VI wrote:

Using a translator-

It translates to something that they are hiring for a "third phase", so in that context it seems to be on animator expo.

Edit- Then going on there website and using a translator on their first section, they say they are recruiting for the next Evangelion work.

So maybe both, who knows how long Season 3 of the Expo will be after Season 2 wraps up at the end of May.

Clearly, these animators are (not) for FINAL.
"Evangelion is like a mix between Pacific Rim and Requiem For A Dream."

Sicarius VI
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Sicarius VI » Tue Aug 04, 2015 3:28 pm

^ Well the recruitment has been over for more than a month. You're a bit late.
"I'm not going there to die, I'm going to find out if I'm really alive." - Spike Spiegel

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:16 pm

So is the short they hired these animators for the Tokyo-3 short?

Sicarius VI
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Sicarius VI » Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:30 pm

I thought it was decided in this thread it was for the expo and 3.0+1.0. But I guess not.
"I'm not going there to die, I'm going to find out if I'm really alive." - Spike Spiegel

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:41 pm

The Tokyo-3 short is part of the expo man.
SPOILER: Show

But it doesn't really seem like they need more than the usual number of Animators for the short about Tokyo-3. Unless the short is keeping all the good stuff from us until the actual short is showcased.

and the characters that have been shown seem to be in a more Moe-ish animation style than the actual movies. So. . . it's probably going to be Madoka-levels of messed up and trippy if they're hiring new animators for the job of specifically animating this short.

Sicarius VI
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Sicarius VI » Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:46 pm

View Original PostRay wrote:The Tokyo-3 short is part of the expo man.

Yea I know that, I was saying that I thought it was decided the animators were for the last part of the expo(like all of it including Neon Genesis Impacts) and also 3.0+1.0.

I don't see how those animators are "Clearly" not for Final when that page was up it said that it was for the "next Evangelion project" which could be either or both.

BlueBasilisk
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby BlueBasilisk » Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:13 am

Related?

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Thu Aug 06, 2015 7:14 pm

I think it's just thanking the applicants, unless there's something I'm missing.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Fri Aug 07, 2015 11:58 am

Hard to say. It's not like Khara is going to announce on Twitter what project these applicants might be working on. The goal is to hire animators who want work regardless of what the project is. Not Eva fans who want to some nerd street cred.

It could be more Animator Expo. It could be a TV series. It could be work Khara is doing for another studio on the side. And it could be Eva. We'll know one day.

BlueBasilisk
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby BlueBasilisk » Thu Nov 26, 2015 5:21 am

Possibly unrelated, but it looks like they're recruiting for some kind of color production?

EDIT: NOPE, production assistant posting. Thanks to TMB for clearing that up!
Last edited by BlueBasilisk on Thu Nov 26, 2015 8:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Someday I hope that we'll be reunited if that is what's destined to be. Perhaps we'll discover that elusive bible. And then we will finally be free!

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Thu Nov 26, 2015 6:18 am

Me thinks this might mean they're coloring completed line animation. And Animator Expo's over, so.....

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:41 am

No that's just machine translations doesn't know what Studio Khara is.

The job posting is for Production Assistant.

BlueBasilisk
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby BlueBasilisk » Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:48 am

Boy, that was completely off the mark in just about every regard! I tried checking in on a couple different translators in case it was something like that, but I guess some things just don't translate! :lol: So the "color" must have been a mangling of the studio name?
Last edited by BlueBasilisk on Thu Nov 26, 2015 8:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
Someday I hope that we'll be reunited if that is what's destined to be. Perhaps we'll discover that elusive bible. And then we will finally be free!

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Thu Nov 26, 2015 8:01 am

Yes. In general if you don't know any Japanese what-so-ever it's best to completely ignore machine translation. Especially Twitter's built-in one.

If you still want to risk it go to https://translate.google.com/ and break things down yourself.

You can paste in the 【新着】separately.

Then you can see 株式会社カラー matches exactly the twitter handle, which is just the company title.

After that the two leftover sentences start making more sense and if you do know some moon you you can mouse over things and see if google did a good job and also it reads things out for you under the original text.

While a lot of fiddling does bring in some use I would still recommend never trusting the machines.

BlueBasilisk
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby BlueBasilisk » Thu Nov 26, 2015 8:05 am

Thanks for the tip! I tried clicking the link embedded on their page earlier and it wasn't loading. Would have saved a lot of embarrassment. -o-;

Still, not too surprising it was nothing, I suppose.

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Thu Nov 26, 2015 9:49 am

PAs are fun, too.

BlueBasilisk
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby BlueBasilisk » Thu Nov 26, 2015 10:00 am

What do PAs do in a studio like Khara?

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Thu Nov 26, 2015 11:25 am

On both a live action set and an animation crew, they keep order to the chaos. They make sure things happen on time and in an orderly fashion, as well as making sure all the other departments are on the same page. On a live-action set, it looks more like "Quiet on the set," and, "It's XX:XX PM, let's get this started/finished and go onto the next scene," as well as the cast/crew/directors/producers/props/sets/costumes/make-up guys are all on the same page.

On an animation set, it looks more like making sure animation is finished on time and that the drawings are scanned, as well as making sure all the animation departments (keyframe/colors/compositors/special effects/ect.) are on the same page.

Shirobako is a good show to watch to see what an animation PA does.

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

Re: Khara specifically hiring animators for next Evangelion work

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Tue Dec 15, 2015 8:08 am

http://www.khara.co.jp/recruiting/

No mention of Eva still, but they are recruiting a fuckton of digital people. Director, Animator, Generalist (3DCG know-it-all), Technical Director, Programmer. If they want the latter two, they probably think their current stuff is clearly inadequate. Big list of software you need to be familiar with for them too.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”